HDB Rallye Lite Kit and Dual Sport fairing,

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by theantipaul, Feb 1, 2013.

1. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A bolt on fairing, headight, roadbook holder or GPS mount.

[​IMG]

Presently available only for KTM's with 4 M10 threaded lower handlebar clamp mounts.

Available soon for Yamaha, Honda and aftermarket triples with 12mm lower clamp bolts.

Features;

- Incredibly strong mounting system for Scott's submounted dampers,

- Various possible HDB Top Clamp configurations,

- Lower handle bar clamp risers from 1 3/4" to 3 1/2",

- Scott's damper mount adjustable for any KTM offset triple clamps,

- Adjustable roadbook holder mount, forward angled for rider safety to rotate in an impact,

- Supports 2 Baja Designs Squadron LED's, soon available for BD SII's,

- Side plates with multiple mounting locations for Ram balls or GPS mounts,

- Plastic dual headlight fairing,

No more bent or damaged submts for KTM's with this system. We've made a bombproof 4 bolt mounting design that allows for worry free lower handlebar heights of up to 4 1/8" to the centerline of the handlebars. This is the strongest mount available.

[​IMG]

Comes with your choice of HDB top clamps with near endless possibilities for mounting on/off push button switches, toggle switches, Powerlet sockets, LED indicators or even a Baja Designs keyed ignition switch.

[​IMG]

Your choice of lower clamps, when combined with the 5/8" Scott's adjustable mounting plate, obtains heights of 2 3/8" to 4 1/8" measured from the top of the upper triple to the centerline of the handlebars.

Plastic fairing is designed to support the Baja Designs Squadron LED Race light. The best, brightest and lightest LED light on the market today. The Squadron uses 4 Cree XML LEDs to produce 3600 lumens of usable light at 44watts and weighs just 12oz. With a very compact footprint, the Squadron is nearly impossible to kill with thermal protection circuitry and a limited lifetime warranty.

All aluminum construction mounted to both the upper and lower triple clamps to eliminate vibration and fatigue, black anodized matte black to keep reflection to zero, replacement parts will be available separately. Proudly Made in the USA.

Prices start at $359.95

See it here at Highway Dirt Bikes.

Frame mounted and fork strap mounted versions will also be available soon.
    geoduch, pir8liner and ErikMotoMan like this.
  2. theantipaul

Oddometer:
    We start here, this is the style KTM triple clamp for this setup, versions to follow would be for Hondas, Yamahas and aftermarket triples, BRP etc.

[​IMG]

On go the Scott’s submt/side plate mt and the lower handlebar clamps, these are 2 1’2” with the submt the overall height to the centerline of the bars is 3 1/8”,

[​IMG]

Adjustable Scott’s mounting plate,

[​IMG]

Top clamp,

[​IMG]

Next comes the lower bracket,

[​IMG]

Then the first side plate,

[​IMG]

Then the lower side plate and spacer to tie it all together, the side plate is tapped for the M6 bolt and the only drilling required if needed is to drill through the lower side plate at the hole above the bolt and add a second bolt, we have found this to be pretty much unnecessary, but have kept it for unknown abuse.

[​IMG]

Here are 2 optional Squadrons and hardware ready for mounting,

[​IMG]

The squadrons mounted up,
    [​IMG]

And with the fairing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The whole package weighs in at 7.5lbs, but that includes submt, lowers and top clamp, your bike will already have these,

[​IMG]

So the assembly as it sits that can be removed to return to stock light, weighs in at 4.5lbs,

[​IMG]
  3. Spikehead

Spikehead Two-Bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer:
    Kool. What's your estimated time of availability for a Yamaha WR250R?
    redCattledog likes this.
  4. Honkey Cat

Honkey Cat Tailights Fade!

Oddometer:
    awesome, I have to see if it will work on my ktm 690 r
  5. theantipaul

Oddometer:
    Hey Spike, I have a PM into a buddy see if we can get it setup. YZ's, WR-F's, CRF's and CRF-X's aren't much of an issue, the front 2 fender bolt holes will need to be drilled and tapped through the top so that the lower bracket will mount.

With those the rest is easier to work around, but the WRR's and the CRF-L's will be a bit tougher with the key mount and speedo/instrument cluster. We'll have to see. YZ's, WR-F's, CRF's and CRF-X's will be the end of the month.

