GatosBros

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by jesusgatos, Aug 11, 2012.

1. jesusgatos

jesusgatos fishing with dynamite

Oddometer:
    We're working on putting together some videos to help explain all this stuff. Know that it's a little bit hard to understand how something like the universal stabilizer mount works without being able to see how it works.
  2. dieselcruiserhead

dieselcruiserhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Salt Lake City Utah (formerly Park City/Heber)
    Thanks, makes complete sense.

I'm also assuming +42mm handlebar perches are the taller purchases seen in this photo:
    [​IMG]

, but then + 48mm is 2 spacers below it.

[​IMG]

So the total height would be + 90mm? Is this from the center of the handle bars to the top of the triple clamp, or from the bottom of the handlebars? Or from the top of the perches?

thanks
  3. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    No, not exactly. When we're talking about perch height, we mean the KTM handlebar perches on your bike. They come in a few different heights, and the most common are 28, 32, 37 and 42mm tall. That's measured from the handlebar perch mounting surface to the centerline of the handlebars. When you're configuring a stabilizer mount, 'height desired' is referring to the total combined height of the stabilizer mount, the topcaps, and spacers (if any). You can think about this as additional height (not including the handlebar perches), and ranges from 23-53mm, in 5mm increments. And when you select the 'height desired', we'll select the components to give you exactly what you want. Realize that this is not the simplest ordering process, but the technical nature of these products and the range of fit that we want to offer kind of dictates that things be this way. Hope it makes sense, and please let us know if you have any other questions.
  4. dieselcruiserhead

Oddometer:
    Makes complete sense. thanks again
  5. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Any interest in carb adapters for the newer-style FCR MX carbs? I used one of Noss' universal FCR adapters on my 650R with a 39mm FCR off a late-model CRF450 and it ripped, but the adapter dimensions weren't quite right. So we're going to have them make some custom adapters for the XR650R and the XR650L. I don't have a 650R anymore, but my buddy James wants one and I need to have some 650L adapters made for these bikes. Figured we might as well make them available. His regular universal adapters cost $65, so am guessing these will probably be a little bit more expensive, but can't imagine they'll end up costing any more than $80. It's pretty easy to find good deals on used FCR MX carbs ($300?) because there are so many of them out there (being used on virtually all of the modern 450cc motorcross bikes). So this can be a relatively low-cost upgrade, and the performance is flat-out awesome. Fitment is pretty straightforward, and you do not have to modify the gas tank in order to clear the carb if you just install it a few degrees off vertical. So this is literally a bolt-in deal, and you can use the FCR throttle cables and twist-grip (stock CRF cables are perfect length with aftermarket tripleclamps and taller bars). Shoot me a PM if you want one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. dieselcruiserhead

Oddometer:
    Just ordered some heavy duty well thought out bling orange billet under-bar mount for a Scotts damper for my '10 KTM 450 XC-W.

Pumped......!
  7. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Thanks Andre! Was good talking to you and those parts will go out tomorrow.
  8. dieselcruiserhead

Oddometer:
    You too Jesse... Thanks for the awesome conversation this afternoon...
  9. dieselcruiserhead

Oddometer:
    One full ride in with the Gatos Bros damper mounts and cannot say how impressed I am with the setup... Nice work again guys...

Used my old damper from the previous bike. Got the tower from BRP Moto. I paid full price but you can use code d3710 for 10% off, so I'm about $230 into the complete mount which is about as much as anyone else. The quality is incredible and most importantly is that it helps sales from these guys for this super smart (and stout) design. The attention to detail is amazing, and perfect. Not a single issue or complication from the setup.

Therefore, psyched to be rockin' Gatos Bros stuff on my bike... It's already gotten a whole bunch of questions and comments from other riders. Here are a couple photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Photos are in my basement so the overall photos make it a little more blood orange than it actually is. It's a solid nice Orange that matches for example the rear cooling fins on the rear brake of a '10.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. RobertoGatos

RobertoGatos Go-Go-GatosBros!

Oddometer:
    Raced King of Motos this year, and that really put our parts through their paces. Cant count the number of times I wrecked the bike. Glad to say we still have not had a single failure!

Check out the race report.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. sama3033

sama3033 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh man! amazing stuff guys - a friend gave me his GPR V1 and I have been looking for a mount to fit it to my 990 Adventure so I'm wondering if this will work. I have Rox risers on the bike as it is so clearance shouldn't be an issue. Let me know if this works and how much. Very cool.

SM
  12. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Thanks. Unfortunately, we can't accomodate GPR V1 stabilizers because they're too big to fit between the perches. We can make a mount for the V4, but there hasn't been much demand. Scotts stabilizers are really popular and we've also been testing Fastway's System 5 stabilizer. So far so good and it incorporates some really neat features. Only downside is that it's a little taller than the Scotts so it won't work for riders looking for a low-rise setup.
  13. AK_Kurt

AK_Kurt n00b

Oddometer:
    The outer hand guard and stabilizer mounts look great! Will you be offering a piece to connect hand guards to your KTM stabilizer mount?
  14. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to thank Rob and GatosBros for sponsoring the Westfest Rally this year in Buena Vista, CO and providing one of their Universal Stabilizer mounts as a raffle prize.

I just got the mount in the mail and the finish and machined quality of the piece is top notch, some of the best work I have seen. It is apparent they put a ton of thought and work into what they make, nice job guys!
  15. RobertoGatos

RobertoGatos Go-Go-GatosBros!

Oddometer:
    Thanks AK! We're working on some solutions for inner hand guard mounts now. Don't have a firm date on when it might be ready, but we are working on it!
  16. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    We need to raise some money to help get GatosBros off the ground so... as much as we hate to do it, we're selling off our bikes. Up first is my 2010 450XCW. Take a look and please pass the word along if you know anyone looking for a very nicely set-up bike.

[​IMG]
  17. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    Well, we're all-in. We sold our bikes to make parts for your bikes. Took us a while to raise enough money to put all the parts we've designed into production, but we'll have a bunch of new stuff up on the website soon.
  18. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good call GatosBros... I know the feeling of having to sell something to get projects going....

All the best for your new projects. looking forward to seeing new parts from you, design and quality is top notch ! :freaky
  19. dieselcruiserhead

Oddometer:
    Like! :D
  20. jesusgatos

Oddometer:
    calendar coming soon

[​IMG]