Temper; I lost mine again..

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by FlySniper, Mar 14, 2013.

1. babarnette

babarnette Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I don't think "mutual combat" would apply here, and, it is still "disorderly conduct" even if it does. If it were anywhere other than an airport you might get away with it, but, if you run into an airport and start a fight with someone I can just about guarantee that you are going in cuffs for a ride down to the local jail. If the motorcyclist just walked up to the guy and punched him, regardless of the circumstance that led up to that event, it is probably "simple assault" or "assault and battery".
  2. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey jnich, fuck you. :boid Maybe you were that mouth breather since you fit the definition to a tee.

I hope some shit runs your ass off the road some day soon. Then maybe you wont post stupid childish shit anymore.
  3. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    Now now. No need for that. :nah

Just because he's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier don't mean that violence is warranted.

Coffee Thurs? :ear

M
  4. SammyTheSlider

SammyTheSlider You have insufficient privileges to reply here

Oddometer:

Oh my heavens... such harsh verbiage. I'm truly sorry that you didn't get your way in the Police station and had to go home feeling less that gratified. I hope that some day you will have the stature in life so that law enforcement is at your beck and call. :baby

On a slightly related side note, perhaps you need to learn a little about the legal system and how it operates. Your ignorance on the matter is mildly offending to anyone who has any amount of common sense.

As for the rest, grow up man, no need to get your spunk soaked panties in a wad.
  5. babarnette

babarnette Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, this thread is heading down hill.
  6. SammyTheSlider

Oddometer:

Oh look, he has a friend. Will you hold his hand while he sulks and tries to regain his composure...evidently being told "no" by an adult was more than he could handle at the time. He might need a hug too, it would seem as if he a sensitive little fella.
  7. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:

Yeah, I have many friends on here. I doubt you have any after seeing your childish posts.
    You not only attack me but anyone else who knows me on here? You're a pathetic POS. Does your mother know you're playing with the computer?
  8. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not advocating violence...just hoping the same thing happens to him so he will realize how much of an asshole he was for posting that drivel...

Just sent you a PM.
  9. SammyTheSlider

Oddometer:
    Wow, and all fo that from the guy who posted "Police(at least here) are totally F'n worthless." Really man, get over yourself.
  10. SammyTheSlider

Oddometer:

HaHa.. I attacked you, really I attacked you??? Is your skin that thin? You post disparaging things about LEO's simply because you didnt get your way and now you go off on me because I made fun of you for it...haha. How about you go down to that police station and vent your anger at the officer that told you no... on wait, you won't becasue then you couldn't hide behind your keyboard.

You are right, I don't have any friends on here, not a single one. All of my friends are with flesh and blood human beings and they began through person to person contact.

Oh, and for the record, I have had something similar happen, but unlike you I simply continued passing them and got on with my day.
  11. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:

Speak English. What are you trying to convey by this post? You're making no sense at all...but that in itself makes perfect sense.

Anyway, Fuck off punk. I don't talk to children on the net...
  12. SammyTheSlider

Oddometer:

Nice how your ego is so frail that you feel the need to keep hitting reply, yet you lacked the manhood to express your profane opinion to the officer that didn't coddle your mincy little balls as he told you "no." Get over yourself man. You talked shit about LEO's, I made fun of you for it... if that sets you off this bad... no wonder you have to boast about having "friends" on the internet... reality must be a bitch!
  13. Mr_Gone

Mr_Gone Viking Berserker

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  14. ozmoses

ozmoses persona non grata

Oddometer:

Simpatico!
  15. FlySniper

FlySniper Bleh...

Oddometer:

Do you guys realize how fucking stupid you sound? You come across like two mouthy little punks puffing up in a yelling match, but each afraid to actually throw the first punch.
  16. speedmonkey7

speedmonkey7 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey when you truly feel your life is threatened, in a situation like that it is near impossible to control your temper. You go into either fight or flight mode, and she really forced the fight. I wouldn't feel bad at all, a piece of excrement that would risk someone else's life like that gets what they deserve. I'd say she got off pretty lightly considering what she did to you.
    Just be careful in the future though. I got chased down the freeway at triple digit speeds (in my cage) with a guy pointing a gun at me years ago. He did something similar to what you described and when I expressed my displeasure, he pulled out that gun and started waving it around. This was before cel phones, and I just had to out-drive him (his car was faster than my truck unfortunately). Scary shit though! Just too many nut cases out there these days. :eek1
  17. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you the pot or the kettle? Its OK for you to loose your temper but no one else?

At least we didn't pound on stuff, kick things and break shit. :lol3 I went on that text rant after that dumb ass made a stupid remark regarding my experience at damn near getting run into a ditch. For that I apologize for stooping down to his intellectual level.
  18. FlySniper

FlySniper Bleh...

Oddometer:

Oh hell, I'm probably one of the biggest idiot/assholes that I know, it's just that it's irritating listening to someone else play the part.:rofl
    :hide
  19. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    ya gotta wonder how threatened are we really?

Think about it: we're more maneuverable than a car, we're faster than most cars, fit places they don't, etc.

If you feel your life is threatened and react accordingly, you've given up on all the other options available to a MC rider. :nod

Its really no different than 'I had to lay 'er down.' You've given up all the other options for the least effective method of 'crash avoidance.' ...or in this case road rage avoidance.

When elephants are dancing, the mouse better get out of the way.

M
  20. windmill

windmill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but I ride a Ural, unless the troublemaker is in a VW bus or loaded U-haul I'm not outrunning or out maneuvering them. :wink:
    On the plus side, for whatever reason it seems nobody messes with sidecar rigs. About the only time I get a tailgater or someone crowding me is because they are trying to take a picture.

It does help a lot that I don't ride like a aggressive jerk or a rolling road block. I am assertive and, won't assist someone to do something dangerous or illegal, but never try to influence what others are doing.

Having good situational awareness, reasonable expectations, and a decent attitude works wounders for preventing incidents in the first place. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. :deal