Honkey, what year 690 is it? I can look it up on microfiche if it's stock. Shoot me a pic of the upper triple.
  6. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Your work looks second to none! Great Job and forward thinking!
  7. dcparks

dcparks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    any chance of an XR650L setup?
  8. theantipaul

Oddometer:
    Thanks Mike.

DC, the issue with any XR is that if the upper triples are stock they have the lower clamps cast into them and that will not allow for the mounting of the Scott's/side plate mount,

But if you have an aftermarket upper triple or have done a CRF fork conversion, then most likely we can set you up.
  9. Johnf3

Johnf3 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That is the best set up I have seen yet. The KTM version should fit anything at least 10 years back. You would have to have a full DC conversion at 100W or more to run both squadrons plus battery charging, etc. I have converted my old 520 to full DC with a trailtech stator and would love to install this. Looks like it would bolt right up. Looks very well-made at a reasonable price.

Your KTM version should work on Husabergs back to 2004 also. Same basic clamps, except for offset and same stator/charging system. The '09 and up 'Bergs are full DC systems stock.
  10. pfdskipper

pfdskipper Westside Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great job on this Paul. You have put together a well thought out product. I sure would like to see a version of this offered for my Super Enduro!! I am running the emig triples with a sub-mount.

Do you think you will offer a compatible version of your product for my set-up? If yes, when do you anticipate having this available

How about sales for invidual pieces of your system? Is this possible?

Also, when are the plastic masks going to be available?

Thx
    Bob
  11. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Got my fairing mounted today and had to go for a test spin despite the cold weather:

[​IMG]

The fairing works great. I installed mine in the lowest possible position since this is my trail bike. I'm 5'10" and at 80 mph the wind hits me in the goggles. It's a nice clean airflow with no buffeting. I like how it keeps the air pressure off the chest.

I'm using a wide beam squadron as my low beam mounted in the upper position and pointed slightly down to illuminate the area in front of the bike. In the lower slot I have a spot squadron as a high beam pointed straight ahead. The low beam is run through an LED PWM dimmer with a high beam bypass all controlled from the handlebar Hi/lLo switch. This way on low beam only the top spot LED is on at 40% power and on high beam both LEDs are on at 100% power.

[​IMG]

Low beam:
    [​IMG]

High beam:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Side view:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. wizz

wizz Up a creek......

Oddometer:
    are the lights frowned upon for street use? are there other options/configurations more freindly to passing motorists and such?
  13. PDX Alamo

PDX Alamo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I second that motion, I'm in. Have your hand guards on my WR now and they are top notch. You make it , I'll buy it !
  14. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    The lights are not DOT approved for street use, that is where the LED dimmer comes into play. For a low beam I only run one light the Flood patter and run it at 40% power.

Not perfect, but gets you by.
  15. Honkey Cat

Honkey Cat Tailights Fade!

Oddometer:
    Will do tomorrow
  16. theantipaul

Oddometer:
    Thanks John, you're right on with the power requirements for the Squadrons, but you won't be sorry.

A little testing tonight,

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MaAmz5dnl90" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Hey Bob, the SE will need a triple that has separate lowers that bolt on, then it's a go, but I haven't done one yet so can't say that there will be no issues.

Parts will be available separately, just need to figure out how to put that on the site, but that's the plan.

Does look good Dan, thanks for the input.
  17. theantipaul

Oddometer:
    Like Dan said, it can be mitigated with a dimmer, I have one in the wide cornering version, have it pointed down since it has a nicely defined cutoff and have yet to be flashed with it on full power, see video above, along with a spot it works very well.

Hi PDX, I've been in touch with an inmate here and will be setting one up, but give us a few weeks, we are swapped right now and don't want to bite off too much.
  18. Idahombre

Idahombre Likes easy girls!

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at getting this setup for my CRF450X. I'll be ordering it in the next month or two. One thing I learned is that the fairing is not included with the tower kit. However for the inmates, Paul is passing on the discount to the fairing as well. To get that discount use this code, "advrider01". :clap
  19. KTBen

KTBen Barrrp!

Oddometer:
    This is a great idea :clap (just what ive been thinking about)

Have you got a photo of a bike with the black fairing? Maybe even a photo of one on a bigger bike.....
    AdvMech likes this.
  20. EdGear

EdGear Edventurer

Oddometer:
    Where do you route the front brake cables and how do you compensate for their range of movement?