For Winnipeg and the surrounding area!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by BOBMUNZ, Jun 6, 2009.

1. rugbyrtcwka

rugbyrtcwka railroader

Oddometer:
    My career is curently in transition and I have no idea what the future holds for me at this point. Once all the dust settles I might be starting up a small shed/deck/fence company. If that happens I'll let you know in case you want to aquire my services.
  2. SoSlow

SoSlow Having fun

Oddometer:
    I always wondered how those blue and bright white lights passed muster. Sure, seeing farther or looking cooler is great, but I wouldn't really like the idea of blinding everyone who's coming at me.:eek1
  3. humvee

humvee Long timer

Oddometer:

I got this one (brake light only). Blinks a few times, then goes solid. It's bright and works well. :eek1

http://www.razorsedgesoft.com/klr/klr650.htm

Apparently there is a switch inside to make it solid-only (no blink) if the po-po ever give me a hassle. I've ridden 1.6 seasons with it without an issue.

EDIT: very long thread and the 1-man-show manufacturer here, as well as many happy buyers.

http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86280
  4. Eastbayview

Eastbayview Ride On

Oddometer:
    If you follow a fire truck you'll see the LED brake lights blink a number of times before going solid. They must see that it is a benefit the same as it would be for the add-on LED light for a bike.
  5. ddeitz

ddeitz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't understand how 130kph on a perfectly flat, straight, divided highway with clear lines of sight on each side of the highway for sometimes miles, and almost traffic free can be considered anything but a reasonable speed. Oh well, just gives me more reason to find even more less traveled roads I guess, although wish I was able to speed my 100km commute up a bit :ear
  6. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:

When I had my KLR, I had the Happy Trails 7" boxes on the sides and a rather large box on the top. They were are coated black...I really liked them, waterproof and tuff. Dropped the bike on them several times and the boxes and the rack held up. Only thing I might have changed on them would be to get them with the keyed locks instead of having 5 padlocks hanging of them and I might have gone for the lower profile top box. I taped up the locks so they wouldn't mark the boxes.

I later ran with two waterproof bags for tent and such on top of the side boxes instead of piling gear high...seemed to work better
    [​IMG]
  7. KamikazeKLR

KamikazeKLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That is pretty high eh... Yeah I don't think I'm gonna get a top box.
  8. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Mel, check out Loop Bags, as an option.

Piled high KLRs are pretty tippy. I know, I have been under one and got a good close up of the luggage from the underside !!!
  9. rugbyrtcwka

rugbyrtcwka railroader

Oddometer:
    One new kitchen + one case of Heineken = ability to store bike in house :lol3
  10. gslf

gslf Everything Wheels

Oddometer:
  11. BackRoader

BackRoader Life Is A Hiway, Ride It.

Oddometer:
    Florian, your bike looks pretty fat and happy in the kitchen, but does she clean and do the laundry too???
  12. gslf

gslf Everything Wheels

Oddometer:
    She does nothing, useless:cry, just wants to get pampered that stupid cow (GummiKUH):D.
  13. Mark-II

Mark-II Turn The Gas On

Oddometer:
    Walmart tank bag looks pretty decent... (I'm not online much lately, hence the tardy).

I did bump in to Jing today, though, which was quite the surprise for us both, I think :D
  14. silencejinn

silencejinn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    oh for sure. You must be standing beside me for at least 5 mins and I was thinking this guy just keep pushing me over and over and over, what is he looking for. Actually, I looked at you once and didn't realize that was you because of the mustache.
    So, did you find the stuff you are looking for today?
  15. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Long timer

Oddometer:
    Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
    Bought some nice used KLR parts off a great guy in Portage yesterday (Thnx Rick!). Spent the morning decarboning and polishing up this nice head. Cam bearing journals are in great shape. Supposedly it came off a low mileage write-off. Got the bottom end too - it's somewhere between a 2000 to 2006 vintage. It was dropped during shipping unfortunately, so RH case is missing a little chunk. Am tempted to buy a RH case and all the odds and sods I need to build up a complete 2nd engine... this head is missing cams - hmmm, hot cams anyone? :evil

My spare cylinder is at the machine shop right now getting bored & honed for the 685 kit. Am hoping to have a little more oomph for highway cruising this next summer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: I carried on working on the head this afternoon and decarboned the exhaust port and mildly ported it. I'm fairly handy with a Dremel, and actually kind of enjoyed doing this. I left the intake port alone - the stock intake porting is pretty nice actually, and hard to improve on, unlike the exhaust.

[​IMG]
  16. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    Although Danny Delorme was not a member of ADV he was very well known in Winnipeg bike culture. He fell victom to cancer, was diagnosed on Monday and passed away this weekend. Danny was 57 years young.

He was a local bike builder and a fixture at main street Tim Hortons and Canad Inns Regent show and shines. He would ride with anyone regardles of brand or motorcycle type. He was always willing to offer advice or help on any custom build or bike problem regardless of make or model.

He loved to ride. Danny will be missed by many a rider.

Ride in Peace my friend.
  17. KamikazeKLR

KamikazeKLR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully selling my panniers tonight... everybody keep your fingers crossed!
  18. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:
    Too young! That sucks! Make time to do what you love doing...cause ya never know when your time's up. R.I.P.
  19. GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth Long timer

Oddometer:
    Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
    Sorry to hear of this Jim. RIP. Life isn't fair for sure. Hearing things like this, always makes me realize the importance of being grateful for the time granted, and to try to savour each and every day.
  20. Mark-II

Mark-II Turn The Gas On

Oddometer:

:lol3 Honestly I only twigged and looked up when I heard you speaking. I was distracted by all of the shiny stuff. I did get what I needed and left behind most of what I merely wanted (and found most of that used later on for less). It was a good day and I spent far too much money.