NEOhio ADV & TAG!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by SlipChip, Sep 11, 2007.

1. SlipChip

SlipChip Adventure Commuter

Oddometer:
    So, here we go, a thread for anyone who rides in the Northeast Ohio area. :ricky

NEOhio Tag stats sheet->(Updated 1/1/24) Now with What 3 Words!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...co7zKtjz0QJMc/edit?hl=en&pli=1#gid=1584430074

NEOhio Tag Map--> (Updated 1/1/24)
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1llorVeqKKRv-kPYTqBmEP37uMkM&ll=41.365262067198,-81.44393160605468&z=9

Lets start out with a game of Photo Tag. Here are the rules.

Edit>No Whining! I should have followed Dragoon's lead and put this in years ago. Silly me, I thought it wouldn't be needed. <Edit

To claim a tag you must post a photo of your bike (or some portion thereof) within a full view of the tag that was placed. No file photo allowed for claiming. You must ride there. Please include location of the tag.

If you are the first person to claim that tag you can post a picture of your bike in a new place! Please be ready to post a new tag right away. In this case file photos are allowed for placement. Multiple tags are okay within the spirit of the game but please keep it reasonable.:deal

Tag must be accessible from a publicly recognized road. Dirt & gravel is okay as long as you warn ahead of time. Obviously the point is not to get someone into a sticky situation. :muutt

If you have figured out the location of the tag and are not the tag placer please refrain from giving obvious clues to the rest of us slackers. Again, for the benefit of the slackers, if you claim the tag, please let us know where you found it.

Okay, here are the borders...
    To the North, Lake Erie... Duh!
    To the East, PA state line, double Duh!
    To the South, Ohio Rte 39. South side of the road is out of bounds.
    To the West, Ohio Rte 60. West side of the road is out of bounds.

Okay, let's have fun and play some TAG!:clap

Quote:
    <Originally Posted by bumknee
    Hey Chip and any other east side Cleve, You think there is enough following up here in NEO to get any locals tags. Can't slab down to Central OH to play. Thinking area around 91 West - 44 East - 90 North - 422 South?
    Central Guys, didn't mean to jump in. If there is any interest we could break it into a new thread. PS - And your all welcome to hit the slab and come North anytime. But Ill probably be heading east towards PA .
    >

BumKnee, I don't know that you will find enough ADV members within that limited area to get a good game of tag going. Perhaps the entire NEO quarter of the state, and even then I think you would have to do a good bit of recruiting in the various sub forums here. For whatever reason not many NEO members show up in this thread? I too would encourage you to head south (of route 30) to find the good stuff in Ohio. Your bike certainly has the legs for it! Well anyway I will toss this one out here in case anyone or yourself is interested.I think this shot may have even appeared in another thread somewhere.
    [​IMG]
    This shot is from the cemetery across the street.
    [​IMG]
    The three digits of the state route this is on add up to 14.
  2. EZ OUT

EZ OUT Sneaky Slow Cheap Bastid

Oddometer:
    Bollocks to the snobs in the better half of the state :ksteve
    This is where the real party starts :lol3.
    As for this tag, I'm pretty clueless...:huh
    If I can get my front tire mounted today I might be able to ride again tomorrow.:deal
    SlipChip likes this.
  3. SlipChip

Oddometer:
    Well, perhaps it is time for another hint...
    Town was named for a former US President.

I was thinking that this might also be a good place to post reviews of local motorcycle goods and services.
    I'll start off by saying that Mark Weyls @ 4WS in Valley City seems like a great guy who does good work at a fair price. I found out about him from Rick G.
    Also, Use caution at Great Lakes Motorsports in Mentor.
    Details available upon request.

Might as well also mention the Motorheads who meet and ride from Routes 91 and 90 early on Saturday mornings and end up at Dennys I think down @ Rte 8 & 271 for breakfast. Seems like a good group if you like groups rides or the BS-ing that follows.
  4. lorazepam

lorazepam Two fisted burger

Oddometer:
    Good hints Slipchip. I know where to look, but will be out of state till sunday. If I am correct, one could visit doyle road bridge when getting this tag :evil
  5. EZ OUT

Oddometer:
    Alright Slippy,
    I think it is on Route 167 in Jefferson...:ears?
  6. SlipChip

Oddometer:
    Iff'n you think it is there, then that's where you should go...:deal
  7. blimpman

blimpman Fla Trail & Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    Front of the Ravenna Arsenal...??? I seemed to remember a vehicle there. It was awhile ago I was there. Maybe I'll ride out there to see...:dunno

[​IMG]
  8. 9Dave

9Dave Bazinga!

