2013 GS LC extended warranty

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by Slingshott, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Slingshott

Slingshott Adventurer

Oddometer:
    As the title suggest my dealer is offering a 4 year extended warranty for $1,700. A total of 7 years "bumper to bumper" or tire to tire as it may be. I am thinking with all the electronics on this bike it should be a no brainer. Transferable if I sell it at some point. Question is, is that a good price or has anyone received a better deal? Also a 5 yr tire warranty that covers bent rim, mounting, balancing and labor for $ 429. Thoughts anyone? I tried to search it but it just gave me links to other stuff...Thanks for any info
  2. Slingshott

Slingshott Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Nevermind....they dropped the 4 yr plan to $1,250 and the 5 year tire and plan is at $439. I took it.
  3. rob

rob Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Who's providing the warranty?
  4. Slingshott

Slingshott Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Not sure...it is thru the dealership. She said it will come to them for any warranty work. No deductable...works for me.
  5. bobobob

bobobob IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Oddometer:
    You chose wisely.
  6. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze n00b

Oddometer:
    The reason the dealership pushes these programs is because it is a huge profit generator for them - Buyer beware......personally I think they are a waste.
  7. wabtklr

wabtklr Land of the Free Because of the Brave!

Oddometer:
    I paid $1200.00 for an extra 3 yrs and unlimited miles.
  8. Slingshott

Slingshott Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thats what I thinking as well.
  9. sno-where

sno-where Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's a good deal if it makes you happy and gives you piece of mind. That is basically what you bought. But that means a lot to some, and only you can decide on it's value. I have a customer with a Volvo XC90 that has a similar policy and it has saved him lots of $, many a time. But for each of him, there is many more, that don't need much work, so they benefit the insurance co more so. As long as you can afford it, go for it.

They usually are worded to exclude any thing they can. My customers policy will not cover any hoses, as they consider them a wear item. What a crock! They will not cover a AC hose because it is a hose. Or a charge hose (line). How is a AC hose a wear item? No moving parts, aluminum so no rust. But some how it wore out because it is a hose? I can see a rubber hose, but not a metal hose.

So bottom line, read the small print, because it could bite you in the butt. Also read the policy back and forth, so you can carefully word your submissions so they don't decline your claims on minor wording. I say this because I do a lot of insurance claims at an auto shop, and any little word can make the insurance co decline a claim.
  10. iride4u

iride4u Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought one for my BMW K1600 through Western. My bike is 2000miles out of the factory warranty and the low beam and the water pump both failed over a two day period. They are covering both with no deductible.
    The Xenon unit is over $275 and the water pump is $250 plus 2 hours of labor each. Also 2 Gallons of anti freeze.