Trying out some new exciting positions!!!

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by grndzr0, Sep 15, 2011.

1. grndzr0

grndzr0 its Ground Zero

Oddometer:
    So I have done about 1700 miles in commuting in the last 6 days. It has been fun, but rough… The stock wind shield has been killing me… I have an airhawk for the seat... It has been pretty good, however, my lower back was killing me after a long days ride, especially after several long days… So I started experimenting with some new riding positions.

The first thing I tried was putting my feet on the passenger pegs… Wow what a deference.. Really nice, except it kinda crowds the boys a bit, but if I position the airhawk correctly, it can add some padding.

That has really helped with the lower back.

I also like to stand up while riding on the highway sometimes, however, the wind really pushes on me and I feel like im hanging on for dear life from the bars.

Solution… Passenger pegs again!! I tried standing up on the rear pegs and it is just enough forward lean to compensate for the wind pressure at highway speeds..

And third, today I was taking some back roads how from NE Montana, and was having the same wind issue on the gravel… Blasting me in the chest at 60 mph, so I tried both feet on back pegs… way to sketch, then I tried my right foot on the back, and left on the front for shifting, and that worked really well, except my right leg got really tired.

Anybody have any other crazy positions they have tried and would like to share??

Ryan
  2. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    in the butt, Bob.:clap
  3. davidadv1

davidadv1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    your legs on the crash bars, if you have them :D
    standing up and leaning toward to screen...you dont feel the wind and your'e straching your back..
    safe riding :freaky
  4. tkent02

tkent02 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Feet on the rear pegs, lay down on the tank, helmet resting on the handlebars, pin the throttle and listen to the mechanical symphony of the engine transmitted through the helmet with no wind noise at all.
  5. Gangplank

Gangplank Advenchaintourer

Oddometer:
  6. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    PHP:
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4XM5hbS7GlU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4XM5hbS7GlU?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  7. BluWolf

BluWolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I do the legs ont he crash bars a lot. Has anyone seen a decent set of "highway-pegs" for crash bars?