What have you done to your GS or GS Adventure today?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by PWarren4, Oct 26, 2012.

1. TheRoss

TheRoss IBA# 522, MOA, ABC Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats on a challenging ride!

I am doing the same next week... 50cc inside a SS4000... Starting in San Diego Thursday morning.

Oh, and very nice avatar. I started daydreaming just staring at it. Then my boss walked up behind me (of course).
  2. Spaggy

Spaggy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Powder coated my new headlight protector and luggage racks that were modified to fit my bike.

before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

Luggage racks from a KLR
    [​IMG]

Modded for the GSA
    [​IMG]

Top rack for the Pelican
    [​IMG]

Done
    [​IMG]
  3. fuhgawee

fuhgawee Thats a road?

Oddometer:
    Did that on my 07, OMG. Had I known I'd have done much sooner. Enjoy!
  4. rattis

rattis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Used it as a tool tray while I was installing a higher screen on my daughter's Dakar and thought about going for a spin,
    but it's 2 below and windy so I just packed up my tools and hit the couch:1drink
  5. Ayrshire Bull

Ayrshire Bull why the hell not?

Oddometer:
    I saw some really nice tweezers (titanium I think) in the touratech catalogue - a bit spendy at 65 dollars but they did have a little recess in the handle for the BMW logo. Way I see it - 65 bucks is a solid investment if I can shave off some weight and keep some extra space in the Jesse's for beer runs. TEWSTER - what kind of Qtips are you running on your GS - full synth or natural?
  6. Oldie

Oldie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Stuck some very cheap homebrew tank panniers on my 1100. Couldn't afford the Fasma so these will have to do for now.

[​IMG]
  7. AdvStrider

AdvStrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    We're meant to get snow here over the weekend, so I made sure I got one last ride in:lol3
  8. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no wife but i do like sleeping with my GS
  9. Tewster2

Tewster2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, yep Q-Tips from Touratech. Got the diamond tipped ones! Still waiting for my jeweler to engrave the Starbucks logo on the silk case they came in.
  10. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts
    I see TT is out of temporary tattos of mosquito, tse tse flie, and black flie bites.
    How are we supposed the have THAT look at Starbucks without them?
  11. yellow 1150GS

yellow 1150GS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Went to replace front brake pads on my 2003 1150GS with Evo calipers @ 130,000 miles (second time, my first) and found that both pad retaining pins were seized in the calipers. Seems the mechanic did not put never seize on the threads last time. Using penetrating oil and heat, I was finally to get one pin out with the worst squeaking sounds I have ever heard! The other pin would not budge. Broke 2 #30 torx wrenches. Found a 3/8 drive #30 torx socket at Sears, and succeeded in stripping out the recessed torx head. Luckily the pins are fairly soft so I carefully drilled it out to 5/16" diameter which enabled me to use a miniature hack saw (one made by Lennox works really well) to slit the remaining screw threads in three places to remove it. Still was difficult to get it to move. Cleaned out threads and coated the threads on the new pins with never seize before replacing. Whew!
  12. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:
  13. Ayrshire Bull

Oddometer:
  14. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:
  15. Ayrshire Bull

Oddometer:
    sounds good mate - look forwards to it
  16. Ravenslair

Ravenslair Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    New plugs and a valve adjustment for my '04 GSA. Did the oil, transmission fluid, rear drive fluid and clutch bleed a few days ago. Need to bleed the brakes next weekend.
  17. Boondox

Boondox Travels With Barley

Oddometer:
    Finally finished the install of aux lights. I have Clearwater Kristas on the bike and the smaller Glendas on the sidecar all linked to a single dimmer. Dialed all the way down they provide decent lighting, but hit the high beam and HOLY COW!
  18. BFG

BFG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been looking at fitting extra lights to my alloy boxes for some time finally did it over a couple of weekends. Light are wired to the factory driving/fog lights which are fused so no canbus worries. Connections are watertight and although the wires/lights are fitted in rubber seals have silicone them as well. Tape holding wire was just temporary. Finished off with some custom made stainless terminal covers (egg cups :augie) . Then used some van lining material to line the panniers, no more helmet rattling round or dirty marks on bags etc. Have 2 GS1200 so get to practice on mine before fitting anything to my partners bike, she has to see it fitted before I am allowed to mess with hers.:lol3
    We went out on the bikes for the day yesterday and was late back so got a good Idea what they are like. Lights are similar in brightness to original so really visible without being too much. Quick release connector’s waterproof and easy to use. Overall very pleased with the end result.

https://[​IMG]

Link to instalation pictures
    https://boxster.smugmug.com/Other/pannier-lights/27510258_qBddP7
  19. BTL

BTL No more snow!!

Oddometer:
    St Albert. Alberta Canada. IBA Member 50093
    Very clever use of the egg cups..looks real nice.
  20. Snarky

Snarky Vodka Infused.

Oddometer:
    It happens. Was anyone watching? How fast did you swing it back up?