Loose Nut Dual Sport Ride 2012

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Loose Nut

Loose Nut wannabe Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    South Western Indiana Dual Sport Ride - Nov 3 & 4, 2012 - Mark your calendars.

Link to Laying Down Tracks GPS Tracks and Waypoints posted for your enjoyment:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19667942#post19667942

For those of you that like to make reservations so that you know where you are going to sleep, we have the following Lodging Suggestions: (NOTE: All of these lodging/camping suggestions will have their waypoints saved on the gps track file to help everyone get where they’re going. We are working to see if we can get discounted rates, but don’t hold your breath)

Friday Night Hotel Suggestions:
    (the following hotels are about a half mile south of the Flying J Truckstop and Loose Nut Ride Start & Finish) – there are also many others in the area not too far away if these get booked up or are not to your liking.

Comfort Inn
    19622 Elpers Road
    Evansville, IN 47711
    (812) 867-1600
    comfortinn.com

Holiday Inn Express – Evansville North (I-64 & US41)
    19600 Elpers Road
    Evansville, IN 47725
    (812) 867-1100
    hiexpress.com

Super 8 Evansville North
    19601 Elpers Road
    Evansville, IN 47725
    (800) 454-3213
    super8.com

Friday Night Camping Suggestions:

Vanderburgh County 4H Center Campground (about 5 miles south of ride start - Flying J)
    Boonville-New Harmony Rd.
    Evansville, IN
    (812) 867-6217

Lynnville Park (about 15 miles east of ride start – Flying J
    405 W State Route 68
    Lynnville, IN 47619
    (812) 922-5144

Weather Rock Campground (about 2 miles east of ride start – Flying J)
    12848 Weather Rock Dr
    Haubstadt, IN 47639
    (812) 867-3401

Saturday Night Lodging Suggestions:

Comfort Inn & Suites – Rockport (mention the Loose Nut ride and get a discount $$$) :lol3
    1355 N Plaza Dr
    Rockport, IN 47635
    (812) 649-2979
    comfortinn.com

Rockport Inn Bed & Breakfast
    130 South Third St.
    Rockport, IN
    (812) 649-2664
    Note: they only have eight rooms priced from about $55 (and up) AND they’ll cook you a real breakfast in the morning

Oakridge Park Campground & Community Building
    Rockport, IN
    (812) 649-2860
    1/2 mile north of Hwy 66 on Silverdale Rd
    Showers, Full Hook-Ups
    Ron Bingle cell - 812-686-3932
    Community Bldg. Rental
    $15 tent sites
    $25 RV sites
    Note: Ron said no need to call for campsite reservation - he was just hoping for a bunch of bikers that would bring trashy women - not sure he understands the whole dual sport thing
  2. triumphsidehack

triumphsidehack Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nowhere Indiana ,on the outskirts of Darmstadt
    Well .... finally a post to the up coming Loose Nut ride. man this is going to be a hoot . Got to ride a pre-run ( 1st leg ) of the two day jaunt through southern Indiana and along the Wabash and Ohio rivers , what great gravel roads and awesome landscape's through the corn and bean fields and river bottom's. Going to be super and challenging , with a little of everything thrown in. Over to New Harmony ...outstanding along the river to the old dam and over to Mt Vernon . Had no ideal you could ride this many miles on gravel in so western Ind and then " bam " some watermelon sand thrown in to keep you on your toes.

Road the little Yam'y 250 with a buddy ( saddlesore ) on his DR350 at very moderate speeds and had a great day and super ride ending up in Rockport IN at around 5vish with many stops for water and pic's along the way.Even had a great brunch in New Harmony on the way out ( got started late ) but had no problem making the 200 + miles on the 1st section with time to spare. You guy's are in for a treat. Don't want to give to much away but when you get to the Dog Town section , hope you get to ride along with the train when comes over the elevated trestle from Kentucky. man what a blast riding down a single track path with a freight train clacking 20 feet overhead " what a rush ".

Maybe you guy's should move this up a week or so I'm getting way to pumped up with all this nice weather ! come on Nov . Think I'll get get the knobbies ready just in case
  3. Loose Nut

Oddometer:
    Gonna have to start early in the morning if you want to stop and visit all the covered bridges, old iron bridges, rivers, water fronts, RR tretles, sandbars, river camps, melon patches, farm roads, etc.

[​IMG]

I have had so much fun riding other rides posted on this forum such as Missouri Swinging Bridges, Hoosier National Forest Ride, Kentuckiana Icebreaker, Moonshine, that I figured it was about time to give back to so many that have put so much time and effort into making great rides............SO, several of us from the SW corner of Indiana have got together and started putting together a two day loop ride from our part of Indiana. Our goal will be to present this as an annual ride that covers a different area each year - but still starting in South West Indiana.

Never done this before - so please be generous with your suggestions - We're still learning. Still working out the GPS routing details, but we'll get it posted soon.

[​IMG]

And if it rains, bring knobbies.

[​IMG]

And your camera

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is GONNA BE FUN
  4. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Almost missed this one. Needs Southern Indiana in the title.

Looks pretty awesome!!
    Can't say "IN" just yet as 2 weekends of riding in a row might be pushing it.
  5. Loose Nut

Oddometer:
    Thanks opaulo. I updated title, hopefully that will help folks know where we'll be - Great Idea, thanks
  6. hackrman

hackrman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I rode it too! This is one of two fire towers on the second day.

[​IMG]

Great views from the top of the fire tower. You might want to get in shape before you trek to the top.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is going to be a great ride.
  7. hackrman

hackrman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    More pictures. This was our happy face!

[​IMG]

This is us on a ride through southern indiana interlake offroad recreation area. We go through there on the ride.

[​IMG]
  8. wasions

wasions Hang 10

Oddometer:
    In!
  9. RedBirdStation

RedBirdStation Been here awhile

Oddometer:

ME TOO:freaky
  10. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    hellengineer just sent me a PM about this ride---------this is almost in my backyard.
    I'll be there come hell or high water.

Heck----------3 weekends in a row of Indiana stuff.

I was going to put a ride on over here in Illinois---but so much stuff going on----I'll see about that one.

BigDog

[​IMG]
  11. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    Did you notice the 2nd and 3rd of November is a Friday and a Saturday ?????

Don't matter to me---just wanted to make sure you knew it wasn't Saturday and Sunday.

BigDog
  12. hackrman

hackrman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ooops! Ride date is November 3 & 4. Sorry for the screwup. First one (this hour)
  13. Hardroad

Hardroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hardroad IN
  14. Loose Nut

Oddometer:
    Not only am I out of shape, I'm lazy too - and it's a long way to the top of those fire towers.........

[​IMG]
  15. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    With three weekends in a row this should be a great fall..........................."IN"
  16. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    I guess I might as well set up camp for a month :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

BigDog
  17. hackrman

hackrman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    ADVCoot:
    I don't know why that 250 wooouldn't work great. We have two guys going that will be on yamaha 250's. They always do well. There will be everything: dirt, sand (about 200 yards), gravel, pavement. If it rains there will be some muddy spots, but nothing impossible. Should be a fun ride. Hope you show up.
  18. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:

Your a Hoosier by proxy anyway................................:lol3
  19. Hardroad

Hardroad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are great riding areas in Southern Indiana that have been kept pretty hidden. Join other Dual Sport Riders and see what your've been missing.

Hardroad
  20. MOTO818

MOTO818 n00b

Oddometer:
    Count me in! Keep the details coming.