South Western Ontario Riders

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Esser, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Esser

Esser Over My Head

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone. I noticed in the one thread there was quite a few of us from the Windsor, Chatham, London, and Sarnia Area so I thought we should have our own corner.

To kick off this thread I am organizing a ride for all of us.

We can all meet at the Home Depot in Chatham and head to Grand Bend for a bite to eat and some stories.

Where: Home Depot in Chatham
    When: July 3rd - 10:00AM for a 10:30 Departure
    Route: Once we get to Wallaceburg we will take the St Clair parkway (Highway 33) which runs along the St. Clair River up to Sarnia. The we will take Lakeshore Road (Highway 7 and 21) to Grandbend with some detours along old lakeshore road.
    Travel Distance: 156KM
    Travel time: 2:00

<iframe width="640" height="480" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&amp;source=s_d&amp;saddr=Chatham-Kent,+Ontario&amp;daddr=St+Clair+Pkwy%2FCounty+Road+33+to:Front+St+to:Lake+Chipican+Dr+to:Old+Lakeshore+Rd+to:43.03825,-82.219319+to:Grand+Bend&amp;geocode=FQD5hgIdW_sZ-ymbqWuZ9_gviDHeDaW_EJYGoA%3BFREkjAId0okV-w%3BFdoOkAIde58W-w%3BFV8okAIdhpMW-w%3BFYKkkAIdAPEY-w%3B%3BFUrllAIdB4Eg-ymxmy3tQzoviDFjV5WBGe8SKQ&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=dpe&amp;mrcr=0&amp;mrsp=5&amp;sz=15&amp;via=1,2,3,4,5&amp;dirflg=h&amp;sll=43.034549,-82.21992&amp;sspn=0.015496,0.038581&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=42.871938,-82.067871&amp;spn=0.966193,1.757812&amp;z=9&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&amp;source=embed&amp;saddr=Chatham-Kent,+Ontario&amp;daddr=St+Clair+Pkwy%2FCounty+Road+33+to:Front+St+to:Lake+Chipican+Dr+to:Old+Lakeshore+Rd+to:43.03825,-82.219319+to:Grand+Bend&amp;geocode=FQD5hgIdW_sZ-ymbqWuZ9_gviDHeDaW_EJYGoA%3BFREkjAId0okV-w%3BFdoOkAIde58W-w%3BFV8okAIdhpMW-w%3BFYKkkAIdAPEY-w%3B%3BFUrllAIdB4Eg-ymxmy3tQzoviDFjV5WBGe8SKQ&amp;hl=en&amp;mra=dpe&amp;mrcr=0&amp;mrsp=5&amp;sz=15&amp;via=1,2,3,4,5&amp;dirflg=h&amp;sll=43.034549,-82.21992&amp;sspn=0.015496,0.038581&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;t=h&amp;ll=42.871938,-82.067871&amp;spn=0.966193,1.757812&amp;z=9" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

If anybody has any good bits of track or routes they want to add I am all ears.

I would like you to RSVP as well so me and my brother in-law dont drive an hour to show up to an empty parking lot. I'm game for changing the start point if everyone is from one area. So lets see who is interested and get a good ride together!

Feel free to use this thread to talk about anything SWO
  2. Patrol

Patrol VALE 46!

Oddometer:
    I'll request the day off tomorrow at work and let you know!
  3. wakes

wakes n00b

Oddometer:
    That sounds great, I'm in for sure, just got my 2009 XR650L and am itching to go for a ride. I'll free up my schedule!
  4. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    Bummer, you,ll be going right by my place, but Ill be on my way home from a canoe trip that day.....next time.

Cheers, Todd
  5. Rhombic

Rhombic Typical KLR *****

Oddometer:
    Most weekends I'm in Parkhill visiting my girlfriend. Not this weekend though. I'll keep an eye on this thread for future events.
  6. MinorAbrasion

MinorAbrasion Muddy When Wet

Oddometer:
    Hi

Thanks for the idea. There is a good chance I can make it. Is the planned route all tarmac? If so, I vote we look for a little gravel. One of use will have a GPS to track a route if we find something interesting.

