Charlottesville TAG

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by FATNBLD, Oct 22, 2011.

1. grizz47

grizz47 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    hppyfngy,
    I must have just bearly Bruced you if that counts for anything. SeeDoo and I took a short ride from Buck Mountain Ford to a spot that once cost a price for admition. Altough it is now free you no longer get full use. The road we found looks like it hasn't been maintained since Sherman was a boy. It has a name and a number. Another way of saying the number might be 8:54. As to the name, well there is a gap in my memory. Could be due to the leaves changing from the lush green hues of summer. Perhaps I've stonewalled you long enough. Go 1.5 miles past the bridge and look at the base of tree, under one of the many "Posted" signs you will see along the route. Stay on the road and you can ignore these signs. You will find SeeDoo looking at the high tension lines overhead.
    I'll now try to attach some pics.
    Not having luck with the pics. Will post this and try again with photos
  2. grizz47

grizz47 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Pics for See Do

Attached Files:

3. hppyfngy

hppyfngy not dead yet

Oddometer:
    You guys and gals, you have to do better with these pictures.

You need one shot of the grab with your bike in it, one shot of your tag with your bike in it and at least one shot of where the cache is stashed, or one heckuva good description.

Cute clues grizz47 but pictures need a lot of work...

How To Post An Image

If you have any questions, pm me. :norton
  4. rudyunknown

rudyunknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    man why didnt i pick up a dirt bike when i lived in charlottesville, advrider just too late in my life.....good going there tuffstuff, see John KTM there :) hope u guys had a blast riding the last few rides thats left for this season...:clap
  5. grizz47

grizz47 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have pictures, could not resize well enough to upload. Downloaded another viewer and trying again.

Attached Files:

6. grizz47

grizz47 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Here is SeeDo nestled under a tree.

Attached Files:

7. grizz47

grizz47 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The tree is well marked with a "Posted" sign and don't forget the over head power lines

Attached Files:

8. tuffstuff

tuffstuff Livin' Life Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can't believe I didn't get a dirtbike years ago either! Sorry you weren't able to come this weekend too! You could have put your bike in the tag picture and joined in the riding this weekend too! We had a lot of fun ;) See you soon!
  9. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    What he said. Also need to say where the grab(old tag) was... eg: "Grab! Couch dump Rd., Rt 205, Ruckersville, at the old swimming hole"...etc, with the Grab picture.

Never say never...too late. Get one!

I beg to differ...tagging...er...riding season is just heating up!:evil
  10. rudyunknown

rudyunknown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i would have come down to ride there in a heart beat, problem is my 8- almost 9 month preggo wife needs me by her side, maybe next season i will be there with the family :)
  11. tuffstuff

Oddometer:
  12. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
  13. hppyfngy

hppyfngy not dead yet

Oddometer:
    :pierce Hahaha...

Just have fun tuffstuff. That's what it's all about anyway. We're just trying to play along. :D

Just suggesting a little decorum... but even saying that makes me feel silly....

:happay

Play On! :clap

Oh and BWalsh loves to manage tag maps!
  14. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Uh, no I don't! I just like looking at the smilies. :lol3
  15. FATNBLD

FATNBLD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I hope I'm not revealing just how dense I am here, but I cannot figure out these clues. I'm pretty sure i've got the route number, and there's more than one not too far from Charlottesville, but doggonneit I just can't seem to nail down any of the rest of it. Gonna try riding out to one of them today, the closest one to Buck Mountain Ford and see if it looks different from the ground than it does from Google Maps.

And in the meantime, since I'm off work early today, I'm going after the Valley Tag, looks like it's in a pretty cool spot, and it's a lot closer than it's last spot, and it's not in the valley, I'm planning to keep it that way.
  16. tuffstuff

Oddometer:
    I also cannot figure this one out! I hope you do!!! I noticed the valley tag is on our side of the mountain this time. Go get 'em both! We might get yours tomorrow! Another great weekend to ride :)

:clap
  17. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    +3. :dunno I have an idea where it is. Somewhere in Central Va! :lol3

There is another tag, besides the valley tag, not too far away.:deal
  18. FATNBLD

FATNBLD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK, so, I got the valley tag today, and kept it out of the valley, and I'm planning to grab the NW Virginia tag tomorrow morning. Still deciding on a spot to stick the duck, and I'm staying up way too late trying to figure out the Damn Charlottesville Tag spot. What am I missing!?!?!?!?!?!?
  19. tuffstuff

Oddometer:
    Do you think we can get another clue on the Charlottesville tag? We went out last night looking for it with no success. Seems others are also quite baffled. It sure is a good one! Can we get more help?
  20. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Tag games ARE about the ride...to the tag, NOT researching for hours on end and running all over the country side looking to see if you can "find" it...

grizz47 needs to come back here and post a solvable clue(s).