[ADVdepot] Globescout Panniers & Adventure Equipment, Official Thread

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by F800 Rob, Jan 31, 2013.

1. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Effective immediately, Motorcycle Insight will be importing the Globescout World Class panniers into North America. We believe these are the absolute best panniers made in the world today - bar none. Features include:
    • 1.5MM Thick Aluminum / Magnesium Alloy Construction
    • Natural & Anodized Black finishes
    • Double Gasket Lid System
    • Locking, Latching Compression Latch
    • Completely Detachable Mounting Bracket
    • 100% Bead-Blasted Metal Mounting Puck System (not plastic)
    • Removable, Replaceable Corners
    • High Quality, Low Cost Inner Bags
    • Inner Mesh Nets + Carry Handles Available
    Kits for the BMW R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure (using OEM racks), F800GS, F700GS, G650GS Single, Yamaha Super Tenere, Triumph Tiger 800 and Explorer, most KTMs, Honda NC700X and more will be arriving in April 2013. Pricing will start at $799 for the R1200GS Adventure Kit using the OEM racks and $1049 - $1099 for bikes that need racks.

Be the first to get updates, and receive a coupon for $100 off of one of the initial sets by subscribing to the GlobeScout Pannier newsletter on ADVDepot.com.

F800GS install video coming shortly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. shashankmittal

shashankmittal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This is excellent stuff, the build quality is amazing! I am still waiting for my bike to arrive, can't wait to install these!
    Thanks Bill for the great service! :clap
  3. madpuma13

madpuma13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Saving for later

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  4. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    A few rough photos from our video shoot. Yes, that is the big top box. Yes, a smaller one is available. :)

Also, if you have an R1200GS Adventure, we're looking for your help! Please PM me or give the shop a call - we're looking for a Beta Tester!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. shashankmittal

Oddometer:
    Nice! Did you get drilling instructions from Globescout or did you drill based on your measurements? When are you uploadng the video?
  6. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    Nothing from Globescout yet, but we documented drilling them - it's actually pretty easy. I expect to have the video edited and posted online later this week. (if you PM me, I'll give you the gist) We're finalizing our import plan now, and we're making every effort to offer these both drill to install and pre-drilled.
  7. shashankmittal

Oddometer:
    No hurry, I am waiting on BMW to ship me my bike from Germany, hopefully by the time it arrives you'll have official instructions and videos. My panniers are still stilling in the garage, can't wait to install them :(
  8. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    We've found our R1200GS tester! We have one final opening for someone with a 2013 F800GS. Please PM me or call the shop for more details.

Rob
  9. DirtReeper

DirtReeper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Need a KLR 650 tester? :evil :D :deal
  10. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Nice looking bags. They look like a lot of thought was put into the design.

From the looks of them the assembly is done using rivets, and I assume some kind of sealing adhesive. This looks like a reasonably stong design, and nice accessories too.

Do the bags come with the mounting hardware (not the mounts)?

Also, I assume these were available overseas previously, how long have they been out, and any links to reviews and crash survivability?

Thanks,

Jim :brow
  11. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    No, sir. We will have a kit for them though. :)

You're right, Jim. They are riveted together and sealed in the process.

They come with mounting hardware (pictures below) and we can get alternate hardware to allow installation onto Hepco and Becker, Touratech, Holan, or any other 16mm or 18mm tube setup.

[​IMG]

This is an updated, second generation design for 2013. The first generation were largely the same, but had different latching and sealing components. The surround under the pannier lid was plastic - that is now aluminum.

[​IMG]

The latch in the prior generation was something that was pretty much off the shelf. It's now something that has a considerable amount of thought behind it - and is different than anything else on the market. When it closes, it 'latches' securely in the closed position and compresses the seals together to keep water and dust out. The hook from the lid also keeps the lid attached to box itself when it's open on the other side. The best two latching systems on the market were on the Zega Pro and the R1200GS OEM panniers. This is different, and better than both, IMHO.

[​IMG]

The market for these bags prior was primarily in the Middle East, Brazil, and South Africa. Feedback that I've seen was very encouraging, with the primary issues revolving around the seal and latches, both which were addressed. We're also quite impressed with the manufacturer so far. Zero language barrier, accurate estimates on ship and in-transit times, packaging that is Apple level quality, and just overall super friendly. Having worked with a few not-so-good organizations in the past, they're really a breath of fresh air.

Does this help?
  12. madpuma13

madpuma13 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Crap you were looking for a gs tester?! I opened this up and loved the look of these would have been awesome to help bring these to market by testing em out for the masses

Maybe next time. Looking forward to getting a set of these

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  13. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    It does! Very thorough explanation of the old issues and new components. I really like the look, and I definitely like the latches and how they are "captired" so they can't be easily pried loose.

I'm pretty impressed. Looks like they will work easily with any tube type flat rack system.

Thanks for the info!

14. shashankmittal

Oddometer:
    Totally agree with what Rob has said, the build quality, latching mechanism is top notch! The packaging of every item was meticulously done. Can't wait to install these!

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics in incandescent lighting:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    nice panniers. you obviously used BMW, Trax & Touratech design cues, but it looks very well executed.
  16. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    We've able to announce that the first bulk shipment is expected around the end of March, perhaps early April depending on the ocean freight schedule. We *strongly* suggest that you sign up for the Globescout newsletter (on ADVDepot.com) to be alerted to when pre-ordering opens, and to get a $100 off coupon for a kit in the first shipment.

Two Globescout factory provided images of the kit designed to fit directly to the R1200GS Adventure OEM rack:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  17. canyonbrewer

canyonbrewer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Can these (ones posted tonite with exhaust cutout) be installed on a 1200gs? Read, not GSA?
  18. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    I would guess that they would, but only if you had the GSA mount! The standard GS uses a completely different mount from the factory.

19. canyonbrewer

canyonbrewer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2 questions this time:

1. will the adv mounts fit the standard 1200gs. Initial searches on the forums indicate yes, they will.

2. will this boxes fit the touratech mounts for the standard gs?

Thanks!

I joined the newsletter.

Jason
  20. F800 Rob

F800 Rob MotoInsight

Oddometer:
    1. Yes! If your motorcycle came with the mounting bits for the Vario, plastic cases, they would need to be removed first. Be warned though, the OEM mount is not inexpensive. Look here for the part numbers: http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=0480&mospid=52024&btnr=77_0141&hg=77&fg=42 Globescout does make an alternative, please call into the shop for details.

2. Yes! Just keep in mind that the kit designed for the OEM rack has a cutout, and TT ones do not. We also have kits that work with the Hepco Becker rack for the R1200GS as well, which have the added benefit of being able to quick discount when not in use.