Epic RTW Movie in the making

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Open-Explorers, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Open-Explorers

Open-Explorers Daniel R.

Oddometer:
    Hi fellow bikers and travellers,

I just wanted to share this MOVIE project with you. Let me know what you think. – A dreamer rides around the world on a motorcycle, surviving on the money he makes on the way, until he finds what he wasn’t even looking for. – War zone borders, engine trouble and the difficulties of making money to survive couldn’t outweigh the thrill of adventure and discovery I encountered while motorcycling around the world for two and a half years. As a filmmaker, naturally, I documented everything and are determined to make a movie about it. Here is the trailer and some movie excerpts. I'd be interested in whether you would wanna watch it.

www.indiegogo.com/210

Cheers,
    Dan
  2. XDragRacer

XDragRacer Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Most promising!

Outstanding visual quality and production values.

I'd welcome the opportunity to view a RTW motorcycle film without the cachet of celebrity. Nothing against the antics of the rich-and-famous, but to me, celebrity and its attendant arrogance sometimes gets in the way of the content of the journey and its own experience.

Best wishes for a succeswsful film project!
  3. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    I am really looking forward to seeing this!

Noah
  4. Fishenough

Fishenough Team Lurker

Oddometer:
    Looks great! In.

So many years overseas, and plenty of traveling over the last twenty plus years, just plain not interested in the 'filling in the well known check marks' travel reports, etc, anymore. It's the living and experiencing another country that really just simply, in that mind expanding kinda way, teaches you something. Took to long to discover that passing through a country and only seeing the recommend spots, ah well you might as well do a virtual computer tour with out leaving home. (Tip; leave your Lonely Planet at home) Your experiences sound very very interesting, AND inspiring!!

:clap:clap:clap
  5. Open-Explorers

Open-Explorers Daniel R.

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, thank you so much for your comments. I really appreciate your openess and honesty about this. Your encouraging words give me a new boost to keep it up and finish this film. It has been a long way up until here, but the light at the end of the tunnel is in sight.

I'm only in this because I found the experiences so transforming, so I feel compelled to share what I've learnt for others to benefit from. Any comments on how to further draw attention to the campaign so our small team can reach the funding goal will be very much appreciated.

[​IMG]
  6. scooterGdawg

scooterGdawg Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    looks awesome........can't wait to see the film :clap
  7. jetjackson

jetjackson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quality of the footage looks really good, and I like that you are really open and honest about where the money is going on the indiegogo campaign.

What camera did you film it all with?

How did you go with the whole trouble of trying to film and be in the film at the same time?
  8. Open-Explorers

Open-Explorers Daniel R.

Oddometer:
    @jetjackson

I went through several cameras over the time. But for the most part I used the Canon 5DmkII, which delivers a great quality footage, but is not as easy to handle as most film/video cameras. It helps if you use a small rig and followfocus for ease of use.
    Sometimes I put the camera on a tripod and rode through the frame, sometimes I just gave it to a stranger (who could potentially run less fast as me) and asked to just operate it. Good fun:)
  9. Mr Pif

Mr Pif Adventurer

Oddometer:
    extremely interesting effort.looking forward!
    :lurk

you should felt very strange as seeing little children's faces full of smile and happyness when they opened your gifts (05.06),didn't u? awsome!
  10. Open-Explorers

Open-Explorers Daniel R.

Oddometer:
    @ Mr Pif
    Yeah, that was one of the highlights of the journey. Something I will never forget.
  11. Mr Pif

Mr Pif Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  12. jetjackson

jetjackson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great stuff mate, footage shows a lot of effort. I know you have the overheat issues with the mk2, and that can be painful to deal with. I'm going for the upgrade when I get back, not sure if I should get the mk3 or the new blackmagic camera.

I did a lot of drive by stuff myself for video blogs, and have really fallen for this filming thing, i love it, would be hard to had over an mk2 to someone else to film though. As soon as I get home and cashflow positive I will be putting my name down for one of your dvd's.
  13. Open-Explorers

Open-Explorers Daniel R.

Oddometer:
    Really appreciate this! Guys like you make indie productions like this possible. I'll continue to pour my heart into making this. Thanks jetjackson.
  14. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Turn this into a ride report. Lets see pics. Hear stories. Shoot the sh!t. :freaky
    From what I have learned, there are so many people on there that are very willing to help a fellow traveler out. Unfortunately many people will never be able to do a trip like this so they want to live through you. Give them a taste of the journey with photos and I am sure you will get many inmates hooked and waiting on the edge of their seats for more. You might be surprised by the contacts you get.
  15. aviatorbdm

aviatorbdm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well done trailer... caught my attention.
  16. chris98vf

chris98vf XL Enthusiast

Oddometer:
    I just came here to post this, Kris is an old classmate of mine from the ol' military school days. I ordered my Blu-Ray and CAN'T WAIT to see all you've done. I'm letting all my other riding buddies know about this one. Best of luck!
  17. lkoncor

lkoncor Adventurer

Oddometer:
    just donated the movie plus post card

Good luck :clap
  18. wrecked'em

wrecked'em satisfied enzyte user

Oddometer:
    looks really good. id love to see it.
    hope you win some awards also.
    keep us posted.
  19. enumclaw

enumclaw I just....don't know

Oddometer:
    Looks utterly fantastic! I will be contributing to your cause, anxious to check out the dvd. :thumb
  20. gr8grins

gr8grins Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow! This looks to be a great documentary and I agree with your philosophy that the more we all know about other cultures the better humans we all are.
    When do you anticipate completing the movie? I would like to purchase a blue ray when they are ready.
    Thank you,
    Grins