What Did You Do To Your KTM Today?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by DeeGee, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Dirt2007

Dirt2007 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think he was supposed to be on that side of the road. See the little mile/km marker sign?

2. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    You have potential!
  3. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
  4. ZeZeZoom

ZeZeZoom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    7 tip overs in one day?:eek1
    Are you certain the gas fumes are not disturbing you?:lol3:rofl
    Well, provided you keep your sense of humour intact, it's all good. I just hope your bike is also intact.
    Being able to endure all those tip overs and then describe them in a forum in your first post certainly deserves my compliments.:clap
  5. ZeZeZoom

ZeZeZoom Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My rear tire has no chicken stripe (well, maybe a very thin one). My front tire has a chicken stripe about 1,5 centimeter wide...and I can't even imagine how much more should I lean to eliminate it like you did!:eek1
    All things considered, ignorance is a bliss: I don't mind ignoring the limits of my bike's front Conti Trail Attack2.:evil:D
  6. Gimme 2

Oddometer:
    no was'nt cutting the cnr, just off with the pixes and did'nt look at the repair cut in the road , it just drops off ...look for the black line.
    Im fine thanks , the bike is a bit different:cry frame is dented from the crash bars, and rear is pretty damaged.
  7. Piston

Piston Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well, if you don't push the limits, you'll never know where they are. :D

At least now you know the limits. Glad your alright and hope the bike is back on the road soon.
  8. Gimme 2

Oddometer:
    Yep i certainly do...said like a true champion. here is a pic of the left hand side crash side, the side wall marks go around once and then some:lol3[​IMG]
  9. ericGSsti

ericGSsti Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Shitty road repairs strike again. Glad your alright though.
  10. RumRunner

RumRunner Sit there, turn that

Oddometer:
    So you decide to use a public road as your personal race track, you come here to show off your heat cycled tires pushed to the edge and you show where you lost it because of road repairs?

You'll get no respect from me. Thank goodness the only damage is to your pride and your bike, not some innocent family on an outing and having a lunatic smashing into them.

DW
  11. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    What pressure have you got in those? that happened to me once, but the tire pressure was so low the tire would deform and showed that kind of side wall contact.
  12. painterdude

painterdude ride far

Oddometer:
    Dunno if he was speeding as my tires on the F800 adventure I rode this summer looked exactly like that . Had zero CStips after 5000 klm running and I do not speed ..well not mostly ..lol

Any corner can catch you ..especially if it has those kind of ruts. Running a 21 incher up front doesn't help cornering either. (Standard though may not have made it either)
    The moral here is you have to be 100% fully aware of the road as you roll..It will bite you hard if you don't.
    Glad you are alright and you didn't hit anyone else!!
  13. guns&coffee

guns&coffee Long timer

Oddometer:
    So it's taken a few days, but the 300 is finally race ready. FMF system, P3 carbon guards, Enduro Engineering handguards, a Rekluse LHRB and a few other little things. Awesome bike! Amazing in the woods, especially on tight single track. The more gnarly the terrain the better it does. The LHRB is sweeeet. The only thing I plan to do is install a ribbed seat cover. It is unbelievably explosive right off of idle. I can lock the rear wheel, never touch the clutch, whip it around a tree and punch it. :clap
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Gimme 2

Oddometer:
    Pressures were fine, a guy crashed in front of me about 5 minutes before and it was all that was going thru my mind when i crashed. i was'nt concentrating and would normally have avoided that repair, no problem.
    Not asking for respect or bitching about the roads , i am the last person for that.
    just posting to show were the limit is on this front tyre , and i was over it, it took me to crash to realise it , the road patch just helped a little.
    i was lucky, yeah im fully aware of that. im posting to help .
  15. JK1

JK1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    LoL really I ride my 950 on the edge which, does not really need fast speed for that. Just loving the sweeping bends. Although I have a 19/17 setup for on road and the chicken strips on the front i cant seem do away with on then 19/17 setup.

Edit: People push these LC8's every day, don't have to be a cager to enjoin the limits.
  16. Getitdirty

Getitdirty Ride Bosnia

Oddometer:
    Put some miles on it before winter. Bosnia to Montenegro today. Albania tomorrow.

Update: Almost 1,600 kms over 6 days through Montenegro and Albania. Great fun. Albanian roads are improving. Sadly driving and other road use behaviors are not. Anyways, keeps you alert when having to dodge horse and carts, donkeys, goats, and on 2 occasions about 100 turkeys, and a few cows.

Stunning coast line and highly recommended. Was lucky with the weather to squeeze in a decent ride before it gets too cold and wet.
  17. rokdktr

rokdktr Adventure North

Oddometer:
    Wave as you ride through Fier! I'm working on the 3rd closest drilling rig beside the highway in Marinza! Lol! :D
  18. Masso75

Masso75 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ride into the fog......very adventure ride....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  19. Dr LC8

Dr LC8 ...soon or later

Oddometer:
    Masso,

Where is that place?

Nicola
  20. Masso75

Masso75 Been here awhile