No Fumar Español: South from San Diego

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by crashmaster, Aug 31, 2009.

1. BeachGuy

BeachGuy Lost in paradise!

Oddometer:
    Vincent, your words about posting videos could not express my thoughts any better. My little pissy ride in comparison to your is nothing and I'm going nuts trying to upload my videos. However I'm sitting in my own house and I have to spend at least one day per vidio trying to edit and then render it to a codec which will be accepted by You Tube or like you Smugmug. Once that's done, then wait forever for it to upload to the server. If it does, hopefully the first time.

I feel your pain, but we your public do enjoy your videos. If you hault the videos at least keep up the photos, no excuses there buddy.
  2. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    according to google translate camino sinuoso means winding road.

those should be the first spanish words a motorcyclist should learn

count me as another who appreciates the time and effort you put into the videos. having compressed a few dvds to cd size in my time, I know how long that shit can take. also, thanks for turning me on to the Stone Roses in one of your previous vids...thats a killer song...got me to look up more of their stuff. I dig em...mostly the stuff from Second Coming.

keep on keepin on, brother...
  3. Baldone1

Baldone1 I like It Dirty

Oddometer:

To edit and upload one 5 minute video takes all day and most folks dont seem to care for them anyway. So this will probably be the last one for a while, unless I happen to be extremely bored somewhere. :lol3

Dude, give yourself a shake! At this point your videos are the only thing keeping me alive!! It's a year almost to the day that we sampled tequila and tipped a few wobbly pops with Arno and Jeff in San Cristobal and you are still on the road!! It is your lot in life to post videos for the less fortunate that are left behind! Keep up the good work buddy!!:clap

<object height="360" width="640">

<embed src="https://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2010102501.swf" flashvars="s=ZT0xJmk9MTA5OTE0NDUwNCZrPXdxRFdnJmE9MTI0NDM4MDRfQkJBRXImdT1jcmFzaG1hc3Rlcg==" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="360" width="640"></object>[/quote]
  4. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    Google translate is wrong. It means really fun road, as does "curvas peligrosas." :lol3

OK,OK, I'll keep doing videos. :D Gracias
  5. SkizzMan

SkizzMan Me caigo, me levanto

Oddometer:
    http://<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T575Pbo4eWM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T575Pbo4eWM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
  6. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    I headed south out of Santiago on the highway to the lake district. Highway miles are a rarity for me. But, I got a big kick out of this sign I saw on the way down. Their claim to fame is that W didnt study there. Poor old W cant get a break anywhere. :lol3

[​IMG]

In Temuco, I met up with Rob, a gringo loco on a Road King. He rides the piss out of that Harley and its great to see someone doing big trips on a Road King. A total crack up that Rob is. Wait, where is his doo rag? He's wearing a real helmet and riding gear too? He must be a poser. :scratch

[​IMG]

Yup, I knew there was something not quite right about Rob when I met him, so I liked him immediately. :thumb He is not afraid to ride that bike across the altiplano of Bolivia.

[​IMG]

The one time that someone witnessed me behind a Harley. Careful, that madman driving the KTM is closer than he appears.

[​IMG]

Rob and I decided that we would ride together for a while. We hit the Chilean lake district on the way to Bariloche.

[​IMG]

The odd couple. You dont see these types of bikes riding together too often.

[​IMG]

Moo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beautiful lakes. Well, it is called the lake district.

[​IMG]

I still think he needs doo rag and a German helmet. :rofl

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rob was tired.

[​IMG]

We entered Argentina at this small crossing.

[​IMG]

Dammit, I'm u'merican, lemme in! :lol3

[​IMG]

So lemme get this straight. I need to take one of these out of Argentina? :rofl

[​IMG]

......and we headed toward Bariloche.

[​IMG]

Well, I'm all cought up now. Guess I need to go ride and get some more material. Saludos.
    PoviBike, ONandOFF and bpc like this.
  7. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    The pics of KTM and Harley together are great, now all I have to do is decide which one to nominate for front page.:scratch :D
  8. misery goat

misery goat Positating the negative Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    I miss that CA rain. :lol3

Jeebus, I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't manage a travel calendar. :rofl
  9. Supergringo

Supergringo Hablar, bla bla bla.

