2013 990 feels down on power

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Trail Joe, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Trail Joe

Trail Joe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    My 2013 990 has about 6000 miles on it and the last 500 or so has felt like it is down on power. I have FMF Q4's without the inserts, clean CPR intake(and tune that has worked for the last 4000 miles) and don't run it too hard for the most part. Probably 60/40 pavement to dirt ratio, always lead on our rides so the bike hasn't seen much dust.. It still runs good just feels down on power a bit. I am thinking about changing the fuel filter. Is that a good place to start?
  2. spencergt66

spencergt66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does it sit alot? like for a month at a time with out running every once in a while? Fuel filters and maybe have the injectors cleaned.
  3. Trail Joe

Trail Joe Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bike hasn't sat for more than two weeks. I keep track of ever ride. Any other ideas? Bike still gets the same mileage, about 30 off road and 40ish on. Maybe its me... It just doesn't seem to rev as freely/quickly as it once did.
  4. Zuber

Zuber Zoob

Oddometer:
    It is probably just breaking in. The valves are going out of adjustment, the throttle bodies are out of sync, the TPS sensor is not at the ideal voltage anymore, plugs a little worn. Push on, get to 9000 miles and do the first big checkup. It will run better than ever.
  5. Trail Joe

Trail Joe Adventurer

Oddometer:

I like that answer!!