Motorcycle-friendly hotels, inns? Please post your favorites!

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by rdwalker, May 11, 2012.

1. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hopefully there will be a new moto only B & B in Newfoundland within the next year. 4 rooms and tent space:D
  2. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. SONG

SONG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    yes, MANY excellent roads around there, but that's the case with most of WV. :D
  4. rdwalker

rdwalker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Resurrecting a dormant thread...

While participating in the Berkshires Adventure Ride a few weeks back, I had the opportunity to stay in the New Boston Inn in Sandisfield, Mass.

It's a great moto-friendly location - they actually host some destination rides.

The inn has 9 rooms, appropriately oldish, but sparkling clean. A big dining room serves excellent food. The real gem is the bar: cozy and fairly small, let's you make instant friends with fellow drinkers. Nothing like coming back from a fun ride in the Berkshires, kicking off the boots and enjoying drinks, swapping tall stories.

The only negatives were that in season the rooms fill up fast and that Wi-Fi was not operational.

Contact & location:
    New Boston Inn, www.newbostoninn.com
    413-258-4477
    101 North Main St., Sandisfield MA 01255
  5. rdwalker

Oddometer:
    I was doing a late-season loop of New England last fall. Trying to avoid dark-night frostbite and black ice, I stopped for the night at the Indian Head Resort.

It may be a bit formulaic family vacation "resort": big place, lots of kids, buses of senior citizen.
    However: comfortable, modern rooms. Powerful heaters for when you are frozen solid. Restaurant on premises. Nice bar with entertainment (weekends off season, nightly in season). Good Wi-Fi. Very convenient for a rider. Great riding roads in the area, especially off-season when hordes of pirates do not clog NH roads that much anymore.

Contact & location:
    Indian Head Resort
    664 US Route 3
    Lincoln NH 03251
    (800) 343-8000 US & Canada
    http://indianheadresort.com/
  6. rdwalker

Oddometer:
    Hi, all,

I updated the Original Post with info from the two posts above.

Do you have your own suggestions? Please contribute - post a reply note and I'll add to the running list.

Thanks, Robert.
  7. KGBz

KGBz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ox-Yoke inn in Galeton is closed. They stayed open for BYOB in 2014, then closed in 15.