Texas- Roll The Bones Rally!!!

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by ghostrider1964, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ghostrider1964

ghostrider1964 Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer:
    ATTENTION all ADV Riders of TEXAS and the WORLD!!!

The ROLL THE BONES RALLY is a GO!
    The Link:
    http://rollthebonesrally.com/

WHEN: OCTOBER 29-31, 2010
    WHERE: The CIRCLE T, HAMILTON, TEXAS

http://www.circletarena.net/

Here is hotel link:
    http://inn-at-circle-t.com/

This will be the anouncing thread and I will keep everyone up to date from here.

The Circle T hotel has 45 rooms blocked for us at reduced rate. $99 for double queens and king rooms, $109 for King Suite. These are nice rooms, probably nicest in the county Tell them you are with the ROLL THE BONES Rally...This place will fill up so make your reservations quick.

The Circle T has 49 RV sites with hookups for $20.00 a night. Reservations for the RV sites can be made by calling 254-386-3559 ask for Mecca or Jenifer.

Tent camping is free with showers and restrooms.

The Circle T was chosen for it amenities and proximity to some of the finest county roads in TEXAS both dirt and pavement. Road guides will be made available at check in. We will also try to rate them so riders will have an idea what they are in for. Some pics of the area are located in this thread...
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546085
    Registration will be done as we finalize the details of this event, it will be based on level of involvement. Registration will be based on whether one chooses to go to catered dinner, buy a Tshirt, etc...all of these are being finalized
    Here is listing of folks coming...

THE "IN" bunch
    1) ME PAID
    2)SLowOldGuy PAID
    3)Dahveed PAID
    4)GSBigDAVE PAID
    5)FlyBY75
    6)KiLeR650 PAID
    7)FotoTex PAID
    8) WF_Jester PAIDx2
    9)TRIP PAID
    10)Roadwhore
    11)Scobib+1 PAIDx2
    12)CODYY PAID
    13)Red Leader PAID
    14)Madbrit PAID
    15)Larry 77084
    16)Andrew T+1 1PAID
    17)Rick M PAID
    18)Stingraysktm PAID
    19)Impact0411 PAID
    20)biga PAID
    21)KLR_Woody
    22)Mudclod PAID
    23)Toltec PAID
    24)MR2MCH PAID
    25)VonHelm PAID
    26)Has Been PAID
    27)tastethesoup
    28)smalltowntx
    29)D'artagnan PAID
    30)AndrewT PAID
    31)Zzooomm PAID
    32)VetRider PAID
    33)Cool Fool PAID
    34)Texwerks PAID
    35)SprocketTX PAID
    36)MikeinSA PAID
    37) Shady Smurf PAID
    38)Fossus+1 PAID
    39)JakeKV PAID
    40)Scottros PAID
    41)MJO849 PAID
    42)Odiegreen73 PAID
    43)Stan817 PAID
    44)Ninthlord PAID
    45)SgtH PAID
    46)Vagabondtx PAID
    47)DoctorDR PAID
    48)Tsotsie PAID
    49)BigBeemerBob PAID
    50)thelawnguy PAID
    51)nephew2:rofl SOG said too! PAID
    52)Izz PAID
    53) The Texican PAID
    54)Hapsq PAID
    55)RideDualSport.com PAID
    56)WoodButcher PAID
    57)Waco Kid
    58)Freddyman
    59)Primate PAID
    60)WaylandC PAID
    61)WhiskeySmith PAID
    62)Bell47Pilot PAID
    63)RLCanon PAID
    64)MsBehave PAID
    65)Justbob PAID
    66)ScottieH PAID
    67)Miike1 PAID
    68)Daris Pakar PAID
    69)Chevalier+1 PAIDx2
    70)Cagiva549 PAID
    71)Avanderlee PAID
    72)HardyBaker PAID
    73)JacknTx PAID
    74)Rockmantex PAID
    75)Ekms377 PAID
    76)Norbx40 PAID
    77)DangerboyPAID
    78)Mudmissle PAID
    79)GaryinTexas PAID
    80)RG PAID
    81)Jbay PAID
    82)Mad Kaw
    83)Trey3
    84)Sasquatch98PAID
    85)BigDon PAID
    86)SirDave
    87)Blaisew PAID
    88)Eric2 PAID
    89)A$$hole PAID
    90)Iphorde
    91)Troyintexas
    92)GL1800 PAID
    93)

PROBABLE::1drink
    1)WoodButcher..IN LIKE FLINT
    2)Texas Shadow
    3)Hardy Baker MOVING ON UP...
    4)JBay
    5)Waco Kid YEPPERS IN!

Provisional::huh
    1)The Paco

KINDA SORTA:dunno
    1)Dan-C
    2)Rockfish Dave

Link to some of the roads:
    ttp://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=30.536538,-98.584099&spn=0.193391,0.413017&z=12&msid=112716355273119241896.000479b4b905703969e2f

Here is the art for the shirts...
    [​IMG]

Don't miss it
  2. The_Paco

The_Paco Coffee in Noisy End

Oddometer:
    So 205. :lol3
  3. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    If you mean FM 205, yeah. Sure. That's the best we got. :evil Come down some weekend and we'll show you a road or two you might like a little better. They ain't much ...but we kinda like them and they might just keep your attention.

Ghost is the go to guy on this shindig but he'll have some help from some folks with lots of local knowledge. Some of these roads are paved goat-paths. Some are sweepers. Some, well.........I've been riding these roads for over 30 years and last weekend I went down some I had never seen that will be on the list.

