Radioman Rides the World.......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Radioman, May 19, 2011.

1. TrashCan

TrashCan Scary Jerry

Oddometer:

:thumb
  2. SavannahCapt

SavannahCapt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow! If I ever get to do something along the lines of your adventure, you are a big part of the inspiration. Thank you and congratulations on your latest milestone.
  3. fraser2312

fraser2312 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mark.

You truley are an inspiration. Thank's for taking us on this incredible journey so far. It's been emotional.
  4. MortimerSickle

MortimerSickle Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Rainville, Orygun, where moss is a road hazard.
    Hey Mark, while you are waiting for your upcoming cruise, here is a little geographically appropriate mood music- or something. :D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bNvKOzg03Es" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  5. BluNozr

BluNozr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. Airhead Wrangler

Airhead Wrangler Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats Mark! We're still following along from up here in Mexico. Keep the excellent RR coming. :clap
  7. aussie_explorer

aussie_explorer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    F5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5...........
  8. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3 No churning the views. Was a pleasure meeting a fellow rider, especially one riding a KLR250 from NewFoundland to Ushuaia :clap

Congrats on a fine achievement of making it safely to the end of the world and enjoy the antarctic!!

Meet Michael. He carried this EMU beer from Western Australia to celebrate his arrival in Ushuaia!! Congratulations!! You certainly earned it!!

[​IMG]

His blog you can find here:

mikesmotorcyclemisadventures.blogspot.com

9. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Super cool, Mark!! :clap:clap

Are you going to go check out the Dakar?
  10. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    I know what you mean. My Family and Friends know who Radioman is as the name comes up at least ones per week.
    and I never met him in person (yet). If your ever in PA, I will try my best to take you for a ride on some of the Trans PA Trail. Maybe you can have a reunion with Mo Bill since he lives a hundred or so miles from me.
  11. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Not sure yet. I ends in Santiago on Jan 20th...... Not sure if I will want to "rush" back up there to catch the ending as there are many things to see and do along the ride north!! (not to mention that it is a couple thousand miles to get there from here. With the Andies, Ruta 40, Carreterra Austral, etc

:wave Larryboy
  12. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

I hear ya buddy, don't rush, take your time and soak it in. :deal
  13. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    This was you last year. :thumb

Hope all is well.
  14. Mr. Vintage

Mr. Vintage Family Dude Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congrats Mark! The fun part of achieving one milestone is you get to set your sights on the next one. Take care.
  15. Smithee

Smithee Head Bottle Washer

Oddometer:
    Amazing summary of the ride to date Mark. I'm sorry I missed the 2011 Hells Canyon Gathering, otherwise we'd have met then. Aside feom the amazing milestones of your journey (mileage, easternmost, westernmost and now in the south) the friends you've made along the way are, in my mind, the best testament to you and your approach to life. I'm looking forward to the next installment, wherever it takes you.
  16. Montek

Montek Eternal Noob

Oddometer:
    radioman, congrats:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

what an adventure! what a ride!!!!hard to sum up this whole rr in words cuz awesome just doesn't say it all nor descibe it all. not sure there are exact nouns, verbs, and "äjjtives" to really say it - and thanks for taking us with you, epically wonderful!

Monte
  17. sandsman

sandsman Shut up and ride!!!!

Oddometer:
    Well done Mark.......I follow you every day, and look for your updates. :D
  18. Radioman

Oddometer:
    USHUAIA. Has been a great experience getting here! It is a huge milestone for me on this journey.... But like life, it keeps on going ahead, and now the excitement on arrival is a good memory!

I now have some extra rest days here in Ushuaia before my ship to Antarctica. Lots of time to walk about this little town and explore.

Walking along the waterfront.

[​IMG]

Fresh air, lots of boats to look at it in the harbor..... Will be boarding one soon.

[​IMG]

Argentinean Navy boats in the harbor. The Falkland Islands or Las islas Malvinas are not far away, which is still an issue that you here about. The "Malvinas" signs are around as it was disputed territories, and of course a major conflict with Argentina and UK in the 1980's.

[​IMG]

Lots of places pointing out that this is a long way from everything!

[​IMG]

Christmas decorations are all around....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Santa cruising through town on the back of a firefighter truck...

[​IMG]

HAd some great meals with Dick and Diana and Ken.

[​IMG]

Fresh King Crab....

[​IMG]

On the night before their departure my Kiwi Friends had a couple gifts for me!!

[​IMG]

A slightly used book for my upcoming cruise, and a NZ 20 cent coin. (It occurred to me that they had just given me lot more than the regular .02 Cents worth :lol3) :clap :clap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our Host Javier is awesome!! He cooked us an amazing BBQ as a send off.

[​IMG]

Lots of excellent meat grilled to perfection!! :tb :dg

[​IMG]

Cheers to an amazing accomplishment and making it safely to Ushaia! And the amazing friends that you meet along the way!

[​IMG]

The next morning. Dick and Ken packed up for the last leg back up to Buenos Aires to ship the bikes home. Diana will fly home from here!

[​IMG]

Bikes all ready to go.....

[​IMG]

Just one last ride over the tricky exit to the B&B (right Ken :D)

Dick and Diana!! Parting kiss and hug. What great folks they are!!

[​IMG]

And they are off....

[​IMG]

Few hours later Diana catches the cab to the airport

[​IMG]

I spent the last 14 days with Dick, Diana and Ken. What a wonderful time we had after a chance meeting at the hanging Glacier in Chile. What started out as a short ride together, turned it to an amazing time together. Not sure I can really explain what a blessing it was to meet, ride and share this part of my journey with them!! :deal and it will no be the last time I see then either :evil

Like all transitions of parting there are emotions and thoughts. I sit in the quiet B&B this am..... Back on my own. Smile on my face at the time spent with amazing people, but also peaceful, that as I continue this trip, there will be more people I meet and share with! :D

19. Radioman

Oddometer:
    Thanks iDave When I say I am on my own, it is not necessarily a bad thing. Just part of taking on a ride like this solo.

Of course sometimes it is a bummer, as I miss the life i shared with my late wife Chris. But have hope in the future to meet someone to share my life with as in a relationship and marriage. Those were some of the best days of my life! :deal

Glad it comes out in my RR. Of course these interactions and this ride change a persons views, perspectives and experiences. It is one thing to see the world, but to experience the connection to others is amazing!! Just my feelings that I need to share. Other rides are about the challenges and difficult roads to ride.
  20. AceRph

AceRph Retired slacker

Oddometer:
    :thumb

I love this RR, Mark. When the Good News thread in JM is quiet, I know that I'll always find the good news that I need here.

As for the missing glove & sunglasses, I've lost a whole bunch more than that in my garage. Besides, famous guys have their stuff lifted everyday. Some celebrity seeker way down there is showing the stuff off right now.

"See this glove & these glasses? They belonged to RADIOMAN!"
    "No way, man."

Happy holidays, my friend.