Oddometer:
    Dammit Vinnie, what am I supposed to watch at work now?
  10. Mission1

Mission1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Once again you suck! And that Harley rider..uh Rob..yep you suck too! :rofl Safe travels to you both. Wow.. what a ride!
  11. SkizzMan

SkizzMan Me caigo, me levanto

Oddometer:
    Just take care you don't end up with one of these:
    [​IMG]
  12. NCMX1

NCMX1 The Yeti

Oddometer:
    Uncle Vinnie!

We missed you on our annual trip this year... Give me a shout when you are on Skype. Looks like the time of your life!

Ben
  13. prsdrat

prsdrat Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dang Vinnie, I'm sorry it takes you a day to load one of your vids. But
    as an unemployed road-bum, what else have you to do but enjoy yourself?
    So, let me say that personally, I don't care how long it takes you.............
    keep them coming!

And THANKS.

It's almost raining here in SD. The weather during the Baja Mille was
    beautiful on the Sea of Cortez side.
  14. NA2SA

NA2SA Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Vinnie,

don't stop making videos man!! the one from Bolivia made me shed a couple of tears...:cry
    I want to go so badly it got me all emotional man...keep the videos coming:clap
    To guys like me, who haven't done it yet, that's where it's at...the words, pics and videos is the cosest we'll ever be to doing the trip....until we go on our own.

Thanks for taking the time to make them!

na2sa
  15. SparkyL

SparkyL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Crashy;

I've been lurking and following for a while.

What a freakin' epic RR! You put the V in vicarious. I'm with the Keep Doing Videos crowd; they're great. :clap
    I ride a Road King, so when I saw your pics with Rob I got all emotional. Enjoy the trip. We are!

Dave
  16. marior97

marior97 marior97

Oddometer:
    Vicente: If you stop doing your videos you would be a HUEVON !!!

HUEVON: ADV rider with balls too big and heavy to work on video for all of ADV FFs to enjoy!!!!! :rofl

Happy Thanksgiving !!
  17. UncaBuddha

UncaBuddha Well, Okay then.

Oddometer:
    Vin,
    Happy Thanksgiving man. We miss you around the air patch up here. I can't imagine how you are gonna come back and deal with these weiners...

Snake
    aka liVeStrom
  18. Martynho

Martynho No more Chilegringo.

Oddometer:
    Hey Mate,

Bollox! You cant give up on the vids, they really are awesome and admired by all I have shared them with. In fact you inspired me to go and locate a GoPro on MercadoLibre, and so 220 Lukas poorer ($480 - ouch but what the hell) here I am sat opening it up and trying to make it function in time honoured fashion without reading the instructions properly.

Glad you enjoyed your time here in Santiago, it really was a pleasure having you stay.

Vaya con Dios, Maricon. :1drink

M

P.S Good to hear ya using Brit music on the vids :D

19. d0gWateR

d0gWateR Goat Stuntaz DSMC

Oddometer:
    Been absent from advrider for a LONG while, checkin up on Vinnie the Toe! Just thinking about riding Commondu pass, and then wham! I bump into this ride report!

Crap dude, you're in South America. I'm going to have to press the rewind button back to Guatemala (I think) and see what you've been up to. You are still doing that thing, that thing that 99% of us that read ride reports would rather be doing than reading ride reports. Keep on rockin in the free world Vin.

Great to see you making tracks and having fun! Can't wait to page-back and see what villiany you've been up to.

Be well, ride skillfully.

Paul
  20. evermore

evermore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Vinnie!

I hope Rob and you are getting to El Calafate well. I stayed at America del Sur hostel, pretty nice place though it seems it is hard to go wrong in regards to hostels in El Calafate. There is a nice camping place as well. The town is extremely expensive though, just be warned. There is a ton to see and I wish I'd stayed a bit longer. Besides Perito Moreno Glacier, there is El Chalten (Fitz Roy) which I remember you mentioned wanting to see, as well as Torres del Paine over in Chile. They have a bunch of tours for the glacier, including some minitreks. Alas, with two days there, I just spent one day at the glacier, the other on a boat tour north to see some of the other glaciers.

Also, you have to pay the park fee every day you enter. It is 75 pesos each time!! Just count yourself lucky though as the fee will go up in January to 100 pesos. I guess they are tired of giving out change.

Suerte!

Michael