GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GEIGERRIG, Feb 5, 2011.

1. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All ADV Riders... Sorry for the delayed response here. This is Bob Geiger from GEIGERRIG. Please know that you will all receive the filter no matter if you order a pack or a hydration engine. We're going to take care of you. We're happy to support all ADV Riders.

I am traveling on business, and will make sure that our team fulfills all of the filters to each of you. (We see the PROMO code on the orders.) I am returning to the office on Monday.

All of the orders that you all are placing are going to be fulfilled to you by a GEIGERRIG retailer. The free filter will be sent directly to you from GEIGERRIG.

We are excited to support you all here at ADV Rider, and you will receive a free filter and filter ready drink tube with your orders when you enter the promo code. Not to worry.

Sincerely,

GEIGERRIG
  2. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All ADV Riders...

GEIGERRIG has placed calls to all of you ADV Riders who have placed orders to make sure that you hear directly from us that your filters and filter ready tubes will be sent out to you early next week. Be assured guys, your gear is on the way.

Again, we appreciate the support. You're going to love this new gear.

Feel free to communicate with us directly at: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com.

Traveling on business tomorrow, but will be in the office on Monday morning.

Have a great weekend!
  3. ADV Fool

ADV Fool Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    OK folks, I''m really impressed with the customer service of this company. I got a direct call tonight from Bob Geiger himself to explain what is stated in the previous post. On top of that he provided me with his personal cell number in case I have any follow-up questions. I haven't even received my order yet but if the pack is as good as the service I will be very happy.

ADV Fool
  4. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    The same here. Impressed, very impressed...

E.S.

5. ColemanCox

ColemanCox Adventurer

Oddometer:
    + 1

Very impressed with GEIGERRIG's sense of customer service. They're definitely going well beyond what I have any right to expect. Really looking forward to giving their system a try.

Thanks again,
    Coleman

6. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:

Ok, I stand corrected... you'll get the filter even if you just order the hydration pack :thumb Great deal!
  7. dogen

dogen certified JB welder

Oddometer:
    Amazing deal! - I figured I probably wouldn't get the filter unless I ordered a full pack but I thought I'd give it a try anyways. The filter will come in handy on our Trans Lab Hwy trip this summer. Shipping cost to Canada was very reasonable too.
  8. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined

Oddometer:
    No sucking, easy cleaning, inline filter, leak warranty...
    This looks great even without the 3M accolades.

I ordered mine, and will be giving it a full round of tests.
    I look forward to squirting my riding buddies at stop lights. hahah
  9. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Got my Rig 500 right now from UPS. Will try and post my experience here. Waiting for the Geigerrig inline filter and filter ready drinking tube as per our conversation with Bob Geiger. :clap
  10. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey ADV Riders... Lots of orders from you all. The filters and filter ready tubes will be shipping out right away.

Our offer will stay open to you all. We're looking forward to continued support to you all.

Always feel free to contact us directly with your thoughts:

bob@hubcityoutdoor.com
    801-823-3336
  11. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Woo!! I received mine today!! I ordered the Rig 500, in one word: Wow! :rayof

It's a very well thought out product! Amazing attention to detail; they've thought of everything! there's even a small drainage hole in the base of the backpack.

Here's a short list of what I like about the design:

First off, the hydration bladder is not sitting at the bottom of the backpack, it hangs by a hook, which is a significant improvement over my camelback.

One thing I HATED about the regular hydration pack was the process of removing it from its backpack. You had to fish through the hydration tube through various holes and the backpack shoulder straps. Not with Geigerrig!! The hydration and pressure hoses have quick release couplings :clap (similar to quick release fuel couplings on some motos) These alone are worth the price of admission for me. No need to mess around with the hoses, simply detach and remove the hydration bladder for filling or cleaning.

Cleaning: Remove the bladder, and pull it inside out and put either hand clean it or put it in the dishwasher!! Gotta love that. I couldn't even turn the old bladder inside out to dry it out before storing it.

Pressurization: Simply beautiful. No backwash, no sucking air when the water is running low. Plus, in the hot summer months you could use the pressurized water stream to hose yourself down.

