Mosquito Pass, Birdseye Gulch and a bunch of other passes

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Ramv, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Ramv

Ramv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Figured it was my last shot to get in a Misquito pass run this year. Tried in June but it was closed and I was loaded down with camping gear so I didn't want to see if I could make it.

Started on Guanella pass. Awesome scenary, not much traffic in the morning. lots of power slides on the new and slightly frosty pavement. (yes the heated grips were on!)

[​IMG]

Left handed photo op at 40 mph or so...

[​IMG]

Getting better
    [​IMG]

Old mine off of Mosquito pass

[​IMG]

Getting higher!

[​IMG]

Top of Mosquito pass, over 13,000'. Highest I have had the KTM so far,

[​IMG]

The trail was a little dicier on the downside. Swapped Spot, cell phone and wallet into my pockets in case the bike and I became seperated.

[​IMG]

The pass from Birdseye. Yikes, glad I stayed on the road!

[​IMG]

A map of the ride. Kenosha Pass, Fremont Pass, and Loveland Pass all got represented. Not bad for four hours of riding. :evil

[​IMG]
  2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Awesome pictures. I got a pucker factor clinch just looking at you riding in the snow even though it's not that deep . . . yet!
  3. 47ohv

47ohv Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics and write up. Wish I was there with you. I have been in the snow a few times. About 4 yrs ago, myself and another rider late Sept. went to the top of Beartooth pass and was a complete white out. We turned around and headed to Yellowstone to go south annd at lest 7ins of snow in Yellowstone. We went thru Yellowstone and stayed the nite in the Tetons. Then headed to Death valley. Stayed there 3 days. Had a great time :norton
  4. Ramv

Ramv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It was a fun ride. Cold though!