Binger, Ok

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by berkly, Sep 9, 2008.

1. berkly

berkly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Who knew Oklahoma had a mini Moab in its own back yard. The Rusty machetes rode out 152 to explore the red slickrock and sandy roads Binger had to offer.

[​IMG]

It took us about 45 mins to ride west out of mustang to here

[​IMG]

Actually this is where we ended our first trail ride. We began the rough stuff here after about 15 on sandy/slickrock roads.

[​IMG]

Seems like some big road grader had gouged large scratches in the rock before it just crumbled.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My riding jacket was a little warm for all this.
    [​IMG]

We found a bypass through the woods and broke out the rusty machetes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some more deep sand runs/hairpin turns and rocky ruts, we came upon this steep sand climb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We went into town for lunch and a little break.

Afterward we went searching for more killer tracks only to find nothing that compared to the mornings ride. We rode some more slick rock trails back but wound up finding 152 again and heading back home.

[​IMG]

WHo knew all these great roads were out there. We'll definately go back in the near future.
  2. Krabill

Krabill Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a cool spot. I had no idea it was there. I will definitely be making a trip out there to do some exploring. Thanks for the report!
  3. dickosaurus

dickosaurus Geezer Coalition Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cool. Who would have thought it? Just may have to sneak down there a-looking. And how does the rider of the 800 GS like the new bike in such conditions?