Mega Cool New Product-Antigravity Batteries

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Antigravity, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Antigravity

Antigravity Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The MICRO-START comes with its own chargers a mobile cigarette lighter type and a wall charger.. both are tiny...

It is NOT Lifepo4 chemistry like our regular batteries. It another type of Lithium and it can be used to jump start anything up to and including V8 trucks many times in a row easily, and then charge your electronics devices.
  2. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    Juan... that is a massively important point about the EFI...and the voltage needed to start vehicles now days. It is the same with many vehicles like UTVs and ATVs and those have CVT (constant variable transmisions) so you can't even bump start them anymore... It's getting to the point where you might have to carry and extra battery.

I also think they don't put big enough batteries in most bikes anymore to show they weigh less.... like the new KTMs have the YTX5s and they go bad right when you bring the bike out the door, and give the Adventures a YTZ10 size battery is silly... its and Adventure bike is should have a ton of amp hours for being out in the middle of nowhere... anyway I'm rambling..
  3. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    Heres a write up in the latest Dirt Wheels Magazine about the smaller unit the Micro-Start XP-3...The new ones are all black in color not white... those were the first models from many months ago.

[​IMG]
  4. mnsty

mnsty Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where in Torrance? That's where I am and I'd like to see one.
  5. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    PM sent.

I don't want to take away from the OP thread.
  6. Shov3BR

Shov3BR Tinkerer

Oddometer:
    Sorry this response is so late but we just returned from a ride to the Arctic Circle.

My post was in response to your post #6 where you state:

[Quote originally posted by Antigravity] I understand you are saying the Eeepad needs a 12v output ... but the fact is that they sell a USB charge cord (as you linked to on amazon) for the EeePAD would tend to disagree with your assessment...

Here is the reason... you cannot have 12v going out of a USB port. It is industry standardized at 5v for the specifications. There is no such thing as a 12v output USB port. Asus would not do anything contrary to industry standards nor would any electronics maker. So, IF the EeePad even has a USB cord that is made for it which is does... (http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Charger-Cable-EeePad-TF101/dp/B007GJR7GS)... I would then jump the conclusion that it can be charged by the USB standard of 5v. Furthermore it would be horrible if Asus made the only tablet that could not be charged by a USB cable which is also the standardized method of charging tablets and cell phones....

I think it can be charged by the 5 volt standard USB... if it was only able to be charged by a 12V it would have that proprietary tip going into a ROUND tip because that is a standard for 12v outputs too, though they have different sizes...I would suggest you buy that cable they sell on amazon and test this out... you would need that cable regardless for ease of charging on the road either way... I just has to be as I said because it just wouldn't make sense for Asus to get contrary to the entire industry.
  7. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    I'll be definitely getting one and will make sure any electrical goodies can be powered by a car charger (keeping it simple) and will replace the Acer windows tabs for something that does.
  8. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Any updates on this yet?

Need a tester? :deal:evil:D:1drink
  9. Recht

Recht Binge Thinker

Oddometer:
    Seems like a useful product to have, just ordered one.
  10. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    This is the even smaller XP-3 which will still charge your iPhone then start your V8 (or bike) multiple times!

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2822709551_ZzXTgNP?width=640&height=360&albumId=19616556&albumKey=qpjkNz"></iframe>
  11. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    Yes here is the update... the mold guys screwed up... they look nice but they made the wrong input for the C5 side...redoing the mold... very frustrating...
    [​IMG]
  12. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    These sound cool, but SAE connections are usually connected to the battery with relatively thin wire only suitable for lower draw. While these adapters would add convenience, wouldn't they overload these wires?
  13. Dorzok

Dorzok Long timer

Oddometer:
    answer this correctly and i'm in once the molders get their act together.
  14. Antigravity

Oddometer:
    So you understand.... this part is to connect to an 8 gauge wire harness we will be offering.... This 8 gauge harness will take the place of the normal Battery Tender type SAE harness.... this will allow a rider/driver to connect the Micro start directly to this harness if they ever have to start the bike. This way they do not have to take off the seat or try to get clamps to the battery... just plug in and jump start. So the reason for this little adapter is so that they can connect the charger directly to the 8 gauge harness and charge the battery if needed. It just eliminates having to have an SAE harness AND our seperate 8 gauge harness.... Cleans it up a bit.

A normal SAE cable would burn up trying to jump start through it.... so we will have the 8 gauge wire and they can put this tip on the charger to charge through the 8 gauge wire.... Hope I made sense... I will try to post the harness also...
  15. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Made perfect sense. I was under the impression it would be for use with existing battery tender type harnesses.

I'm not business man, but selling the adapters and the harness as a package only may be wise to avoid having those less than knowledgable types burn up their bikes.:eek1
  16. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Sign me up and let me know when you are ready for testing...
  17. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    +1
  18. danman

danman Tumbling Dice

Oddometer:
    Just ordered two, one for the bike and one for the wifes car. Lemme know when the quick connect pieces are available.
  19. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    I gotta have one of dees
  20. little foot

little foot seriously not serious

Oddometer:
    I recieved my order, but where is the handy case?? Is that an accessory??