Flying Monkey Adventure Rally 2012

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by GeoMoto, Feb 20, 2012.

1. danketchpel

danketchpel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Jesse,

You can put down a Women's Small size for Jemma's T-shirt. You've got mine down already.

Do "we" need to make campsite reservations or is that covered by a group thing already?
  2. covered in dust

covered in dust Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm in, I'll either be camping with WakeMedic or getting a cabin if my wife wants to come along.

shirt XL

Covered in Dust
  3. tlking6

tlking6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Im in!
    XL
    I'm going to stow away in Covereds in Dust's gear bag but I'll bring my own tent!
  4. GeoMoto

GeoMoto Head Flying Monkey Supporter

Oddometer:
  5. scooterbj

scooterbj A Life of Riding!

Oddometer:
    I live in the Denver area and plan to take a mixed back roads route to the Flying Monkey. Anyone interested in joining up for all, or part, PM me.
  6. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    I have an uncle that might ride down from Colorado. He hasn't totally committed yet. Check with me as we get closer and I will hook you guys up if he decides to come.
  7. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    I just booked a vacation w/the kids leaving 7/22 to Hawaii. If I still go, I may come up Wed and leave Sat.
  8. dutchjohn

dutchjohn Adventure Touring

Oddometer:
    I have to see what is up, did look at this last year, but didnt make it. maybe this year, all depends on when I go north
    for other rides i want to do, but it looks fun
    dutchjohn
  9. soupbone

soupbone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    just reserved my spots!:D thanks GEOMOTO. can't wait! have a question? do some people bring their own stuff to cook and do they have grills? thx again. also are beverages of the hops and malt variety allowed in moderation of course?:freaky
  10. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Quite a few people bring their own meals, there are no grills that I can remember so you probably want to bring your own. Beverages are okay too. I believe that they serve beverages at the restaurants too.
  11. dulinor

dulinor Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm all healed up, bike rebuilt and ready to go again! Promise not to be quite as high maintenance this year!

(XL)

I can probably scrounge a truck so I don't have to ride it all down live night before, but would be up for joining any groups coming down from the greater SLC area.
  12. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    GSA!!!!! Saweeeet! I'm Jealous! I will be on the GS this year.
  13. dulinor

Oddometer:
    I'll probably still bring the WR (with extra gas) - GSA is too new, won't have worn through the street tires yet and not sure I trust you when you say they'll be good GS roads!
  14. GeoMoto

Oddometer:
    Ha! That is funny! You have had a couple expensive Southern Utah trips over the last couple of years. I am sorry for that, however we all really enjoy your company (and the stories that we can all share about your adventures with us). I look forward to hearing about your European Vacation. Bring some pics!

You should PM fudgypup for some GSA pointers. He has gone from novice to pro on a GSA in less then a year and has racked up more training from other experts then anyone else I know.

Ride safe!
    [​IMG]
  15. fudgypup

fudgypup Banned

Oddometer:
    Trust me, they are GS/A-friendly.

Maybe 2% of it was a bit sandy; that leg through Kanab but not bad at all. Medium depth sand that's navigable, not the deep sand wash stuff that gets your heart racing. 98% was the most big bike friendly roads I've ever seen.
  16. dulinor

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    And here I thought that picture would never see the light of day. We'll see as we get closer to the date. GS would have the advantage of an easy ride down, vs the WR on the highway. That said, I've been responsible for less than 500 miles on the GS so far, so not gonna assume.
  17. dutchjohn

dutchjohn Adventure Touring

Oddometer:
    nor;18271411][​IMG]

And here I thought that picture would never see the light of day. We'll see as we get closer to the date. GS would have the advantage of an easy ride down, vs the WR on the highway. That said, I've been responsible for less than 500 miles on the GS so far, so not gonna assume.[/QUOTE]

sounds like you need to get riding :muutt
    I am in the Ogden area and If I go I will ride down , but, NO FREEWAY stuff ! I have a few dirt roads picked out :evil
    then I am thinking of Only handing a day or so then head over to az and new mex and do the CDT up thru steamboat springs and then head due west back home. so if any one wants in lets talk. maybe two weeks on the trail.
    DutchJohn
  18. dulinor

Oddometer:
    Time permitting I'd love to head down over dirt, but will probably have to work to the last minute, bomb down, then bomb back up to make work the next monday so I miss the minimum time. Two weeks would be a dream!
  19. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well since I live in the area I better not miss this one. Count me in. XXL Please..
  20. scooterbj

scooterbj A Life of Riding!

Oddometer:
    Sure, anyone interested can pm me. I will make it a 2 day ride down overnighting somewhere in sw Colorado.