Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. auguzt

auguzt get on with it

Oddometer:
    The Tech3 have semi-factory status and they're running their own software. Next year they will have the 2014 M1. They are the equivalent in Yamaha to LCR and Gresini teams that are backed up from HRC. I don't think the "factory MotoGP" will be overtaken many times from the "non-factory prototypes".
    Honda production racers will compete against the 2013 M1 based bikes, both with Magneti Marelli developed software.
    We'll see Ducati where will end up, while Aprilia is still a question mark...
  2. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    "What if" is hard to prove, as there is no bike-swapping for our enjoyment, so it's hard to say if this rider would be this fast on that bike.

I watched Bautista push a Suzuki :eek1 up near the front and now watch him having great battles with Rossi. To say that he's useless is a little harsh I think.
    Bradl has been pretty impressive at times too.

IMO if you put those two on the big bikes they'd be on podiums more than not, if the 3 regulars were on lesser bikes.
    These guys are phenoms; plain and simple (most of them). The difference in ability and motivation (if there is any) might be a percent or two if there was a way to quantify it.

Cheers,
    Erik
  3. sailor22

sailor22 Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer:
    For a heaver rider the fuel advantage of the prody bikes could make up for some of the power and electronic shortcomings relative factory bikes.
  4. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bautista belongs there. He's been very fast lately now the his suspension system has been improved. He's not on Ohlins like the other Honda's are. It hurt him at first but they are making headway now.

I think Bradl is still learning. He knows he's not where he should be.

5. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    Both are hampered by inferior brakes, too.

Hopefully Aspar can get the good brakes for their bikes. :wink:
  6. Kropotkin

Kropotkin Big Girl's Blouse Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'll be at Valencia, but I'm 99.9% sure he didn't. They got along when they were teammates, but they weren't buddies. I don't expect he would have Stoner's phone number.
  7. ErikY.

ErikY. Here, Now.

Oddometer:
    Or they can get a cheap loan from Crutchlow!
  8. DogBoy

DogBoy Not a Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I think this is all Swimmer's attempt to get Pedrosa's phone number.
  9. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Trying to get DP off a MGP bike and onto a Kentucky Derby ride?

Then again I don't think Danny is big enough to be a jockey. :rofl
  10. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    :eek1
  11. Mike Yanagita

Mike Yanagita Gurgling bloody mess

Oddometer:
    Lordy, it's always "Uccio" this and "Puig's cabin boy" that.

Musta been a lot of naked towel-snapping in the locker room among a few here.
  12. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't see Nick consulting CS27. He is his own man and has plenty of people get the answers he needs to make such a decision. Plus, he gave Honda a couple of championships. There are people there to help him make judgements.
  13. RowBust

RowBust Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ah 1 championship and how many wins? 3 I believe in how many years?, put him on the best bike and he'd still come 8th
  14. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:

sprocketjock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh no you didn't.
  16. Rd650

Rd650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I believe Nicky won a superbike championship for Honda in the states in 2002. Not Moto GP though.
  17. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Honda was motoGP champ in 2006(?) ... quite a bit of drama around it, but yeah he was world champ in motogp.
  18. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
    Yeah on the RC 51 or Sp 1 as we call it here in Oz. Yep it was 2006 he just managed it after Rossi binned it in Assen ? and Pedrosa knocked him off in the dying laps of ....was,nt it the same race was it? Not Sure. But he sure Did win the 2006 Championship and put out a repsol CBR 1000 RR bike in his honer. He Also won PI in 2005.
  19. Pecha72

Pecha72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pedro torpedoed Nicky out of the race in Portugal in 2006, and this was right before the season finale at Valencia (and let´s not get into that, ok....) This had given Rossi a tiny lead in the championship, but he threw it away, when he crashed in the race, and remounted to finish 13th. Nicky won the title by finishing 3rd that day.

Interestingly, Rossi had been beaten to the line by Toni Elias in Portugal, and they were separated by just 0.002 seconds – so, had Rossi been a mere 0.003 seconds faster to the line in that race, he would have won it, taken 5 more points, and then taken the championship as well, because he would have been tied with Nicky on points after Valencia, but VR had more race wins. But not taking anything away from Nicky, he´s a MotoGP world champion, and everyone who´s done it, has deserved it.
  20. RichBeBe

RichBeBe All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer:
    Way too many ifs that year and any year if the championship is close. If Edwards wouldn't have fallen...
    <IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uq1lIah0cXw" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>