Klim Latitude Suit

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Xeraux, Aug 16, 2011.

1. katalyst

katalyst Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well I managed to try on some Klim gear, albeit the Traverse suit. I can make the sizing work, but the question that has now arisen is whether I need the Latitude suit or something like a Rev'it Sand suit would be sufficient. My impression of the Sand was that it fit perfectly and was comfortable and flexible. The Traverse was clearly baggier, as a combination of the style, design (more of a shell), and sizing issues; and wasn't nearly as comfortable or flexible. The plan is to ride from Vietnam to India, through Laos, Thailand, Bangladesh and Nepal, over something like January-June next year, so I guess the main things that I'm weighing are comfort for an extended period versus protection from the weather, and particularly rain. Any insights, guys?
  2. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    the Rev it uses waterproof liners...we owned a Cayenne Pro...sold it because of really one reason BIG reason..while the waterproof liner mainly worked in pouring rain the outside of the jacket got soaked, turned into a wet heavy jacket that felt like burlap. It took forever to dry out...also, I don't like waterproof liners because of where we mainly ride...sunny one minute, downpour next...we LOVE the shell concept, Gore Tex H20 proofing on the outside. That way we can choose our liners....be it a base hear, t-shirt, or our Gerbing's heated liner. Up to us and we are cover for all days. Up to to you....plus the life time guarantee is great and KLIM is great to work with...

Up to you....I also believe the KLIM gear would out last the Rev it. Just IMHO.
  3. katalyst

katalyst Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I completely agree with all of that, and they're the things that my rational mind keeps telling me, but then I put the Klim gear on and it just felt so damn goofy :D
  4. soph9

Oddometer:
    comfort has to play a huge role in your decision...the Black Traverse versus the gray that we have I think looks sweet and feels great on us but if you are not comfortable in the KLIM then get the Rev it...work with it...comfort is also huge in our book.
  5. eddiefaulkner

eddiefaulkner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    BMW of Atlanta has a huge selection as of last Saturday. Give em a ring. Thay were most helpful in helping me pick out the right sizing for my needs. Very happy.:freaky
  6. katalyst

katalyst Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think I'll go with the Latitude - ultimately I want the most functional and durable equipment, and the slimmer fit that has been reported in this thread is a bit of a comfort.
  7. DiamondLie

DiamondLie Banned

Oddometer:
    You won't be sorry. I just got my suit direct from Klim and I can't imagine how anybody who really rides (damned be the weather) wouldn't appreciate all of the thought and engineering that went into the design of it.
  8. csimon

csimon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi there. I have been watching this thread as i was in teh smae boat as everyone here too this past summer. I waited for the Klim and i have some and like their gear - but i went with the Rukka Armas and never looked back. I agree that Klim is going to last and better engineered than the Revit, but Rukka is a step above Klim in my opinion.

Didn't want to highjack the thread - but i wanted to offer an opionion. The rukka thread is around here.
  9. soph9

Oddometer:
    BMW COmfort Shell is another option for tall and long riders...waterproof, breathable..and my colleague swears by it
  10. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    ...And it comes with the pricetag to go with it.

The Rukka Armas is priced more in line and is comparable to the Klim Adventure Rally suit, not the Latitude.
  11. csimon

csimon Adventurer

Oddometer:
    "...And it comes with the pricetag to go with it.

The Rukka Armas is priced more in line and is comparable to the Klim Adventure Rally suit, not the Latitude."

True - but these 2 suits are not going for the same type of rider.
  12. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    Wait. The Armas and the Adventure Rally are priced similarly and are constructed similarly, but aren't aimed at "the same type of rider"?

So, which rider goes with which suit? :ear
  13. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    The real adventure rider, or the wannabe with all the lights and shit on his (clean)GS buys the Adventure. The more sport touring oriented, classy(:wink:) metro sexual type buys the Armas:clap
  14. Xeraux

Xeraux Archvillain

Oddometer:
    How do you get all of that hair product out of your helmet liner?
  15. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Never used a helmet liner, or cleaned pads inside, but I do own an Armas suit. So confusing:lol3
  16. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:
    Michigan from the Rocky Mountain High Country
    Just was over @ the Klim website and it looks like more stock has arrived.
    The Laditude and badlands in all sizes are listed as availible.
    The last batch went pretty fast, dont wait if this is what you want.
  17. sonoran

sonoran Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just got a Latitude delivered from Revzilla today. It's nicer than I expected.. lots of great details and seems to be very well constructed. The sleeves are a tad long but I can live with it. Coming from an Olympia AST this jacket feels like a major upgrade in quality and protection.

This jacket is stiff... it'll take some time to break in.
  18. soph9

Oddometer:
    wash it...little detergent if needed and dry on high heat...should help soften it up...oh and take the armour out before washing...zip up all the zippers too
  19. ghostryder

ghostryder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought the same thing, after a few rides it loosens up.
  20. gallowaystx

gallowaystx Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Not to threadjack here - but i'm 98% on a latitude and the damn rev'it legacy GTX keeps appearing in my peripheral vision. They are comparable price wise and are both goretex. The rev'it has thermal lining but i already own a mountain hardwear polartec mid-layer jacket that I was planning to use as my thermal with the Klim.

I own a pair of rukka armas pants (which I love) but can't afford the matching jacket unfortunately.

How warm is the klim by the way - how hot can you go vs how cold can you go with it (before you need to start layering)?

Anyone have any thoughts/insights on this at all?

I've never owned Klim gear before.