Phx , AZ ~135 Mi of mixt terrains Sunday 03-03-13

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by DR650SEDDY, Mar 4, 2013.

1. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    We took a loop ride from Lake Pleasant and back via various terrains skill level and temperature changes.:D
    At Wild horse cafee, ridez at the startin' point were:
    Bigbugberg KTM690
    Aaron DRZ-400S .
    Dr650seddy DRZ-400E.
    AZgary DR350
    Dezrat57 KTM640.
    Creeker747 DRZ400.
    Husaberg (avatar??)
    We got to see and say hi to Spencer, Rick and Brad (big bore ridez) planning another ride. All went well during the ride execpt minor mechanical mishaps here & there but nothing to interrupt da ride.
    First we pit stop few miles after C.K. rock turn out to inspect the Husaberg clutch issues and my stupid trail tech Striker's sensor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After Aaron took that picture (while i was checking my trail tech sensor) i try to keep my distance from him :lol3:lol3.
    [​IMG]
    The second rocky hill of the day:
    Dezrat;
    [​IMG]
    More to come.
  2. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    This hill got worse from last year.
    [​IMG]
    Azgary lost his momentum so i went down with Aaron for the rescue.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If u look from under it look like a wall.
    [​IMG]
    It was 1 more hill and 2 creek bed crossing before we get to Yarnell to meet up with Mefadv.
    Waiting for the rest on Wagoner rd
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bigbugburg's KTM had a minor coolant leak and decided to ditch the ride in order to avoid engine overheat up in Peeples Valley.
    [​IMG]
    After quick break on to Mina rd/Octave rd.
    [​IMG]
    We met with Mefadv shortly after. I missed the power line rd and decide to follow Mefadv to lead us into new trails since the area we're riding is his backward. He took us down to the Hassyampa river were the fun began sand, water, jumps and of course locked gates:rofl.
    Mefadv on a red XR650 in the river.
    [​IMG]
    Sand galore:evil.
    [​IMG]
    We actually took this route to connect to Constellation rd.

And we faced 3 locked gates.
    In order to bypass some of these gated Mefadv rode in the river bed we followed and it was crazy fun ride. We had to exit the buttom by improvising a way out. I wanted to climb down to take some pix for ridez jumping out of the river but it's hard to move when u have half gallon of water in ur riding boot:lol3. so i got Dezrat57 in the air.
    [​IMG]
    If u want to jump it again it' right here::rofl
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.0...2.641798&spn=0.002213,0.004941&num=1&t=h&z=18
    More coming up.
  3. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    The last gates and the quest to pursue our adventure was here:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q=34.0...2.631359&spn=0.002213,0.004941&num=1&t=h&z=18
    There's only one way to bypass that gate is if we slide our biked or man handled them around the egde of it. Aaron was the first victim to kamikaze his way through that gap by the metal. :eek1 failed: his front tire slide down the cliff but i was there to grab it soon after all join in for the rescue. Failed turned into success when we build this in 3 minutes:
    [​IMG]

And da crossing over continued.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This guy showed up right after we're done crossing, a little mad dunno why. Dezrat57 with his art of negotiation :D calm him down and we were on our way back to Buckhorn wash.

[​IMG]
  4. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Missed a good one. Love that sand.
  5. AZ Mark

AZ Mark Misplaced Farmboy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey Eddy--- and gang… Thanks for letting me join in your Li’l adventure… <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I was schooled in the disciplines of Trials riding 30+ years ago… so this high-r-speed desert riding is somewhat new to me. Hopefully I did not hold you back tooo much. <o:p></o:p>
    Ohh yes, my big O’l Red Honda is a XR400, and, plenty enough to scare the crap out of me. :eek1<o:p></o:p>
    I do need to speak to someone about that camera. . . It makes my ass look big and took most of the hair from the top of my head ! :wink:<o:p></o:p>
  6. Creeker747

Creeker747 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    You went around a locked gate, that I'm guessing was put there to keep people out & the guy/ owner shows up & he's ticked off & you don't know why:huh
  8. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    This lock looks 2 weeks old according to some insight. Plus we were actually leaving his property (if it was in the first place) He should be happy we're out. U can see the sign said do not enter top left:
    [​IMG] <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
  9. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    You're justifying, eddy.
  10. AZ Mark

Oddometer:
    Tom we usually would not go around a locked gate but we were attempting to get out of the private property ! ! !
  11. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Those wrong turns can get you in trouble:eek1
  12. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
  13. seabee1

Oddometer:
    great video! eddy, as the ride leader, why didn't you run interferance with the land owner confrontation? it seemed to last for some time, and you never approached??
  14. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    So what was the guy at the gate saying?
  15. AZ Mark

Oddometer:
    Let me STEP UP...
    At that point Eddy was following me. The first locked gate we came to was near a old ranch house so I supposed that the owners did not want people racing past the house any longer. We backtracked into the river and went upstream 1.5 miles jumped back on the road and then ran into this gate a couple miles later. Quickest way to get off this property was to go around the gate. Plain & simple... If anyone was in the wrong it was me! Eddy & the boys were just following.
    Let me state that I have been traveling on that same roadway for the past 34 years with no trouble or locked gates, only wire-gaps for cattle. Often times stoping to talk with the old fellow who no longer lives in the house.
    I did some checking yesterday and this in fact is patented land and the new owner has every right to install & lock gates.
    Mark
  16. seabee1

Oddometer:
    I wasn't trying to place blame with anyone - just a curiosity thing. Matter of fact, most people I know are dumbfounded that I lasted 21 years in the military with my disregard for authority. No trespassing signs actually read "welcome don" and all. If there's a keep out sign, it's because there's something really cool to see beyond it and all.

I didn't realize that he had relinquished control of the ride at that point.

Those are the best rides, aren't they? The "interesting" ones.

Btw, mefadv, good on ya for claiming responsibility. Good, bad or indifferent, make a decision.
  17. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    It seems he was bored to death living down by the river and need someone to talk to beside his wife.
    I told him it was the first time for us here. (u can hear me in the vid i was next to Aaron). He yelled back not anymore. And why do i need a confrontation with him anyway? He was telling story after another to Dezrat57. Plain and simple he was bored and needed some action in his live.
  18. seabee1

Oddometer:
    Yes, I heard your comment in the video "get a picture in case something happens". :D
  19. DurtKlod

DurtKlod Long timer

Oddometer:
    2/3's of the way through the video, despite the ranchers objection, the conversation was recorded. If you turn the volume way up, you can hear most of the conversation.
  20. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    ok. I didn't have access to the video clip when I posted. The guys seemed like a dick. Dezrat did a great job of squashing it but seriously. WTF is out there? Did you guys see any properties or anything? I'm looking around in googlemaps and don't see anything. So what's the big deal? I understand that it's their property and they can do whatever they want but it's not like you guys were vandalizing. I don't get it.