1. CharlieT

CharlieT old school

Oddometer:
    So, Than, when you going to come down and take that Triumph Scrambler for a test ride???
  2. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
    Good question. Maybe next weekend? I have to work this weekend coming up.
  3. JTB488

JTB488 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    This part about crazy quad guys East of M-37 is totally true:eek1. You have to watch the regular roads there too as the trails cross them over and over and those guys just blow right through the stop signs to keep up with their buddies. 3 of them rode into Twin Creek Tavern when I was eating and all I heard about was how fast they were going. They had helmets and gloves on.....and shorts,t-shirts and tennies! Often (if it is hot) they dispense with the helmets entirely I have observed. Actually though ,the bikes do the same things at times and just "fast roll" the stop signs. I really watch out for all the crossings over there.
  5. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    Hey EXORGT.....looks like we need to meet GatorDoc on a Muskegon road trip:clap. So many chow huts and so little time.... Welcome back to WestMI GatorDoc. Looks like you will fit in! Where are you and what do you ride?
  6. Lab-Kid

Lab-Kid Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for all the great suggestions, and keep them coming!

I think I'll pass on the "Dog-n-Suds" suggestion though. Never been to one, but my father ate at one about 45 years ago and nearly died from it!
  7. Poweranger

Poweranger Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Any trail riding I do is on my quad. Do not have to option to plate. And no I am not one of the crazies. Those crazies do show up on two wheels, not just four, but I know what you mean when referring to the LH and LM route. Myself and my buddies actually prefer the little O over LH and LM for trail riding. The crazies seem to stay off the tight stuff. The LH and LM route are basically just a super high speed dirt road. I have had two friends hit from jackass' coming the other way out of control. One buddy ended up with a severely bent rear axle and the other with a bent frame. Luckily neither of them was injured. Factor in the LH and LM are fairly close to the southern populated areas of the state and you get more of the weekend warrior type crazies than on the other trail systems. My favorite trail is the Kalkaska and Atlanta systems which are far more technical and have very little traffic. Some day soon I hope to get a dual sport and sell the quad. It sucks not being able to be plated and have the option of taking back roads with out the worry if it is a legal road or not. Now to just find the time to do it.
  8. kentnothstine

kentnothstine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a beautiful ride yesterday. I rode the KLX from TC up 31 to Makinac City.

Me and 2 friends left from my house headed north on 31 stoped in Elk Rapids for breakfast. Next we took off again on 31 into Petoskey then to the tunnel of trees. Just before we got to the tunnel of trees, we stoped at a gas station right before the tunnel of trees and just so happens, they were doing a customer appreciation day, free hot dogs pop chips and 1oz beer samples from the Petoskey Brewing company :clap . Then a nice leisurely ride through the the tunnel of trees :evil then to Mackinaw City,

After Mackinaw we headed south to the Legs inn, ate some good Polish food:dg. Then we headed south split ways and I headed home.

What a great day.
  9. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    Those tires won't last long doing that very much Kent:eek1..... Hell it is only $$$$$:clap. Sounds like a good time.
  10. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Rained yesterday in the southwest Mitt but today is spectacular. I'm having lunch at the Stable Inn which is just south of Grand Haven. The Coast Guard Festival is going on. Even with all the ladies in daisy dukes the town is too busy for me. It's like a big pirate fest without the pirates. :rofl
  11. CharlieT

CharlieT old school

Oddometer:
    Starting to notice a trend here. Virtually every ride report involves where and what the person had to eat. I think we are seeing the oldgoat's RTE influence here.

:ricky:dg:ricky:dg:ricky:dg:ricky
  12. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    I hate staying home so I eat out alot. I ride my bikes everyday so RTEs are a normal, daily ritual. It's rough but someone has to do it. :wink:
  13. CharlieT

CharlieT old school

Oddometer:
    You know old goat, Ted has a degree in Journalism and has written for national magazines, covered international races, etc. Maybe you two should collaborate on a book......"The Old Goat's Definitive Guide to RTE's in Michigan".
  14. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    I aint no stink'n old goat yet you pony tailed hippie head. We'll need a different title. Besides Michigan doesn't have enough really good places to eat to fill anymore than a page or two. Now Texas, that's a different story. If Ted really wants to pen a RTE journal he should hook up with this guy......http://ridetoeat.com/
  15. kentnothstine

kentnothstine Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I picked up another set of wheels and put some Avon Distanzia I had on them. Lol
  16. GatorDoc

GatorDoc Boot

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the welcome! You guys are welcome to visit my neck of the woods anytime - I live and work in the Whitehall/Montague area, mostly. Should be moving soon, but plan to stay in the general area.

I'm riding a Tiger 800, got it while I was stationed on Pendleton and like it even more now that I've had the pleasure of enjoying our fine Michigan roads on it.:lol3
  17. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
    Good to hear man. I'll be up in Mackinac from the 11th to the 16th when I start my 2 day ride home. I have to be in Holland at 2pm on the 17th to work. I'll hit you up to see if you can ride.
  18. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
    Good call. I'm in love with this DR350 and if I ride it as much as I think I will I might do the same.

For now I'm running the Michelin T63 which is cheap enough to find middle ground.
  19. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:

So that splains' it then. Sort of a motard:D
  20. exoff-roadgoat

Oddometer:
    If and when we go for a ride we'll have to do a bike swap. I think you'll enjoy another 300ccs. Unless you've been doing Weight Watchers since I saw you last I think the bigger DR would be a better fit. The little DR is a better technical bike but for our kind of riding the big boy is the better bike. As an added bonus we have the Doctor of DR650s just down the street, MXRob. :clap