Dual sport to fly fishing?

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Luke wl., Mar 23, 2011.

1. Luke wl.

Luke wl. Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well I finally got my xrr. And I have had some great luck fishing boulder creek in town, clear creek (before the fire) and the dillon tailwater. I want to check out some ice-out fishing that might have a decent either trail or dirt road to? I'd like to go either tomorrow or Friday. Hit me up if you are interest (I'd ride a ways if the water is good)
  2. Luke wl.

Oddometer:
    Ok I'm going tomorrow and checking out the west platte. Not sure it ifs thawed but it will be a nice ride anyway. Leaving from boulder around 8 if anyone wants to join.
  3. Tha Rick

Tha Rick Shake and bake! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Geek's probably a good man to hook up with for this sort of fun...He's got some good spots and some better fish stories.
  4. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Would love to head out with you some time Luke.

Just don't ask me to ride with my rod pre-hooked and strapped across my chest.. I've ran into problems with that in the past :D

:freaky

[​IMG]
  5. Luke wl.

Oddometer:
    Haha I could imagine that going bad quickly. I'll shoot you a pm.

Ended up riding past the west platte (still a bit low) and up to the YMCA road up towards deckers. No fish but it was pretty nice out for most the day. Saw two guys (xrl and Ktm adventure?).
  6. Sparkdaddy

Sparkdaddy aventurero

Oddometer:
    Great Thursday

I've caught a lot of big trout but few fought as hard as this guy.
    This may sound weird, but the fish was so pretty I had to eat him. 21" long 6" wide. Amazing eating.
    [​IMG]
  7. Luke wl.

Oddometer:
    That thing looks like a football! I went to green mountain res today at the headwater and it was great. Going back Tuesday if anyone wants to join.
  8. Dysco

Dysco Distracted

Oddometer:
    Triploid?
  9. Sparkdaddy

Sparkdaddy aventurero

Oddometer:
    My bad, I saw flyfishing in the title and added the pic to your post. I thought this was the other flyfishing thread. :huh

Probably a Triploid but def a Cutbow cross of some sort. Took a 18 beadhead prince at about 12' deep on 4.5# tippet. FUN! :D Never surfaced once which makes me wonder. My buddy wanted to clean him and said it was just starting to get eggs?? He found a nice size baby bass or perch in his belly too. If you notice the gill hanging out that was from cutting his throat. My buddy said we should bleed him for better taste. It worked.
  10. busmonkey

busmonkey Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good excuse for a new four piece rod.:evil:clap:clap
  11. Luke wl.

Oddometer:
    I'm going back up to green mtn res tuesday if anyone wants to join. Won't be on my bike since I sent my stator to Bja designs but you can either meet me or jump in my truck.
  12. Luke wl.

Oddometer:
    No one? I need an unemployed fishing/riding buddy (or one with a flexible schedule lol)
  13. rckymtnrider

rckymtnrider No, its not too cold

Oddometer:
    Employed and not as flexible a schedule as I would like, but am game to get out for some weekend fly fishing when I can. Part of the reason for getting my KLR, get to those back road fishing holes.
  14. amorton

amorton Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was on the Platte yesterday just down stream from the convergence of the north and south forks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. mtnrwild

mtnrwild Ramjet

Oddometer:
    Looking for others to go fly fishing / dual sport riding to the back country locations. Bought this bike last summer and have been outfitting it for fishing back country traveling.. I now have a rod tube mounted to a top box for ease of access. Let me know if anyone is interested. I live close to Deckers, but travel the state looking for little steams and beaver ponds to fly fish.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

16. Ralpert

Ralpert Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would be up for that type of adventure. I live in the Broomfield area if that matters.
  17. MommysLittleMonster

MommysLittleMonster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i am down to get in on this. i have a few spots
  18. rckymtnrider

rckymtnrider No, its not too cold

Oddometer:
    Fishing gear and bike are ready to go. Weekends are what works for me. Bit of a novice with the fly rod but am up for any excuse to wet a line
  19. Deano955

Deano955 Insatiable

Oddometer:
    Nice scooter! What kind of tires are those? They look like a nice dual sport set up.
  20. Keiger

Keiger Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hummm, finish drywalling and tile shower or fishing. I'm in. I basicaly have the next week and half off.