NEOhio ADV & TAG!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by SlipChip, Sep 11, 2007.

1. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    Who's riding motorcycles tomorrow?
  2. Moparmanpete

Moparmanpete The Cracken has risen!...maybe? NOPE

Oddometer:
    :ricky OH yeah!
  3. hateithere

hateithere anytime now

Oddometer:
    Me, to work:waysad
  4. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    I quit until Monday. Probably not me on riding. If it's warm it's a garage day.
  5. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    Pedaling, Mohican, 10:00 am start time. Could be a big group
  6. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    I may have to borrow one of these pedal powered contraptions someday and try this.
  7. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Gotta watch my son today, but thanks for posting up. I really want to ride that place this year.
  8. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Mohican is awesome, 26 miles, no asphalt except 50 yards to cross the river, 3,000+ feet of climbing. Only a mile of 2 track.

I'm so out of shape, it took 1/2 hour longer than normal, 3:51

PT, let me know when you're ready.

MR, I can meet you at quail hollow near hartville, great rookie course, never more than2 miles from the truck, I'll bring you a bike. Maybe junior and I can ride the mountain tandem. Pending instead, you can ride the Proflex Animal or wife's ti raliegh.
  9. S2P

S2P Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mohican sounds awesome,but there is no way I could do it now. I did pedal 6 miles and got rubber legs and tingly man parts , the lungs and heart part seem to keep up fine.Hey its a start and hopefully I can continue to work at it and get back in shape and lose a bunch of weight this year.
  10. mgorman

Oddometer:
    ride as much as you can, even burn laps at Quail Hollow, 4 mile loop
  11. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Sounds great! I need to get back into pedaling shape. Yesterday was the first time in probably 6-8 weeks since I last rode the mtn bike. I just went down to Beaver Creek SP, since it was getting late by the time my wife got home from work. It was pretty wet in a few spots, to the point I had to dismount and carry so I didn't tear up the trail. It still felt good to get out though. How were the trail conditions at Mohican yesterday?

I rode the 250XC a couple hours at Mines and Meadows after work Friday. Interesting mix of frozen ground in the shade, and slimy mud in the exposed areas. I think I got the jetting pretty sorted out now.
  12. mgorman

Oddometer:
    Mohican was mostly frozen with very few damp spots, our bikes were pretty clean. Had to dismount on 2 switchbacks due to lack of power and one hill because I fail at it 50% of the time anyhow. It has very little run at it, rocks and roots everywhere but when you get to the top, the view off the cliff is pretty spectacular.

It's been a good 10 years since I rode at Beaver Creek. Viktoria, my father and I used to ride there a good amount in the 90's

Just sent a friend an email telling him I was craving a 250XC! I wish I hadn't ridden your bike. I still would like to ride a 350XCF again before I do anything rash that costs me money!
  13. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    You guys motivated me to start peddling again. Really need it too. Been working on the Jamis, it's ready to roll. It may be a little while until I am ready to join you on the trails, but that is the goal.
  14. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    I've got a giant Acapulco that needs some work. Old steel frame beast.
  15. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    I think you would really enjoy Brady's Run. It's only about 30 minutes from my house. I got a loop that's about 13-14 miles long, about 2500 feet of elevation gain, and pretty much all single track except for a couple short transfer sections.

I'm loving this 250 so far. Great bike, and better than my '04 250exc in so many ways.
  16. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone going to the IX center this coming weekend? How about free tickets? :wink: I'll trade you 2013 mid-ohio tickets.....
  17. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    I am going for sure.
  18. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    We riding?

Did anyone head to the boat show this weekend at the IX center? I'm thinking of heading there tomorrow.
  19. ThomasVolomitz

Oddometer:
    Just have to keep an eye on this.
    [​IMG]
  20. Jon

Jon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My plan is to take my better half up to see what bikes she is comfortable on. Since she doesn't like to be my pillion when it's less than 50 out I doubt I'll be riding.