G
  7. Esser

Esser Over My Head

Oddometer:
    I'm all ears if someone knows of some gravel or dirt. I chose this rought cause its the most curvy and scenic I can think of in the area. The only roads I know in my neck of the woods(Sarnia) that are gravel are straight and flat. But if you want to go lookin for some I'm game too

Also if no one is coming from Windsor I may consider starting the ride in Wallaceburg unless anybody has objections with that.

Actually come to think about it I think there is some scenic dirt around Kettle Point that we can check out.
  8. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    Do the full loop of KP(kettle point), you can still ride the beach from center side road to west ipperwash rd. then down W Parkway(nice and twisty) to Ipperwash rd. back to lakeshore, , N to Outer drive do loop through Port Franks(twisty again) that comes back out at Mcphesons(lkshore). Next short turn up Northville rd to Bog line, Bog to River rd.(nice twisty gravel) short run to Greenway rd, then back to LakeShore??, could be more gravel options depending on time.

Todd

9. Esser

Esser Over My Head

Oddometer:
    That sounds perfect.
  10. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    Ya it depends on how much time you want to take, theres also old lakeshore from the Grove out to Errol then Queen st. back around to lakeshore as a bit more of a senic route.

They have been repaving Lakeshore from Camlachie to just past my place, but its mostly done now, so you should be fine.

Cheers, Todd
  11. g.slick

g.slick gracie

Oddometer:
    Don't think I'm working that Saturday...might tag along
  12. Esser

Esser Over My Head

Oddometer:
    This all sounds great. I'm glad to see we have a group out. Unless anybody objects, instead of Chatham we will all meet at the Tim Hortens on Highway 40 in Wallaceburg. The one by Wal-Mart you cant miss it.

Todd, if you want to lead the group around your neck of the woods it sure would be appreciated.

So to sum up:

Where: Highway 40 Tim Horten's in Wallaceburg by Walmart.
    When: July 3rd - 10:00AM for a 10:30 Departure
    Route: We will take the St Clair parkway (Highway 33) which runs along the St. Clair River up through Sarnia and Canatara park. Then we will take Lakeshore Road (Highway 7 and 21) to Grandbend with some serious detours off of Lakeshore around Kettle Point.
    Travel Distance: Roughly 120km
    Travel time: 2:00
  13. toddiscdn

toddiscdn Take off, EH!

Oddometer:
    I would love to, unfortunatly my input is limited to suggestions here as that will be the last day of a canoe trip for me, hopefully it wont be the last and I,ll be able to make the next one.

Todd
  14. Patrol

Patrol VALE 46!

Oddometer:
    Did you guys get out? Sorry I didn't show. Nagging neck pain turned out to be fractured vertebrae ( hairline fracture, no biggie). I need a new job...
  15. Esser

Esser Over My Head

Oddometer:
    Sorry I forgot you had mentioned that. It will be more ADVenturous if we just see where the Kettle Point roads take us. It's not liek we can get lost. Is Ipperwash pretty well marked? I dont want to start no trouble haha.

Hey sorry abotu your neck, never fun. We arent goign out until the 3rd of July. So get healed!
  16. Patrol

Patrol VALE 46!

Oddometer:
    If not healed, just heavily medicated :)

I'll tag along in a support truck if I can't ride
  17. Esser

Esser Over My Head

Oddometer:
    I killed my bike yesterday so we will see if its back together by the 3rd. My cam chain made a mess of my motor
  18. JUNAC

JUNAC Straight Shooter

Oddometer:
    Just found the thread. I guess I'll have to use a sick day.:puke2 I'll be there! Hey Patrol, maybe we could ride up together?
  19. JUNAC

JUNAC Straight Shooter

Oddometer:
    I will be coming from Tecumseh. Trying to get a few FF's from Windsor and even some Yankee FF's to ride up together.
  20. Esser

Esser Over My Head

Oddometer:
    I just started a thread in the Central US region forum to invite some Easten Michigan riders that want to make the trek.

So lets see if we can firm up some numbers. I'll put your name here if you expressed interest in coming.

Esser
    Wakes
    MinorAbrasion
    g.Slick
    JUNAC
    Patrol? - If he's in riding condition.

Good little group so far.