We'll try to come up with routes that are street only, mixed, and more than 75% dirt. Entertaining is the goal.

Look. We ain't trying to over-sell here. Most of us have ridden all of Texas, Arkansas and NM and AZ , CO, and UT, and the Appalachians. We know what is out there. And we know what we like. Twisties, rhythmic sweepers, decent scenery, less-traveled dirt, little traffic. We have some roads in our own backyard that may be worth a look. But maybe not. You can judge. ;) I know we'll have a good time lining out the routes over the next few months. I'm starting in the morning.

Fast boys from the metromess and Abilene have been coming down here for decades. They just don't know where to find all of the best stuff. ;)

By the way...FM205 is a parking lot. Just a way to get to a good road. Just sayin'. Come on down and check it out. I'll buy you a soda pop. ;)
  4. scooterhose

scooterhose Dare to Win Well

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  5. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Hey, scooterhose . Would you and your significant other want to contribute to the dirt ride routes? I know y'all know some KilLEr dirt roads.

I'm thinking rough boundaries as far south as Pearl and Izoro, Goldthwaite, maybe Mother Neff, West to Dublin Comanche-ish, North to Paluxy, Stephenville, maybe Palo Pinto . East to Waco, Glen Rose.

At least McLennan, Hamilton, Coryell, Bosque, Mills, Erath, Somervell, Comanche counties. Maybe Parker, Hood, Palo Pinto. pm me what ya got on the must see list. I'd like 200-250 mile dirt loops (even 300-350 for the combined dirt and street) .

Street only will be wider ranging. Road to Zephyr has to be on it. Maybe 580 from Bend to Lampasas. Those two nice sections of 4. And 51 and 1238 of course. But everybody knows about all of those. And lots and lots of mr2mch's best paved goat-trails to hook them together, just to make it interesting. ;)

Dang. This routing stuff could get fun. ;)
  6. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Bosque CR 3137 is pretty tough road, like SOG said, I have road bikes in the Appalachians, Colorado, New Mexico, UTah and Arizona....Adventure sometimes is just in your backyard if ya know where to look:1drink We are smck dab in some of the best dualsport roads in Texas and few even know:deal
  7. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Add me to the attending list. I have been riding the roads around Hamilton for over 30 years, so if I can be of help, let me know. Circle T sounds like a Great choice.

As a photographer by trade, maybe I will document the rally for all of us.
  8. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Welcome aboard. Try to put a list of your favorite sections of roads and get them to me or dangerboy. We went out today for 325 miles of recon. It was hot. Just got home. Found some good stuff. We just have to link them all together as entertaining-ly as possible.
  9. VonHelm

VonHelm corona ring

Oddometer:
    Barrel racing with a Volvo?:D
  10. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is this about enertaining the riders or about making the rides enertaining? Or both?
  11. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Well I can't sing or dance. I'm not at all attractive. I was thinking we'd just try to have some entertaining routes. But hey. I could try to work up a little Jerry Jeff set with a little Tom Waits thrown in.

Contrary to ordinary, even as a child, some say I stay out too late , but the full moon still drives me wi-i-ld. But stories they will come true, ya just gotta live your life in episodes, and keep one eye on a good lady, and always one eye still on that open road.
  12. bigdave-gs

bigdave-gs Been riding longer than a lot have been alive !

Oddometer:
    I have arranged a barrel race up on the top arena with prizes to be awarded. It is just like the barrel races that they do with horses except with motorcycles and plastic barrels. Timing light will be running, so get your hard dirt turning faces on.:evil
  13. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Foto, It is about BOTH! Ride we will! It will be a chance for you to meet fellow riders, observe fellow riders, Eat, Drink and be Merry:freaky Too many times, I fall in with riders that are not my style, we all do not ride alike. Ride with different groups, meet people that you will RIDE THE WORLD with:deal
  14. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Reservations just made. Lady could not have been nicer. This should be great and the weather is perfect for riding then.
  15. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Looks like Fajitas will be the fare for Saturday Supper. Those opposed will be free to dine in the outstanding restaurant:deal or pursue other endeavors of repast:freaky
  16. FotoTEX

FotoTEX Long timer

Oddometer:
    Your efforts are appreciated. Will there be a entry fee? Should be.
  17. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:
    Fees are going to be based on what each person wants. Basic entry fee to get in will most likely be about $5-10 a head. Meals, Tshirts, stickers, & patches will be priced accordingly so no one has to break the bank:deal I also am planning to have live band Saturday night. The meal Saturday night will be Fajitas. Domestic draft beer will be $1 a glass which is a deal. Inmates may have their own alcohol in the camp area and hotel.

ALL MONEY COLLECTED WILL BE USED FOR THE RALLY and to support ADVrider! Remaining funs will be donated to Baldy to fund the site:deal

I will have to have prepayment on all items purchased. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to finance all the shirts etc before the rally. Artwork is underway for the logo. Once I have pricing, I will post up what we are looking at.
  18. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    http://inn-at-circle-t.com/

Here's a link for the hotel itself.

Ghost , I don't think $5-10 will scare anybody off. Do some checking before you make that official.

Maybe you can add the hotel link to the first post.
  19. ghostrider1964

Oddometer:

Done!
  20. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    Monica is who y'all need to ask for when ya call. She asked if I was coming for the biker rally. :huh I asked her if she could please start calling it an Adventure Rider Rally. :deal