ATTN: Charlottesville tire changer owners

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by AntonLargiader, Mar 11, 2005.

1. AntonLargiader

AntonLargiader Long timer

Oddometer:
    SST and I would like to buy into it and as I understand it, Steve is willing to sell his two shares. As you know, it will eventually have to leave where it is now and I'm about a mile away. I'm willing to buy two shares provided it ends up here, but it doesn't make sense for me to buy into it at all if it doesn't.

Given that Steve is now so far away and there are also two tire changers in NoVa, it sounds reasonable to me that we buy Steve's two shares and one from someone up north. However, this isn't my decision to make; the group of current owners should settle this and simply tell us what to do. The machine has already moved farther away from some of the owners so maybe more people want to get out of it.

I have space for the changer and I'll have even better space in a few months. I also have compressed air 24/7 and a damned good asssortment of tools. I'm centrally located for the Albemarle folks. However, if the changer comes here it will be for the use of the owners only. No way do I want some stranger walking in saying "I am a friend of so-and-so and he said..." so if you want to help your friend out, you'll have to come here yourself or he will need to buy in. If you want, I guess it is possible to collect a fee from such people which would be used to buy out people who now live too far away. I was part of a similar deal in PA and it worked out really well.

Anyway, if I don't hear from folks in a week or two, SST and I will just figure out what to do... probably making offers to the people living farthest away (Steve and Jabba?).
  2. HarveyMushman

HarveyMushman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can sell my share. :cry
  3. Steverino

Steverino Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer:
    I'll sell my two of mine, but I own three..

Mine you know who :freaky and Ji's :D

So I'll sell my two like you asked and still be able to use it?
  4. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    I never had a share :lol3
  5. Steverino

Oddometer:
    I know, I had to pay for yours when you backed out. :gerg
  6. FormerInmate 081920

FormerInmate 081920 Guest

Oddometer:
    something like 205 :lol3
  7. eap

eap El Adventurero Solitario Supporter

Oddometer:
    I can shell mine too - Harvey, we should get with Squiggly of somethin and install one up north. We got duped into buy'n in with Steverino before he went on the lam to Blacksberg. :evil
  8. Steverino

Oddometer:
    No shit

Harvey and Ed, ya'll sell your shares first and get out...I'll stay in.

How about we get the changer and sell it outright and divide the money back up or have the changer taken back up north? The only fair thing to do is move it north or sell it and divide so that all that purchased can get some value back. Other wise two will sell their shares and the rest of us will be burdened by the distance to use. I am not making decisions for all, just discussing options.

Harvey, what is wrong with your garage? Or you eap???

You guys interested in buying it outright down there in Cville?

Another option is to list it on Flea Bay. I know we will not have a problem selling it.
  9. AntonLargiader

Oddometer:
    How many shares are there? Grimmy mentioned that he might want to get in; and I think there are one or two owners in this area, aren't there? So if I buy two, SST, maybe Grimmy, Neal, whoever else is local, Steve you indicated that you'd be willing to keep one share... Plus new people will show up. If I have to, I could probably float a few more shares but I'd be looking to sell them as time goes on.

Anyway, I guess there are a few more shareholders we haven't heard from.
  10. Steverino

Oddometer:
    Originally there would be 10 shares of $68 each was the plan.

I have three, Poonie, Philspace, PhilII???, eap, jabba, Mush and Capopaul.
  11. SRG

SRG Long timer

Oddometer:
    I could probably be talked into buying a share if the changer ends up w/ Anton.
  12. 2ndSPACE

2ndSPACE Long timer

Oddometer:
    I bought into the new balancer but not the changer.
  13. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
    Unless the current owners can settle on a workable new location for the changer, I think the best option is to sell it outright and split up the take amongst the owners in the same proportion they bought. My garage is pretty small, I don't own it, and I don't know how long I'll be living here (hopefully not too much longer), so I think my place is not a good option.

How many of the current owners are interested in continuing their ownership if it stays in C'ville? :dunno That might help determine whether we should just sell it.
  14. ImaPoser

ImaPoser adventure imposter

Oddometer:
    :rofl This is fun. Makes me glad I ponied up the whole amount for one to sit in my garage.

carry on.:lurk
  15. AntonLargiader

Oddometer:
    Aren't you a current owner? Don't talk about talking about it, say what you want.

I'm glad it seems so complicated to you. More interesting that way, I hope.

For those in a decision-making capacity on this issue, Charlottesville will be able to buy five or six of the shares pretty easily. If you want to sell it on eBay, we'll bid on it there.
  16. eap

eap El Adventurero Solitario Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't have room for it either, and no ice box for beer in the garage,:1drink or else I be in favor of bring'in up here. I don't think JABBA has a garage, and I don't know anything about Ebay - So my preference is to sell my share and/or 1/10th of the sale. 'Course, if it does move up north, I'm IN.

Anton, why don't you make 'us' an offer?
  17. AntonLargiader

Oddometer:
    It'll be easier if I know who wants to stay in, who wants to get in, and most importantly who wants to get out. That's what this thread is about!
  18. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
    I want the non-owners to butt out while the owners solve this little problem. :evil

I already declared I'm willing to sell my share.
  19. HarveyMushman

Oddometer:
    Steve, you have 2 or 3 shares, right? And the furthest to travel to use the thing. And another changing machine in your garage. If anyone is going to sell shares, yours ought to be first on the block, if you want to part with them. Only seems fair. I'll part with my share after yours are sold.

I think it makes the most sense to sell the thing outright. If Anton wants to buy it, great, he gets first option. If not, we can sell it in the flea market here or on eBay. It'll sell.

Money isn't the issue for me. My share paid for itself long ago and I never expected to get any cash back. I'm just trying to be accommodating where the other owners are concerned, Steve foremost.
  20. Steverino

Oddometer:
    So the problem is Poonie is selling the Poonderosa and we need to relocate the changer.

If nobody up north can locate the changer, then we are considering selling it.

So, the first question is anybody got room?

Mushman No
    Eap No
    Jabba uh uh
    Me too far south
    Steve too far south
    Steverino too far south
    Philspace already has a 220
    Capo Paul ???????????
    Harpoon nope

So maybe we should sell? We paid $695 plus shipping if I recall.

Tim wants out
    Eap wants out
    I can get out (3 times)
    Jabba???
    CapoPaul?
    Harpoon??
    Philspace??

If you want, I will buy out you and eap Harvey and move the changer down here and if Jabba, Poonie, Harpoon and Phil want out I'll buy their shares too.

What say you Tim, or does Anton and his merry band of Cville cronies want to make an offer. I say we do nothing until we hear from the rest.