What Did You Do To Your KTM Today?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by DeeGee, Apr 12, 2010.

1. srad600

srad600 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's been a pretty busy bike weekend. First I had to remove this cupped TKC80 and the bent up OEM front wheel...
    [​IMG]

Since I didn't want a good tube to go to waste, I pulled that from the wheel and put it into the new front combo, along with the front disks...Heidenau K60 & 1.85 Excel from Rad Manuf.

[​IMG]

New wheel came with well greased bearings and perfect spacers...fit right up. I then replaced my busted up rear rack. The original mounts cracked in two places, but were promptly replaced free of charge with beefier pieces.

[​IMG]

Next I had to wire in a fuseblock, I deceided to mount it in the glove box, right next to the existing one. There was alot of running wire, soldering, fitting, etc...the tasks were easy but it took forever. This added six new circuits (30a max each). There is no more room in the glovebox, but it all fit very well.

[​IMG]

The reason I wanted the added circuits is so that I could add some Aux lighting, run my gps and have room for some future grip heaters, etc. I decided to pick up the long range LED lights from Cyclops Motorsports. They came with a plug & play harness, which I modified slightly to work with my new fuseblock.

[​IMG]

They look great, and mounted right up to the BDCW triple mount intended for Rigids. I'm slightly concerned with clearance at full compression, but time will tell if I need to modify this setup. So far, so good. I then went out for a 100mile loop out to Hwy 1 and back to test everything out. Here's a shot of me setting the correct beam height for the lights. This is in the dimmed position (50% I think).

[​IMG]

:freaky
  2. beergut

beergut Thumper

Oddometer:
    Ive spent the last month totally going through the bike changing fluids, checking everything, adding a new fuel pump and CJ water pump kit, new battery...lots of small things, ignoring the carb. I went on the maiden voyage yesterday after almost 2 months of ownership for a quick 50 mile trip in 30deg weather. At idle, it runs just fine, but at 4k rpms, it falls flat on its face.

Time to look at the carbs. I knew I should have checked those also. :cry
  3. HeatXfer

HeatXfer Bad knees

Oddometer:
    Do the Angel Eyes block much light from the Hi & Lo beam bulbs? from the pictures it looks like the LED rings interfere with the light path from the bulbs to the parabolic reflectors. Do you see dark halos in the beams?
  4. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    I put white paint in one of the dimples on the rear preload adjuster so that I could more easily count the number of turns.
    [​IMG]

Yesterday I put on the new Seat Concepts cover and foam.
    [​IMG]
  5. advzebra

advzebra Adventurer

Oddometer:
    oil and filter change, first time for me!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    had a moment of panic when starting it up again - oil light didn't go off for that extra 2 seconds - then it sounded happy again!
  6. laramie LC4

laramie LC4 flying something...

Oddometer:
    CF decals on the leading edges of the fairing. saw some inmate had done it in one of the many posts i read before getting my bike. does a decent job of protecting the front fairing from all the trivial stuff and looks good in the process.

[​IMG]

laters,

laramie :beer
  7. zgfiredude

zgfiredude Long timer

Oddometer:
    Laramie, I was thinking of this exact thing myself.........great minds! :D
  8. Mr_Snips

Mr_Snips Husky BRAAAAAAAAP!

Oddometer:
    Got the material in today to make some better hinges for the gobi panniers...some 1000 dennier coated cordura nylon sewed up nice should be just the ticket.

Also got my new tires in.
  9. chrish4ku

chrish4ku Long timer

Oddometer:
    Added external temp gauge with remote sensor that I can actual read without scrolling through the damn dash "modes".... I mean why can't KTM show the TEMP and TRIP 1 stats at the SAME TIME!

[​IMG]

Cool gas cap decals and I wired an extra 12V outlet for my heated vest.
    [​IMG]

PIVOT PEGZ
    [​IMG]
  10. DustyWheels

DustyWheels Nomadic motorcyle traveller

Oddometer:
    can you enlighten us as to where you sourced the Temp Gauge and fuel cap decal
  11. JTMETZ54

JTMETZ54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  12. eebrumfi

eebrumfi eebrumfi

Oddometer:
    New Jesse's
    [​IMG]
  13. beergut

beergut Thumper

Oddometer:
    Very nice!
  14. Datan556

Datan556 2stroke a day keeps the doctor away

Oddometer:
    nope the main drain bolt. but its off though with half of the engine in shavings when i went through oil and stuck to magnet
  15. LateNate

LateNate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. chrish4ku

chrish4ku Long timer

Oddometer:

So Gas Cap Decal - Got from Scuderia in SF. or
    KTM Fuel Tank Cap Sticker @ KTM-parts.com

Temp gauge - I looked for ever for one that has the wire and is readable, and looks not like cheezy, and does not read Celsius. Amazon! Search
    Digital temperature meter with remote temp sensor by Buler

It can be mounted flush, or just stick it on and wire the probe up to the grill. I just used a little clear caulk to waterproof the thing and it is bullet proof.

$24.
  17. tfitch03

tfitch03 Turkey

Oddometer:
    Sea Horse 540 top case.

[​IMG]
  18. WallyWhirled

WallyWhirled Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I installed this lovely, hourglass figured beauty and promptly mounted her.

That orange stitching really makes it pop. Top is no-slip, sides are carbon.

[​IMG]

Many thanks to Seat Concepts for creating this very comfortable and very good looking LOW seat for my SE. :clap
  19. Lurkerlou

Lurkerlou Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Levers, clutch cover, rear rack, timing plug, brake tip, and a good winter flogging.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scott's triple clamp, CJ's sidestand relocator and some other goodies tomorrow then another afternoon snort.
  20. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    What levers?