Yooperbikemike's 2014 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 10, 2013.

1. sprocketjock

sprocketjock Long timer

Oddometer:
    The authors attempt at calling Rossi a homosexual.
  2. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    Aside from the fact that it's not actually true, how would that affect the development of the Ducati if it were?

:lurk :lurk :lurk :lurk
  3. sprocketjock

sprocketjock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well my only guess is that if it were indeed true, Rossi's main concern with the bike would have been to make it look fabulous. That picture is just an elementary attempt to stir a pot.
  4. sprocketjock

sprocketjock Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know it was only day 1 and you can't place any bets yet but the proddy Honda is raising a few eyebrows around the world it seems. I'd hate to see Nicky even further back all year than he was on the TT.
  5. DougZ73

DougZ73 Fading off.........

Oddometer:
    Perhaps they are comparing Rossi to a skinny cigarette, like the term used in England, or its non offensive meaning of a twig/bundle of sticks??:lol3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot
  6. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    There were some interesting comments from Nicky, saying they had the bike at full power pretty much everywhere and that it was not fast enough. He did say things might be different on another track.

I am surprised by how much attention it is getting and even Honda's initial reaction, almost conceding the bike is slow. Their benchmark was the Aprilia? Really? Shameful. :D
  7. sprocketjock

sprocketjock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Shameful indeed! Looks like Aleix isn't a fool after all.
  8. wiseblood

Oddometer:
    Not an "elementary" attempt. More like, a puerile, homophobic (and just plain sad) attempt.

Whoever made that should update their sense of humor. The 1970's were a long, long time ago. Statistically speaking, it's all but certain that there are homosexual racers in the three MotoGP classes. And, even the slowest of them are a fair bit faster than whomever made that "joke." :deal
  9. wiseblood

Oddometer:

Is that why you said:

Because a motorcycle developed by a skinny cigarette is funny? :lurk
  10. DougZ73

Oddometer:
    yes, yes it is.

I found Cal's bubble to be the really funny part.
  11. sailor22

sailor22 Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer:
    Supo attempting some damage control on GPone. Looks like Honda made the same mistake they did in Moto3. Assuming other manufacturers would fall into line behind them.

Those Stoner times are looking more and more like bogus smoke and mirrors.
  12. wiseblood

Oddometer:

Riiiiiight. :*sip*

Anyone who found the other part "funny" should have the guts to own it. If you're a 1970's throwback gay-basher, at least don't be a chickenshit about it. Because, then you're the REAL "faggot." :deal
  13. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I couldn't believe Suppo even left the door open for a higher spec motor. Very un-Honda-like.

The non-English Euro press is making Hayden's criticisms much stronger than the English versions.
  14. DougZ73

Oddometer:
    Actually, I did not know who was being called a faggot..until the 7 other posts started mentioning Rossi. I did not care about that part, nor who is or is not a fag...doesn't affect me, so I don't care either way.

As I stated before, the funny part is Cal bitching about the Ducati. Look back as much of MY GP thread posting, and you'l see I am a Nicky fan, and have detest for Ducati, and how they have always treated Nicky as a number 2, the entire time he has been there. Take the time to research what I am saying...you'll see my opinion on things.:deal

So no chicken shit here, no gay bashing, and no back pedaling. If you don't believe me, I really don't give an F..again...doesn't affect me either way.
  15. sailor22

sailor22 Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer:
    Hasn't American Honda has ponied up a big portion of Nicky's salary thinking there would be some good promotional value in his riding a Honda. Would love to hear some of the phone calls from American Honda to Honda International.
  16. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:

:1drink
  17. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    I really was surprised that so much was made over it, but I don't think anyone expected the Honda to be worse than the Ducati. :eek1

Having Nicky and Redding riding around in 17th and 19th isn't going to do anyone any good. Not Honda, not Dorna, nobody.
  18. Assfault

Assfault Exposed Member Supporter

Oddometer:
    Michigan from the Rocky Mountain High Country
    Wiseblood,
    This is a MotoGP thread. If you have something to contribute towards that subject, then please do.
    Calling people names is for the basement, take it down there.

I think Hayden will give his honest opinion of the bike, and I would also suspect his bike will be faster come race day. This is the first test, and nobody will want to have to answer for why the bike is under powered on that day. I say give it a little time, hopefully for Honda, they will see it wont be good for them if they arn't at least in the top 10.
    Just seeing Cal's face tells alot about what is still going on over in the Ducati camp.
  19. DougZ73

Oddometer:
    It is really going to be piss me off. My only happiness being that it seems some of the CRT's are doing better than the Duc's.

Edit: well CE anyway.
  20. HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz Long timer

Oddometer:
    The race broadcast director needs to add a fuel gauge to the throttle/brake/rpm/lean angle graphics overlay.
    I suspect we will see riders short shifting their way around the track to conserve fuel, and won't that be exciting?