The backpack: The portion that rests against your back is nicely padded, there are several zippered compartments inside and out, details and pics on the Geigerrig site.

The (bonus to ADV inmates) inline filter is nice to have too, for those who wander off and run out of water.. refill from a stream and filter as you drink. (I haven't tried it yet.)

Thanks for the excellent service and outstanding product! I highly recommend this to anyone using a regular hydration pack.
  12. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Just got the filter and the extra hose today. The warning sign for the life time warranty for the hose is hilarious. :)
  13. leeinmemphis

leeinmemphis Long timer

Oddometer:
    I received mine yesterday. It is a very sweet setup. I will probably be a month or so until I get a chance to use it but I am looking forward to using it this summer.
  14. ropegun

ropegun Go Dawgs!

Oddometer:
    You can't go wrong with a company run by the caliber of man that is at the Helm of this one......US Naval Academy Grad, former USMC Infantry Officer.

Patronize these products. Nothing is better built and no one is better suited to make sure it is done right.

Once you have one of these systems, you will never go back to your stinky hydration pack. Just the option of turning the bladder inside out is enough to sell me on the gear, but a recent trip to Death Valley on the GS proved the utility of the pressurized system.

Semper Fi
  15. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    I finally put it in a test this weekend. Here is what I have:

Pros:
    * Comfortable backpack with nice patting
    * No pressure problem even with filter attached
    * Great to clean mud on the bike, visor, etc.
    * Very easy to fill and clean

Cons:
    * Mouth piece too sensitive and leaks even when I squeeze it accidentally hanging down (maybe it can be fixed by adjusting the mouthpiece, I forgot to try)
    * A plastic carabiner/hinge would be nice to hang stuff on the shoulder straps.
    * Hard to keep the mouth piece in your mouth with out drinking water. Maybe a small plastic piece at the bottom to hang it to your lower teeth would be nice

Overall:
    Great product to have. You don't even feel it on your back. Very comfortable. I strongly recommend it for anyone out there looking for a camelbak.
  16. leeinmemphis

leeinmemphis Long timer

Oddometer:
    thanks for the heads up. I may try a camelback bite valve to see if that helps. It is definitely a great set up.

17. Old Blue

Old Blue Shallow waterman

Oddometer:
    Subscribed. I live in hot-as-hell South Texas. My Camelback is just about worn out. Can't wait to learn more about these.
  18. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bob Geiger here...

Thank you for the positive feedback about the product. We are glad that you guys are liking it. We've worked hard to build a superior system.

As for the issue with your bite valve: We have a life-time warranty for leakage, so I really want to know about this issue. The bite valves have been designed to hold the pressure. So... a leaky bite valve doesn't sound right.

We love the comment: "hard to keep the bite valve in your mouth without drinking water...." Never Suck Again!

Please feel free to call me to discuss by phone. We'll get to the bottom of this, and get it resolved. NO LEAKS!

Also, there is an on-off switch on the bite valve.

GEIGERRIG Office: 801-823-3336 e-mail: bob@hubcityoutdoor.com

19. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Hi Bob,

I'll call you today around noon. As I said earlier, great customer support. :D
    About the "leak", I wouldn't call it a "leak" actually (but I did, huh :huh), because it is not leaking if it is just hanging down. But ofcourse while riding or sitting the mouth piece get stuck somewhere and it does what it does best, pumps out water... :rofl That's what I was talking about. Since I was all geared up with riding outfit, I didn't mind getting wet.
    Anyways, I'll call you today.

20. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Adv Riders,

I wanted to take a moment this morning to let you know that we have updated the navigation on our website to improve your shopping experience. There were a couple of links that were not easy to follow, but now they work very well.

We sure enjoy all of the great communication and direct discussion that we are having the opportunity to have with all of you. The e-mails and phone calls are so appreciated and welcomed. We genuinely discuss all of your thoughts and wishes with our product engineers and designers.

We are glad that you like our GEIGERRIG hydration packs and hydration systems and that they are meeting and/or exceed your high expectations.

Be safe out there and call anytime.

Sincerely,

Bob Geiger
    Vice President
    Operations
    801-823-3336
    bob@hubcityoutdoor.com