Klim Badlands Pro Jacket & Pants - Gore-Tex Adv Shell (photos)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Feb 20, 2011.

1. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys,

UPDATE: Below is our latest video review featuring the New Badlands Jacket and Pants.

Last Generation:

UPDATED: Here is our video review of the Klim Badlands Pro Jacket and Pants

Here is a first look of the Klim Badlands Pro Jacket and Pants outfit to the adventure lineup from Klim. They did a surprise unveil this weekend at Indy.

I got to spend some time in it and it is going to be a huge win when it comes out late Fall 2011. Its a more cross-over oriented hard-core 4-season gore-tex shell at $849 vs the $1200 Adventure Rally Jacket.

The Rundown:

4 Season Gore-Tex Pro-Shell Armacore Exterior with the waterproof / breathable membrane built into the shell with Gore-Tex Stretch Panels on the shoulder blades. Extreme Durability - offroad rugged yet refined IMO.

Nuances:

Built in Kidney Belt and hidden Passport pocket.

Black and Silver Color options.

Slightly lighter weight than the Adventure Rally

Deflexion Armor / Mesh Chest Plate by DOW

Included d3o Armor with a next gen d30 T5 13mm backpad.

Fit:

I still wear a large and it is an enduro style cut, but I feel as it is more streamlined for crossover riding and slightly more tapered than the Adventure Rally - but in a good way.

Conclusion: It will be hardcore all-season Adventure ready - off the hanger. It's up to you to add the appropriate layer.

Video Review and hi-res shots to come shortly. (apologies for the candids tonight) I am 5'9" 175lbs wearing a large.

[​IMG]

Back

[​IMG]

Video Review and hi-res shots to come shortly.

Here is the full spec sheet from Klim.

[​IMG]

Happy to answer any questions as usual. Klim mentioned that this item was about 95% at this point, but there may be subtle changes before it ships late Fall.

NEW EDIT - HIS-RES Shots

Here are some hi-res shots of the Klim Badlands Pro Pants & Jacket

[​IMG]

Back

[​IMG]

Anthony
  2. soph9

soph9 Would Love to ride ALL the TIME

Oddometer:
    looks great what about the new Latitude...did you see that new jacket?
  3. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    Late fall shipment is a bad thing for me. Lemme run some further testing or some other shit. I need one of these very quickly for an upcoming trip.
  4. soph9

Oddometer:
    feel free to lend us 2 Latitudes for our summer trip and we will make sure to give feed back or the Badlands so KLIM gets them right for release in the fall. :freaky
  5. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,

Here are some candids of the Klim Latitude Jacket.

Working a full write-up and initial impression, but here are the shots if you are jonesing for them... should be doing s full review and video soon.

It's a big step up from the Traverse, includes CE armor and the fit is a road fit which is more tapered than the Badlands Pro, not built to need room for an offroad compression armor suit. (The Traverse is an enduro cut).

This fit was what really hit me first. The touring crew is going to love this one. Working on a thread review for the Latitude.

[​IMG]

Back

[​IMG]

You guys are such gear geeks. I love it.

Anthony
  6. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Eddy,

I think the cat got out of the bag a bit early on this one. We are all going to suffer waiting on this one until the Fall :-(

Anthony

7. soph9

Oddometer:
    Anthony I think the Latitude is exactly what we have been searching for....I have high hopes since we have been wearing KLIM gear since December....I know what it feels like now and i am really looking forward to your video!
  8. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    I agree Leslie. It will fill a void for the tech shell that allows for a la cart layering of the rider's choice.

It also looks cool as hell.

Anthony

9. soph9

Oddometer:
    I can tell you like it...you are smiling quite a bit in your picture...even if this is not out until the fall...our Traverse will do just fine over the summer...I really love that suit to my surprise. it can only get better if KLIM has been listening and reading and it sure looks like they have! Great news!
  10. Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    From what I can see, it's just a little over a hundred dollars per logo.

Such a deal....
  11. AndyCap

AndyCap Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer:
    It makes your hips look big. There is no way i would ever where that. My hips are already big. So non-flattering.
  12. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    any pricing on the latitude?

... i see $549 from your other thread.
    that's is gonna be a good seller for them.

i don't see that jacket being that much slimmer than badlands as the velcro adjusts are all tight in the pic.
  13. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    any pants???
  14. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ahh, Shit. Now, you've done it. Looks like Klim fixed the things I had issues with on the Adventure, but kept the stuff I loved:clap

Where's the venting on this? In your picture, is the black armacor?

Too bad about the d30. Do you know if T-Pro will now fit in the pockets with the enlarged elbow? Any chance for some closeups on this chest armor?

I don't see what looked like storm cuffs in that other video. Does this have storm cuffs (hope not)?
  15. Dagny_Taggart

Dagny_Taggart John Galt - 2020

Oddometer:
    Looks great, Klim... please consider some in women sizes. ESPECIALLY PANTS.

Just saying...

Thanks for posting... love your gear videos.
  16. soph9

Oddometer:
    Anthony said that on the Latitude jacket there are hip gussets which will totally help for females out there wanting to wear this gear without over sizing too much....as for the pants...we shall see....if this suit was out today I would buy it in a heart beat. I have been totally loving my Traverse but this Latitude adds the things I have been criticizing sense riding with the Traverse like more side pockets the ability to adjusts the arms etc...the hip gussets is such a plus and 2 colour choices!
  17. pfuey

pfuey Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You say the Traverse is a 4-season jacket. Does that mean it has a removable liner? If so, do you know temp it's rated to?
  18. soph9

Oddometer:
    I made it into a 4 season suit by using my own simple layers....really cold I use LDComfort underwear and my Gerbing heated liner and Gerbing gloves. That is it...as long as you stay dry and warm its all good. I rode this winter down to -8.5 Celsius and was still comfy and it was my feet that got a little cold. All I have ever wanted in a suit was something where I get to choose the layers but has great waterproofing on the outside and that is is comfortable and lean.
  19. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys -

Remember it's still 7 months away....

Here are some hi-res shots of the Badlands Pro Jacket and Pants

[​IMG]

Back

[​IMG]

Will be answering questions shortly, a bit under the gun this morning..

Anthony
  20. soph9

Oddometer:
    looks great! Hi res of the Latitude coming next? BTW...I have a lot of time on my hands right now...hence all the posts...had knee surgery on Friday and this is all i am supposed to be doing for another few days....is hanging out!:lol3