Your best "old Structure" pic

Discussion in 'Photos' started by EbarDP48, Mar 30, 2006.

1. oisterska

oisterska d00b

Oddometer:
    Elkhorn, MT.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pigeon Mtn Tunnel of the old TAG (Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia) Line. Located in NW GA.

North Entrance:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

South Entrance:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a couple of shots inbetween..............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fido:norton
  3. Mudclod

Mudclod Mojo Moto

Oddometer:
    That's spooky! Did you ride through?
  4. phideaux

phideaux Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nupe....I did walk through though. I do believe one COULD ride through it. I wouldn't on the GS but would not have a problem trying to get my KLR in there, but I would not do it alone.. The north entrance was flooded....I was able to trudge through it with out the water coming over the top of my mx style boots. Lots of large submerged rocks for the first 25 yards, but then it leveled out pretty good.
    The tunnel is about a half mile long and curved so you can't see from one end to the other. The south entrance is on private property.

Fido:norton
  5. dcparks

dcparks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    First Bute fire tower

[​IMG]

and cabin for forest service staff

[​IMG]
  6. Mudclod

Mudclod Mojo Moto

Oddometer:
  7. motocopter

motocopter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think this is Highway 1533 or 234 in KY heading east towards Gainesville.

[​IMG]
  8. Mudclod

Mudclod Mojo Moto

Oddometer:
  9. bmwhacker

bmwhacker Still on 3 wheels

Oddometer:
    Passed this old structure in the desert today.
    Not sure what is was going to be but appears the builder ran out of time ...or rocks?

Nothing like off-roading on an OldWing.

[​IMG]
  10. NellieDriver

NellieDriver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Somewhere in the Black Forest
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Nelliedriver
  11. M.S.R.

M.S.R. The Tenere Rider

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Chief Blackhawk ran a store in this building and was murdered in this building by two thugs that came down the Des Moines river that is right behind me here.
    This is local info not the web version.
    [​IMG]
    This is his original grave but I think the Indians moved him back up to Wisconsin somewhere.
    [​IMG]
    Marker
  12. fullmetalscooter

fullmetalscooter Let me take this duck off

Oddometer:
    Last days http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hawk_(Sauk_leader)

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Putative Black Hawk grave at Iowaville Cemetery. There are conflicting accounts about what happened to his remains.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Black Hawk Memorial Plaque at Iowaville Cemetery.

After his tour of the east, Black Hawk lived with the Sauk along the Iowa River and later the Des Moines River near Iowaville<sup id="cite_ref-37" class="reference">[37]</sup> in what is now southeast Iowa. At the end of his life he attempted reconciliation with both the whites he had fought and with his Sauk rivals, including Keokuk.
    It has pleased the Great Spirit that I am here today— I have eaten with my white friends. The earth is our mother— we are now on it, with the Great spirit above us; it is good. I hope we are all friends here. A few winters ago I was fighting against you. I did wrong, perhaps, but that is past—it is buried—let it be forgotten. Rock River was a beautiful country. I liked my towns, my cornfields and the home of my people. I fought for it. It is now yours. Keep it as we did— it will produce you good crops.
    I thank the Great Spirit that I am now friendly with my white brethren. We are here together, we have eaten together; we are friends; it is his wish and mine. I thank you for your friendship.
    I was once a great warrior; I am now poor. Keokuk has been the cause of my present situation; but I do not attach blame to him. I am now old. I have looked upon the Mississippi since I have been a child. I love the great river. I have dwelt upon its banks from the time I was an infant. I look upon it now. I shake hands with you, and as it is my wish, I hope you are my friends.
    —--Address by Black Hawk, July 4, 1838, at Fort Madison.<sup id="cite_ref-38" class="reference">[38]</sup>
    Black Hawk died on October 3, 1838 after two weeks of illness, and was buried on the farm of his friend James Jordan on the north bank of the Des Moines River in Davis County.
    In July 1839, his remains were stolen by James Turner, who prepared his skeleton for exhibition. Black Hawk’s sons Nashashuk and Gamesett went to Governor Robert Lucas of Iowa Territory, who used his influence to bring the bones to security in his offices in Burlington. With the permission of Black Hawk's sons, the remains were held by the Burlington Geological and Historical Society. When the Society's building burned down in 1855, Black Hawk’s remains were destroyed.<sup id="cite_ref-davlibrary_39-0" class="reference">[39]</sup>
    An alternative story is that Lucas passed Black Hawk's bones to a Burlington physician, Enos Lowe, who left them to his partner, Dr. McLaurens. Eventually workers found the bones left by McLaurens after he moved to California. They buried the remains in a potter's grave in Aspen Grove Cemetery in Burlington.<sup id="cite_ref-nyt_40-0" class="reference">[40]</sup>
  13. EVLED

EVLED Bike riding nutter!

Oddometer:
    Rangiwahia, NZ, a few hours ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Tim

Tim Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fort Grey (AKA The Cup and Saucer) pre 1680.

[​IMG]
  15. Pipo Zaro

Pipo Zaro Carpe Diem

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,

Best wishes from Atacama Desert and some pics.

Old Administrative House, in a lost mine in Quebrada de Garín, Copiapó, Atacama Desert, Chile.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. Thumpercrazee

Thumpercrazee Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't put a date on the building but it's been a long time since biscuits were .05 cents...
    It's located in the French Quarter of New Orleans.
    [​IMG]

TC:D
  17. spikerjack 46

spikerjack 46 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Coleraine, North part of the Emerald Isle
  18. Mudclod

Mudclod Mojo Moto

Oddometer:
    Old Mason Compound. [​IMG] [​IMG]
  19. LoneTraveler

LoneTraveler Captain Zoomtastic

Oddometer:
    The Castello Sforzesco, built between 1450 and the early 1500s. One of the largest citadels in Europe. I was living in Paris in 2007, and drove a rental to Milan to visit some family and check out the city's history (some of my family came from here in the early 1900s.)

[​IMG]
  20. mellowdave

mellowdave Красное октябрь Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ive been here, out near Brownwood right?