Hellas Rally - Lepanto 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by HellasRally, Oct 5, 2012.

1. HellasRally

HellasRally Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi there
    Everything described in the regulations are necessary for your safety.
    GPS not needed to be installed on the bike, but needed to be available in any emergency case, like I said, get you back in a village or a gas station.
  2. Mike_MRS

Mike_MRS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Brod, can't see anything about flares in the safety equipment.
  3. HellasRally

Oddometer:
    Bikes
    The motorbikes must have: Light, brake light, horn, rear fender with mudguard, copy of number plate.

ATV
    The Quads must have: Light, brake light, horn, nerf bars.

Riders
    Riders must wear: Full Face Helmet, Chest protector, knee protectors, elbow protectors, gloves, Enduro Jacket, Boots, mask.
    They must also carry on them:
    • Mobile phone in waterproof packaging with high sound level and able to call/receive within the EU
    • Camel Back with water
    • Energy Bars
    • Enduro Jacket + waterproof Jacket
    • GPS and extra batteries for 15 hours autonomy
    • Mini Survivor kit (compass, torch / flashlight, foil survival blanket, lighter, small mirror, whistle, useful phone numbers).
  4. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Ah, well they keep changing the bloody list every year, just to keep things interesting :lol3

They scrapped the flares this year but added a whistle and a vanity mirror :evil

edit: You should be OK with the list HellasRally just posted
  5. HellasRally

Oddometer:
    I do not remember myself asking for a flare in a day race since the flare is not of any use, apart from 24 hours race since you race at night, where the flare is really useful.
    What we ask is vital for your safety, better more than sorry.......
  6. Offroadie1

Offroadie1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh! I see Rally Jacket is still required ...... !!
    That was the subject of a rider revolt in Serres :rofl
  7. Mike_MRS

Oddometer:
    I guess that means race shirt not allowed? That'll be great if it's warm won't it? :rofl
  8. Offroadie1

Offroadie1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If your lucky it will be the same Orga. as the Serres team. They took a very pragmatic and sensible approach to such matters. If it can be justified without increasing risk, the rule can be changed during the daily meetings.

I think the jacket requirement may have been carried over from earlier rally's, some of which were up in the Greek mountains in October (Frrrrrrrosty)! You would have been delighted to be wearing a jacket.

As it was, in Serres we rode in shirts.
  9. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Hey OffRoadie, I raced Serres in both '11 and '12 (#52 on the ancient exc520), I was the naughty boy that brought up the issue of not wearing jackets at the rider's meeting in the afternoon of the 1st day. Organizers think I'm a bit of a trouble maker :lol3

You're right about Serres in '11, it was damn chilly due to it being held in late October, especially the early morning starts at 6 am (Kemal Merkit broke his collarbone when he slipped on early morning frost in a Special, it treacherous). I much prefer Serres now that it's held in late August, can't stand the cold personally

The organizers of Serres Rally and Hellas Rally (formerly Evia Rally) are two different people with two distinctly different teams.
    And yes, as user HellasRally can testify, I was a pain in the ass in Evia as well (well, me and some other riders to be fair)... :evil

That said, I am looking forward to Lepanto in a couple of months, if for nothing else than to meet up with some inmates from over here, and then I'm definitely doing Serres in august.
  10. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Great, who needs flares when I've got a whistle and a vanity mirror? :D
  11. Offroadie1

Offroadie1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Brodo, I was Rider No. 32 riding with Patsy' group in Serres. I did not see much of you during the day as you were off chasing down the Italians , while I was nearer the back getting a lesson in two digit navigation!! Hopefully I will get the benefit of that in Tuareg in a couple off weeks.

I enjoyed your input at the meetings. We need that kind of passion to move the sport forward and keep the orgas. on their toes. Good riders and good orga's make good events and therefore a bunch of happy chappies.

Keep it up. Cheers.
  12. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Amen brother. Good memories, those italians were alien material damn them :lol3

Found a few pics from SRR, let me know if you need any:

[​IMG]
  13. Offroadie1

Offroadie1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Oh Yeah! That bloody hill! :D

I have most of the photo's thanks. I'm glad someone took pictures otherwise I doubt I would have seen how badly my suspension was set up. Rectified that now with some RaceTech springs front and rear. Also reduced my pie intake for 2013. Bad news for Scottish bakers, but better news for RaceTech!

Great event Serres. Would like to do it again this year but it is a bit of a toss up between that and the Australasian Safari Rally. We will see how my work schedule develops before I make a call on that.
  14. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    :thumb

So, back on topic, anyone know who is coming down with Patsy's team for the Hellas Rally? I know Jenny will be using Torque...

Anyone sorted out their hotel accommodation yet, or are you all camping? I am leaning towards a hotel, but haven't done much research on the matter yet, and there's no list up on here yet
  15. HellasRally

Oddometer:
    Prebooked all hotels available in Nafpaktos
    if you take a look at the home page, there is a ticker for accommodation.
    Mail to accommodation@hellasrally.org to book a room.
    Camping space is available but limited, no organized cmaping in the area (one but far).
    Rooms starting from 40 euros per double with breakfast.
    Could be easier for you to use orga mail instead of a forum to find out a solution.
  16. Brodovitch

Brodovitch Team ⌘R

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I tried the orga-website but there was no orga-mail under the accommodation sub menu. I will orga-book one soon. Any suggestions on which is closest to the bivouac?

Email sent, thanks
  17. Stretchah

Stretchah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quick question from a rally noob :

In the Tech reg's it says starting devices are compulsory.

I'm just wondering if this means you have to have an electric starter or if it means electric or kick is fine, but, you have to have one i.e. no relying on bump starts or rollers etc.

Want to check as I'm thining this may be the rally to aim for as a first - after a hell of a lot more training and a few some local races :wink:
  18. Mike_MRS

Oddometer:
    I take it to mean electric start
  19. HellasRally

Oddometer:
    Although it is a minor detail, starting devices means that you do not need to push the bike to start it.
    So kick start or a e-start is a starting device.
  20. Stretchah

Stretchah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Perfect, thanks for confirming and big Mike thats how I was reading it too, hence the question...glad it includes kick start only too as otherwise I'd be looking for another engine or bike