The All New LIQUID COOLED R1200GS threadfest

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Dorsicano, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Rauven

Rauven I like the cold...

Oddometer:
    Norway here. Ordered the bike in January, piked it up at the beginning of April, and as for today no crashbars or vario cases. There are none to be delivered and BMW doesn't have a clue when there will be any. I'm slowly starting to get impatient. If they don't deliver by the beginning of June I'll just cancel the order, get my money back and buy from some other company.
  2. Kaj

Kaj Gessu

Oddometer:
    Sounds weird, situation different at your neighbours, Finland.
    Ordered mine in February, delivered mid April with crash bars and full set of Varios.
  3. IB1

IB1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    From BMW: still waiting for my tankbag. Paniers arrived mid april. Crashbars (from TT arived last week). LED fog lights from TT aren't in yet (looking outside and seeing the grey surrounding caused by the light drizzle that has falling out of the skies all day :hmmmmm)
  4. maximo de la maximus

maximo de la maximus Abracadabra Holmes

Oddometer:
    To date I've gotten the rally seat, led aux lights, larger footpegs, and crash bars... all bmw. Still waiting for the solo seat conversion, and oddly, the enduro pro plug.

Panniers made it to the front door as well but these are TT not bmw.
  5. Crilly

Crilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    :norton Mine came in yesterday. We got it set up today. Learned two things today. The computer well not except the LED turn signals. Throws a code and blinks fast. There is not a line to change it when the tech had the computers hooked up.
    The wire from the computer plug is hot all the time. So cannot be used as a switchable lead, like on older GSs.
  6. khale

khale ride dirty

Oddometer:
    Here's what they look like.
    [​IMG]
  7. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I learned the same thing with the LEDs. My dealer has sent a service message into BMW for updated software. Did yours? I'd assume the more calls they get for this the quicker they will allow it.
  8. GhostriderADV

GhostriderADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Did some laps on the BMW wasser boxer at Pacific Raceways, WA, with Optimum Performance Rider Training.

Thank you so much to South Sound BMW for the test ride and trusting I don't return with a 15k+ ball of metal.

Thanks Adam with Ghost Film Works for the photos!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. Voz

Voz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When I picked up in Sydney this week I also needed a tank bag and reluctantly took the BMW Large bag for AU $450. I thought it was too big and expensive, after using for three days now I must say I totally love it. 100% waterproof and with a clear panel on top for phone, tablet, maps, etc.

I keep a full set of waterproofs and gloves in it and still have room for other stuff and it is expandable.

Good luck with getting yours, cheers.
  10. IB1

IB1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I ordered the small one. On my previous beamer I had both small and large and I never used the large one cause it was to big. I am rather short and it got in my way.
    In a small one I normally put: sunglasses, phone, sandwich (or equivalent), 0.5L bottle and some gloves.
    Works like a charm. Hoping I can pick mine up before my trip at the end of the month.
  11. PPiA

PPiA Pete

Oddometer:
    Is orange an option?
  12. NLS

NLS My bike needs washing...

Oddometer:
    No, but is dirt simple and dirt cheap to do it.

Blue LED also not an option. :D
  13. NLS

Oddometer:
  14. GhostriderADV

GhostriderADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No. This bike has been painted to offend the KTM folk. haha. It's only two panels to paint. Any competent home brew weekend-warrior painter can knock it out in an afternoon with about 40 bucks of materials.

15. NLS

Oddometer:
    http://www.bikeit.gr/test-bikes/on-...kimes-on-off-2013-bmw-r-1200-gs-maniatis.html

A Greek test.
    Use Google or Bing to translate.

They like it very much. Tested on and off road. They make spec comparison with old. They measured real HP (and is the first time I get realistic results, because I've read even about real HP being MORE than claimed - which I don't believe is ever the case). Also for the first time they seem to have reached top speed which on the dials indeed goes up to 240Km/h (yah!) and not the 220+ that I've read (and which is TOO CLOSE to my 2007 max. speed).

Also some nice photos (but low res).
  16. Dr. Greg

Dr. Greg Tryin' to get home.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Does "rolling the throttle off fully" (i.e. against the stop) disable the cruise control? If so, I'm kinda mystified...

This is the most relaxed position (for me, at least), and would seem to somewhat defeat the effect of a CC.

The TEX I test-rode a while back seemed to behave this way. The electronic CC (Tuneboy) I installed on my Duc MTS1200 does NOT behave this way (and is very nice).

For LD riding I find it very relaxing to roll the throttle fully closed, and "rest" my hand against the throttle stop. If this disables the CC, then...hmmmm.

Anyway, just wondering...thanks for any responses.

--Doc
  17. Gary Stofer

Gary Stofer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, rolling against the throttle stop disengages the Cruise.
  18. sbrownn

sbrownn SlowMo

Oddometer:
    I haven't tried rolling off the throttle to disengage the cruise control but there is no problem riding with the cruise control set and the throttle fully closed. Just came home from coffee exactly that way.
  19. cjack

cjack Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In the case of riding with the throttle closed there is no issue with the cruise maintaining the speed. However, if riding along, you close the throttle, that means you want to slow down. For the cruise to try to maintain speed, would be wrong. BMW cruise on their motorcycles has always operated in this way.
  20. PirateJohn

PirateJohn Banned

Oddometer:
    Solo seat conversion? I hadn't heard about this. Any details?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD