motorcycle storage needed in Phoenix area

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by rockmyworld, Nov 11, 2010.

1. gbagen

gbagen Litigator

Oddometer:
    Now, you are making me nervous. Not very, though. In over 40 years of motorcycling, I have never been screwed by a fellow rider. My experiences, on both sides of the table, have been uniformly positive. It really is a brotherhood (personhood?).
  2. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    And Don will definitely not pop your cherry. I and other inmates here can vouch for him.
    BIG-E likes this.
  3. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    thanks for the vouch, cyberdos. i am a licensed contractor in arizona. licensed bonded and insured. served my country for 21 years. completely honest and forthright. i have references, if you'd like. :clap
    BIG-E likes this.
  4. gbagen

gbagen Litigator

Oddometer:
    I don't even know Don's full name, address or rap sheet (I'm a former prosecutor, so that counts), but I was without hesitation in entrusting my bike to him. Stuff like this is just what our community does for its own. Thank God and thank you, my friends.
  5. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    not too long ago there was a huge ride here to the infamous Coke Ovens. A rider who I'd never me (hell, I'd never even heard of him on the site before) PM'd me about riding out there with him. He told me he was going to be at his son's house in QC and thought it would be nice for us to join troops instead of going solo. Turns out his son lives about 2 miles from me so I told him to stop by my place and we'd load up my bike in his truck the night prior.

As I'm loading up my bike I start thinking in my head how crazy it was for me to be doing that with a total stranger of which I barely even remembered his first name. I even told him about it and we had a good laugh.

But that's the type of place this is. All went well and we are now buds.
    BIG-E likes this.
  6. seabee1

Oddometer:
    bike's all safe and sound in my shop, awaiting his arrival. now i've 3 bikes in my shop, only one of which is mine. i guess i'm a stopping point for wayward bikes.

:D
  7. gbagen

gbagen Litigator

Oddometer:
    Don, if the word gets out about the beer, you may have a shop full of resting bikes.
  8. seabee1

Oddometer:
    i know. it just really sucks having a micro brewery next door! :1drink

great location!
  9. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don, thanks for the loaner bike today. Had a blast! Don't worry, my dad's a tv repairman and has an awesome set of tools! He can fix it!
    Cheers! :evil
    BIG-E likes this.
  10. gbagen

gbagen Litigator

Oddometer:
    What is the name of the brewery?
  11. seabee1

Oddometer:
    sleepy dog brewery. they make an awesome wet snout stout. or a very tasty leg humper hefe. or....
  12. JR_

JR_ n00b

Oddometer:
    yes, this is my first post.. hey all.

i usually keep this bike in LA but we are going to ride in AZ the second week of june (flying home june 14) and i am looking for storage in the phoenix area (near the airport) for a couple of months after the ride.

looking at this facility. looks decent and is close to the airport.

A & S Storage Solutions
    2235 W 1st Street
    Tempe, AZ, 85281

5 x 10 for $35.20 per month

or this one:

Tempe Arizona Storage Inns
    1020 W. First Street
    Tempe, AZ 85281

any thoughts?

thanks..

btw.. luv the internet.. googled "motorcycle storage near phoenix" and this site came up

13. gbagen

gbagen Litigator

Oddometer:
    Don is an awesome friend and brother. He had my bike ready to roll, and even waited after hours at his shop when my flight was delayed (4 freakin hours). My confidence was well placed. Thank you, Don.
  14. seabee1

Oddometer:
    no problem, greg. i'm guessing you made it to colorado ok?

jr, i don't know those places personally, but it sounds like a good deal, and they are close to the airport. let me know if you need any assistance.

don
  15. gbagen

gbagen Litigator

Oddometer:
    Safe and sound. I didn't see a cloud until Pueblo, and not a drop of precip at all. The bike was sweet. I only turned on the heated jacket liner twice, for a half hour each. 40 MPG too. Better than the usual. I managed to do less than 300 miles of super slab out of the 900 miles.

Be well and prosper, my friend.

Greg
  16. JR_

JR_ n00b

Oddometer:

i can relate to this. i have three motorcycles and a scooter in my motorcycle garage while my bikes are in my gf's garage. :)

Hey Don, a clean, safe storage facility is all that i need. hopefully, drop the bike off and cab to the airport. heck, maybe i can plug it in too.

any other advice for early June touring, grand canyon, zion annd monument valley?

p.s. is this still you ? 602 451 8262, don

17. seabee1

Oddometer:
    p.s. is this still you ? 602 451 8262, don

..[/QUOTE]

yep. that's still me. give it a ring.
  18. Jick Magger

Jick Magger Exile on Main Street

Oddometer:
    Okanagan Valley BC, Canada/Scottsdale, Arizona
    I am in need of a storage facility near Phoenix airport. 5x10 ought to do it. My Gsa arrived today in Phoenix. Shipped down from up north. I will be there next week and require storage until spring. Obviously would rather pay a bit more to stay out of dodgy areas but for convenience an easy cab ride from airport and back would be the ticket. Any assistance would be appreciated. Also if there are any big bike friendly rides regularly scheduled I would love to be kept in the loop. Need some riders to lead my around the great state whenever I can get there for a visit. Thanks Jick
  19. seabee1

Oddometer:
    give me a ring if you need help with the storage thing, and as far as big bike rides, try this group. great folks.

http://www.azbeemers.org/
  20. gbagen

gbagen Litigator

Oddometer:
    I was going to contact Don (SeaBee) to ask him if I could give you his contact info, but he beat me to it. He picked up and stored my bike last year for a few months. Great guy and friend. When I offerred to take him and his wife to dinner as a thank you, any place they chose, they picked a family Mexican place that was way cheaper than I was willing to go. If he agrees to help you, you are in good hands..
    BIG-E likes this.