The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    I was in Walmart tonight. Ipassed on a box of 100 ,380 Win White box, $35 is that a decent price? They had some 9mm also, but very limited. I felt that buying it because they had it would contribute to the problem. I wasn't thinking about buying ammo anyway.
  2. gofast1320

gofast1320 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tell him you know where another one is for only 4300.00 with a black pelican box. help him out. We'll tell him later how much he should have paid.
  3. Manuel Garcia O'Kely

Manuel Garcia O'Kely Back at last

Oddometer:
    Shipping on a single brick might exceed your savings. Just a thought.

I try and buy my ammo locally, but I have ordered it before, my most recent order is with Cabela's and is still in the mail. Everything seems to be on backorder - at least popular cheap range ammo in most calibers.

If you are willing to shoot off-brand, you might have more choices.

I wonder how long this panic is going to last or if absorbing millions of rounds into 'storage' every month is the new trend, ala hoarding gold...

With shipping what it is, seems to me best use of mail is for big shoots - like a weekend of trap shooting or the like when you know you will be using hundreds of rounds of big ammo.

Unless you are a 2-3x/week at the range man, in which case I'd assume you reload.
  4. potatoho

potatoho Cheese and Rice!

Oddometer:
    I just got a .22lr brick from Cabela's. It took a little over a week. My order was backordered and said 4+ weeks. I guess they got a shipment in early.
  5. xshanex

xshanex Been here awhile

Oddometer:

100x .380 goes for around that. Everything is so insane right now with people freaking out that its hard to be too into guns or shooting right now.

Every time I go to a shop to look at guns or ammo to buy it feels like I'm in Russia during communism as all I see are bare shelves, long lines, and paranoid customers angry they can't get what they want :lol3
  6. Beemer Bob

Beemer Bob Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can't reload steel cases. All of my 7.62X39 are steel mil surplus or just cheap stuff. It's not hard to go through a LOT of ammo with anything that shoots these.......

7. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    A lot of that surplus stuff also has the not friendly primer as well...so you can't really reload that as well.
  8. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    I got to break some clays with a KSG yesterday. Sorry, no photos, but most of you know what they look like. Overall, it seemed kind of cheap, was difficult to load, was a little awkward to shoot, and recoil, even with birdshot, was stout. It was fun though. While I can't justify the current price on them, if they ever came down to an affordable (to me) price, it would be an interesting addition to the collection.
  9. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the Lee turret press that others talked about, and use it quite a bit. I wanted something to reload the odd ball rifle cartridges I shoot, but did not want to spend an arm and a leg.

I have been REAL happy with the Lee setup, and I have loaded everything from 380 up to large centerfire rifle cartridges 7.62,54R, 7.5mm french....that kind of stuff and it has done all with no problem. I have also been real happy with the results that come out of the machine.

I think I got mine on sale at Cablels a year or so ago for around $120
  10. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    I've been holding out for one of those for a long time. I am on the list at my local gun store, but kel-tec is so far behind on making them that the list move slowly. I've been on it for over a year. :(

I find some solace in bad and mediocre reviews. They make me think I'm not missing anything special. :D

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
  11. GoGo Gadget

GoGo Gadget Long timer

Oddometer:
    You hit a 250 yard target with a Browning HiPower?

Hope you are wearing hearing protection even with .22LR. Otherwise you are going to be very deaf when you get older.
  12. fyrfytr

fyrfytr B.U.F.F.

Oddometer:
    I can't speak to the durability/reliability. It wasn't mine. I just put some rounds down range. While admittedly fun to shoot I'd rather have something more traditional, blued steel and a beautiful piece of walnut. But that's just me. When you get yours, I hope you enjoy it.
  13. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    There is a place for pretty guns in my house, but black guns have a place too. I really want the KSG for the wife to snuggle with at night. She wants a home defense shotgun, and being tiny, she likes the bullpup design. She also likes the capacity.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
  14. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
  15. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
    I have an itch that is only going to be scratched by a 1911 and really like the Rock Island stuff. I have never fired one but it sounds like you are really happy? What should one expect to pay for something like that?
  16. rapidoxidationman

rapidoxidationman Easily trainable

Oddometer:
    This pic jives nicely with your sig line:lol3
  17. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
    Thanks, I forgot about that as I have sig's hidden. :lol3
  18. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hate to tell you this....but that is a PSL. :D

It is kinda like that magazine clip thing :rofl

19. JBADV

JBADV searching for sanity

Oddometer:
    Check out the Sig Sauer 1911s,very nice. :D
  20. Manuel Garcia O'Kely

Manuel Garcia O'Kely Back at last

Oddometer:
    Full sized elk steel cut out - rather hard to miss a clang target....hit it with the .22 as well, but had to aim even higher.

Yea, I wear hearing protection, I've already learned my lesson...what?

People already say I'm deaf anyway - it's more like I don't listen anymore.