Riding Korea, a long unexpected ride :)

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Nik00117, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Nik00117

Nik00117 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    On Saturday afternoon me and 4 friends agreed that we were going do our traditional Sunday run (we are surronded by mountains have 4-5 ranges we ride away almost weekly takes us about an hr to do)

Well 4 of those friends decided to go get drunk last night...So I said fuck it and set out on my own.

I ride a Harley, I know many of you don't like Harley riders, well I respect (and actually admire) dual sports etc. The reason why I got a Harley is cause I sell them and I got good deals on them.

So there I am in my gear, with my bike and 4 text msgs saying "I'm too hungover to ride" and decided I'm going take a "short ride" where too? Well let's start off with the mountain...Now there is this girl who is from Chengdo that I'm starting to see and I see her home town sign and I go erm, let's go there. Then I see a really big mountain and I'm thinking "Let's go ride that!"

At the end of that I saw a sign and it said Pohang, I went "Hey that's the Pacific I can find a beach and take picture of my bike" so I rode

Here's the route I took (I didn't plan the route that's just how it happened)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Having issues posting the pictures, all of them area available here:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=47786&id=100000290582091&l=d04d5e5ebc

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Nice bike! Thanks for the link to your pics :thumb
  3. AeroEngineer

AeroEngineer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry for the bump, but I just stumbled upon this.

Nik, if you ever get back to Pohang, take the 929 (right past the airport/Marine base) out to Homigot and around the peninsula. It's a slightly twisty road with light traffic and follows the coastline. I wish I had the chance to bike it.

Nice RR, makes me miss Korea.
  4. achesley

achesley Old Motorcyclist

Oddometer:
    Nice bike and pictures. Thanks for sharing. It really don't matter about the bike. Just so you ride. :freaky
  5. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    Thats right,I wish I had a bike when I was In KOREA,we had to walk everywhere in the Infantry.
  6. BFMC Beaner

BFMC Beaner n00b

Oddometer:
    929 around to Holmiggot is nice. There's a local park out there with a wind turbine that you can stop at and see a huge hand sticking out of the ocean.
  7. docjsh

docjsh Desert Waylaid

Oddometer:
    Nice to see others posting here riding in Korea. I'm in Seoul and haven't ridden much in your area, but I'm looking forward to getting down to that area a bit this spring and summer.

If you're ever riding up near Seoul, let me know. It's always good to meet other riders in this area.
  8. MarkNC

MarkNC Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for sharing. Been over 20 years now since I was in pohang. I would love to make it back some day and see more of the country.
  9. Hot Stuff

Hot Stuff Road Dragon

Oddometer:
    Korea rider here too. I'll be doing a ride around the perimeter of South Korea at the end of April. Ride report to follow.
  10. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    I look forward to the report,dont forget,get lots of pics.