BAJA RALLY 2.0 - SEPTEMBER 24th-28th 2014

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Scotty Breauxman, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Scotty Breauxman

Scotty Breauxman Baja Breaux

Oddometer:
    An incomparable motorcycle adventure modeled after the world's greatest motorsport rally will test riders' navigation and endurance like never before in the state of Baja CA.
    [​IMG]

BAJA RALLY 2.0
    [​IMG]

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS FROM INAUGURAL BAJA RALLY
    <iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/78130345" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/78130345">BAJA RALLY: OFFICIAL HIGHLIGHTS</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user22235308">BAJA RALLY</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  2. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    subscribed. We'll see how the new year shakes down :D
  3. snowhawk jockey

snowhawk jockey Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer:
    The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
    Big Thumbs up from a fan and supporter! I hope the next edition is a exciting as the last. Go Scotty!
    :clap
  4. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  5. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    any new updates?????

[​IMG]
  6. Scotty Breauxman

Oddometer:
    Heres what we know so far:

Camping at least 3 of the 4 race nights in semi remote areas.
    Traveling food caravan will be moving around with the rally to provide meals in remote spot.

Longer sections with the same level of variety as BAJA RALLY 1 and longer overall distances traveled.

Early starts. Do to long days and liaison sections, days 2,3 and 4 will start pre daylight or close to it.

SPOT REQUIREMENTS:
    *new for BAJA RALLY 2.0 is the requirement for a SPOT set up day 1 month prior to pre rally inspection. ALL RIDERS will have to test their shared spot pages during a 2 day testing period in April. This will help us insure that we can locate any participant at any time during the stages.

Other than that I can't disclose anything else right now other than it is my personal mission to make sure the next event is the adventure of lifetime for all who participate. This is our cause and its a worthy one with a big payoff.
  7. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:

Thanks Scotty!!!
    I hope to have one of my sons enter this event if all works out !
    he likes to think he can beat this old man... We will just have to wait and see:eek1

This sound like it is going to be even better and that alone is going to be a ton of work !!!!!

Keep it going :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
  8. BAZZER450

BAZZER450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes this sounds like fun .. We have just enough time to get back from Cabo, wrench the bike a bit and do it again!
  9. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking the same way...
  10. Scotty Breauxman

Oddometer:
    All of the details are online now for your 2014 calendar planning.
    Registration opens this Sunday December 1st at midnight:
    *Fees go up after Jan 1

We're implementing some solid enhancements to our rider experience with improved safety & communications protocol as well as hosted meal catering.

We've placed several team mangers to oversee our mobile first aid, "moto-Medic" and sweep units, partnered with race communications pioneer Scott and Bob Steinberger from PCI Radios is Southern CA and were currently deciding on an enhanced tracking system to tie in with air-support.

We really wanted to step up the meal program and we're vetting between some bigger named chefs in the Ensenada and Valle De Guadalupe areas to oversee the project. We're basically looking at pastas and proteins with local vegetables prepared a little nicer than usual. I wouldn't be surprised if we were eating seasoned, grilled quail at least a few of the nights. We'll keep the kitchen open and flexible for 4 hours during dinner. Food service was something we learned from on our first event and we really want to make it more like the worlds best rallies.

The stages are going to be longer, better and more diverse terrain-wise. Basically twice as long as the Inaugural Baja Rally, twice as refreshing and original as well. The goal for our team is to get the rider experience closer to the look, feel and value of the DAKAR Rally and further from those aspects of the BAJA 1000, less whoops and less chaotic. With our relationships expanding and blossoming into stronger alliances, we have the ability to take a bikes-only rally where no other off road race has gone before in Baja CA.

I'm committed to making this rally twice as good as the first one in every department.
  11. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    Well said, Scotty! :freaky YOure saying all the right things :D Safety, food, and great tracks? Hahahahah. That is awesome.
  12. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ooohhh, gotta make sure I can field a support team quickly. This sounds great Scotty...
  13. 88NX250

88NX250 Team USA

Oddometer:
    I know of at least two riders from Washington who are 100% IN. Chomping at the bit to register (may have jumped the gun a bit already).

Registration opens in 48 minutes, see you in Baja.
  14. HalfFastMoto

HalfFastMoto bRad

Oddometer:
    :ear
  15. rburkat

rburkat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Signed up , payed up. I'm really excited in doing my first nav rally.

Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do for a bike for this thing. I have been doing everything on my 990r and going back to my RFS seems a step back as I feel like a 6'5" circus bear on a tricycle on that thing.
    Perhaps I might have to invest in a 690 to split the difference.
  16. MasterMarine

MasterMarine Long timer

Oddometer:
    PM sent. Let's talk. :ear
  17. Drmark350

Drmark350 n00b

Oddometer:
    Its possible some guns were jumped....but after all, it is a race. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ1xHmQgXDM
  18. guymanbro

guymanbro da Vermonster

Oddometer:
    It's too soon for me to commit to this, but if a couple of things pan out before the end of this year, I may have the funds available to actually make the start this time. . .

I fookin' hope so!!!
  19. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    How are entry's going???

I am waiting to see how my knee feels after this weekend !!!
  20. Scotty Breauxman

Oddometer:
    Solid!!! We have about 10 signed up and getting inquiries from all over the world. Its amazing the amount of interest the videos are generating and we have a ton of great surprises for participants across the board...

Early bird pricing affords some flexibility and portability that the standard entry (after Jan 1) doesn't. We expect at least a few more before the end of the year.

RALLY MANAGEMENT SERVICES IS STEPPING UP W PACKAGES

AND

Were proud to say that Freedom Rally will have international packages as well. One European team (French) has been in touch as well.

heres the bits on early registration and the benefits of it.
    http://www.bajarallymoto.com/registration.html