Interesting new tire tool.

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Stumpalump, Sep 2, 2012.

1. ramz

ramz Professional Trail Rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    I use Mefo Mousse, so the stand will be a big help. This is what I do now:

[​IMG]
  2. STANIMAL

STANIMAL SUPPORT THE SECOND

Oddometer:
    You know how to stay busy .
  3. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    So with 44 pages of posts with dozens of buyers, has anyone changed a real motorcycle tire using this tool? Including removal, and not just a 90mm tire with a 3in warm sidewall as soft as a condom.

I'm in the market for a tire changer and don't mind spending extra, but I'm not seeing it here yet.

Anyone... or know of any other vids to share?

Thanks
  4. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is at least one video in those 44 pages.
  5. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:
    I dare you to find it..:D

Seriously though, I looked through the posts on the weekend while guzzling some rum. I didn't see anything..

If this thing was so sweet and with all the advers who bought them, I figured youtube would be full of vids. A couple good vids on the net could sell thousands of these things. I could be a buyer as well, but I won't be until proof. I need to put new rubber on when the snow melts which is soon. Guess I'll buy elsewhere.
  6. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    Post 344 is kentnothstine changing his first tire, a 21". But seriously, this tool is a POS, why anyone would spend 10 bucks, let alone 100 amazes me. I've changed 6 tires with it since December and curse it ever time I use it. You def should buy something else. :-)
  7. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    Well Crap.

Now you tell us...:cry

PMR, this ain't April Fools day just yet is it?

Dirty
  8. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    :d
  9. Maggot12

Maggot12 U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer:

Ok... nothing against that poster but still no removal shown and another scratched up raw aluminum dirt bike front wheel installing a 90mm soft rubber tire..
    Again, no offense, but a pretty sad video to sell a 600 buck tire changer.

As mentioned, I wouldnt mind sending the distributer the necessary funds but this has to be proven... like some sort of sport bike tire change, both wheels, cold, from start to finish... maybe its too much to ask for someone selling tire changers to actually show changing a tire... :huh

perhaps its only for front wheeled off road tires...:dunno
  10. NortwestRider

NortwestRider TRIPOD ADVENTURER !!

Oddometer:
    I have not read all the posts,but I didn't realize it cost $600 !!!!.
    I've seen used real MC tire changers from shops that went out if biz for around that or cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    I can't speak for the package with the stand, but the tool, which is about a hundred bucks, does a much nicer job than irons when mounting a tire. If you use it correctly, no metal ever touches the rim. It pushes on the bead of the tire until it drops in, easy peasy. I have a regular changer with a mount/demount bar, kinda like a NoMar, but Are's tyre tool actually works better for mounting on Excel rims, and seems easier when there is a tube involved. But you still have to break the bead (not usually a problem on a tube type tire) and get the old tire off ( I use a couple irons with rim protectors - and I'm pretty picky about scratching rims). I think when Kent did that front, it was 40 degrees in his shop and he didn't use any lube. I've mounted 17, 18, 19 and 21" tires with Are's tool - it's much easier than irons (for the mounting) and no way you can pinch a tube.

If Are was over here, and I didn't have to pay the International shipping, I'd be tempted to buy his stand because it looks really cool. I'd love to see one on action (in person).

Are's really into motocross and motards, I doubt he changes a lot of street bike tires. But from what I've seen, it should work great on pretty much anything, but obviously breaking beads on some tubeliss tires can be a bigger job.
  12. wilson

wilson Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, PP Payment sent for one tool and both adaptors. Thanks for all your efforts for the group. I sent some extra $ for you :freaky. I appreciate it !
  13. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    Got it, thanks!

Ordered 100 Medium Flat Rate boxes today, I'm ready to let the shipping begin :D
  14. Surfer

Surfer Barley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    To quote my kids - "Are we there yet?" :lol3

The big question - is it going to show up before the cords on my rear tire? :eek1

thanks again...
  15. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the order that has been shipped is just tyre tools, no adapters. He said everything else would ship Tuesday. I was hoping to get half of these out the door right away. It looks like the first 40 guys pretty much ordered adapters also.
  16. foxtrapper

foxtrapper Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm in no rush. So, if you're standing there with one regular unit, trying to decide if you should ship it to me, or someone with cords showing, send it to cordy rider, and leave me waiting.
  17. ianbh

ianbh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No biggy! No sense double shipping. Ian
  18. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know you have lots on your plate, but please do not double ship...........I have to pay a receiving charge for every parcel.

Cheers
  19. PineyMountainRacing

Oddometer:
    I'll send the tools that are paid for of no adapters were in the order. The others ill wait until the adapters come in.

Speaking of paid, a rep from PayPal called me this morning, plus I got a follow up email. They've been watching my account and told me that if I keep getting payments as "gifts" they'll shut my account down. I explained that you are all family and that this isn't a profit generating enterprise. Plus we're paying, or Are is, their fees on the front side. Anyway, if you're getting ready to pay, do it regular and add the 3%, or mail me a check.
  20. ilbiker

ilbiker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Paymrent sent as regular PP with 3% added plus something extra for you... Thanks for doing this and your patience.