Roanoke Area Tag O Rama

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by Gilerd, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Gilerd

Gilerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    RAT
    Roanoke Area Tag
    There is a mascot on the loose, RAT.
    Rules:
    1. Get the mascot and update this thread with a photo and/or video of the location stating "GRAB" as soon as possible.
    2. Once the Rat is in your possession he only likes to be on the run for 24 hours!
    3. Tag by shooting photo of the new location with reasonable hints and photo/description of the actual mascot location and posting to this thread with your bike in one of the photos so we know you didn't drive your car.
    4. Acceptable Tag Locations: Public roads, fire roads, no location that costs some amount of money to enter, places that "close at 11" typical park locations or whatever are fine. Just be wary of that before you set out to get the Rat. Obviously since we are starting in January, there is the possibility the Rat could get covered in snow in the middle of the national forest. That just adds to the challenge! Just be wary of drainage ways, we dont want him to get washed/blown away. Bury the rat in some rocks, sticks if you have to with good directions, marked up photos, etc.
    5. If the location requires significant gravel/pot holed mud pit fire road access, state this fact so nobody with a GSXR750 goes after it. Please make the mascot invisible to the passing eye as we don't want the Rat to be literally kidnapped. A little hiking to get the RAT is fine but not too much.
    6. 48 Hours Mystery Rule: Tag mascot (Rat) is required to Grab the tag. Please post your "bruced*" pictures even if the tag mascot has already been taken OR you could not Find It. Please do your best to find the mascot, dig, turn over rocks, look down holes. Tag claims must be posted within 24 hours of the 1st "bruced" photo. In the event no official tag claim is made within 24 hours, the person with the 1st "bruced" photo gets the tag and the honor of choosing the next Tag mascot [Even if the original mascot is found days later, after 24 hours it is no longer in Play]. Just keep it in that case for future use, decoration on your mantle or at the local bar. This inmate has 24 additional hours to create a mascot and set it for a total of 48 hours after the first bruced photo. This rule was grafted from the North American Tag game but edited from 12 hours to 24 hours in order to have proper time to investigate the MIA location and give interstate poachers time to get back to NC/WV and post.

*bruced: Means when you show up to get the tag, it is not there because someone already grabbed it or it was eaten by an animal, washed away, etc.

Detailed map with tag/grabs click here: RatMap
    The map of the game is shown below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. TeneRay

TeneRay Emotional Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just FYI and not to :dhorse on the boundaries. Here's a rough rendering of all of the regional VA and intruding TOR's, with exception to the VA and Southeast Region TOR which encompasses the entire state. If I missed something or drew it incorrectly :fyyff So much more real-estate to be had. This damn ice needs to clear so I'm not sitting around drawing stoopid maps, lol.

[​IMG]
  3. Gilerd

Gilerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Rat's hard to miss here. Tucked away under some sticks in this stump to try and stay warm. He thought about hiding at the base of the star but figured someone would call the cops since he could be a terrorist. Walk to the overlook and then keep on walking, at the end of the stone wall is this stump on your right. Let the games begin!
    It is January so how about a ride report. All clear on the way up, but don't go off the road! Parkway is closed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gui0Aft6dMY
  4. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nothing stupid about that map. Nice job rbmgf7! :clap

Hope you covered (what is the mascots name?) with some leaves, sticks(?), rocks(?) and maybe a little snow to hide it well. The tag might be grabbed already or may sit a week or more.

Let the game begin!
  5. Gilerd

Gilerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Rat is hidden under snow and sticks in the stump. Shouldnt go anywhere unless someone was spying on me. I scoped it out well though. :ear
  6. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  7. Gilerd

Gilerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great map! Wow there is more tag around these parts than I thought. I was utterly shocked to see nada in Roanoke. Problem solved my friend! :beer
  8. Retro

Retro Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer:
    Looks like a great piece of real estate for a game. Good luck with it and have fun.
  9. Gilerd

Gilerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Retro I hope you get some of the action at some point! :D
  10. Gilerd

Gilerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow looks like someone needs to start up a "South Central Virginia Tag"
  11. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    and a game for the Southwest portion on the state.

Paging LadyDraco to the courtesy phone. :D

Even with all the hoopla on the previous thread don't expect this to move very quickly.
  12. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Subscribed!
    Wish the boundaries crossed the border, there are some great riding/hiding there.
    Looking forward to this game.
  13. Gilerd

Gilerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This time of year, no doubt. I may even have to check in on Rat from time to time as spring slowly approaches, bring him some clear stuff and whatnot on extra collllld Feb days. :dutch
  14. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    I know the Star... But I just can't get off the farm any length of time..

Bwalsh .. I have been thinking of that ...:norton
    But don't have the time to log and map it all...
  15. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't be entirely sure of that. There are a couple folks within easy reach of a lot of that map and a bunch of poachers on the outskirts. :D
  16. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been up to the star too...back in 1984. I did some drilling & blasting work down there one winter/spring. The Star city is one of my favorites!

Just set a tag and it will eventually get rolling. Heck, just set something at the bottom of your driveway! :lol3 No need to do all the maps and such if you don't have the time.

You have some of the best roads in the State down there!
  17. NVTS

NVTS Arrivee Secteur Special

Oddometer:
    The RAT should get moved today.:wink: NVTS
  18. bobbylight

bobbylight Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll post a picture soon as I figure out how
  19. Gilerd

Gilerd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just started a free account with photobucket and uploaded photos. Go to your library view and hover over and image and hover over the gear looking thing in the upper right of the photo thumbnail and click get links. Click the direct link, it automatically copies to your clipboard. On your post here click the insert image icon, click in there and hit Ctrl+V on your keyboard. thats one way I know of I'm sure there are more.
  20. Mava

Mava ---

Oddometer:
    Oh great. The guy who moved the tag doesn't know how to upload photos of where it's at. :rofl