Oddometer:
    :rofl :rofl :rofl Don't make someone ride up there, get your tag, and put the next one on the levee at Marietta!

Hope you guys get more active up there. Blimpman needs more riding partners closer to home.

And if you want to come down to the sunny south again Blimpman, Larry is rememebering a bunch of fun new "roads" around TH.

Dave
  9. bumknee

bumknee Work Hard, Play Hard

Oddometer:
    While I love to think about my dream ride (Patagania Chile) and read two week ride reports, the reality is I live in NEO and outside of the occasional multiple day trip, most of my riding is “go wherever you want – but get home by dinner” or lots of 100 mile loops. Wife, Kids, Job, House etc - you know the drill.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    So lets face it NEO we have to improvise. I just gave up weekly motocross and purchased <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">1<SUP>st</SUP> street</st1:address></st1:Street> legal bike – Noob and need some help. Here are some of my loops that fit into those categories. What are yours?
    <o:p></o:p>

Out for a few hours
    · Loops that include River Road, up through Kirtland, Sperry Road, Indian Point Park in Concord for a little gravel, and then heading east into Ashtabula Co.
    · Chagrin Falls out through Parkman heading towards Mosquito lake and <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Greenville</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">PA.</st1:State></st1:place> Dodge horse crap and buggies on as many unpaved roads as I can find.
    · South through <st1:placeName w:st="on">Cuyahoga</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">Valley</st1:placeType> <st1:placeType w:st="on">National Park</st1:placeType>, circle around <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Medina</st1:City></st1:place> and back. Get to ride <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Gorge Road</st1:address></st1:Street> twice. (my vote for best <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City></st1:place> area Road)

Home by Dinner
    · Anything South of Carrolton OH – Heading to <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Wheeling</st1:place></st1:City> is my favorite so far. Great fish sandwich at Colemans.
  10. SlipChip

Oddometer:
    I think the Bum is onto something.
    Or at least one of his loops would take him into the vicinity of the tag. And Lorazepam, there are indeed a number of covered bridges out in this area. :deal
  11. bumknee

Oddometer:
    Slip

Its killing me. I had to work today - and go out of town Sun - Tue, if no one else goes and gets your tag I'll go pick it up Wed AM before work.
  12. OhioPT

OhioPT Adventure Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Hey all. Newbie here. Not sure where to post intoductions on this forum, but I thought this might be a good place to start. I'm located in Columbiana County Ohio. There is some fanatastic street and dirt riding in this area, including some pretty narly single-track/woods if you are into that.

I'll be attending the Fall Laurel Fork Wilderness event in WV next weekend. If anybody in the area wants to meet up, I'm leaving my place around 7:00 am on Friday.

Let me know if anybody wants to get together on the weekends to explore the offroad trails around here. Later.
  13. EZ OUT

Oddometer:
    Hey Bum,
    We're bound to pass by eachother one of these days. For real tight twisties try the the little road in the Brecksville reservation that connects the horse stables with the main parkway. It is only about 2 miles long but has alot of technical turns for a short length of road. Granger Rd to Bath road from East of Hametown Rd to Cuyahoga Falls is fun too.
  14. blimpman

blimpman Fla Trail & Adventure Rider

Oddometer:
    If you want a little off-road area to mess around with I found this old gravel pit a year or so ago. It isn't very big but it has some fun hills and a little mud, sand, etc... It is east of Aurora, Ohio. See the map below. Pic's below that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    TripleTriples likes this.
  15. SlipChip

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the asylum OPT.
    I get down that way now and then to visit a friend in Carrolton.
    I pretty much stick to the roads though, gravel and otherwise.
  16. hateithere

hateithere anytime now

Oddometer:

Ira road is fun too, black road by boston mills is fun lots of good quick roads back there sunday mornings virtually traffic free
  17. bumknee

Oddometer:
    Tried Route 59 first around the Ravena Arsenal. President hint then gave it away.

Town is Jefferson on Rt. 167. Small town to have such a cool chopper.

Thomas Jefferson third president. Author of the declaration of independence and quite an avid adventurer - well he funded Lewis and Clark's expedition - so maybe he was a wanna be.

I am sharing this tag with - GS N RVN, who accompanied me on the ride this evening. Thats him on the left. Yes I know - matching bikes :rofl

I need the weekend to come up with something worthy. Will post by Sunday evening.

[​IMG]
  18. GS N RVN

GS N RVN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great ride with Bumknee out to Jefferson. The ride home along I-90 was faster but not as much fun as the long way. Good thing that I-90 has a lot of exits with gas stations.... my fuel gauge was begging for fuel.
  19. SlipChip

Oddometer:
    Finally, I thought I was going to have to tag that one myself!:norton
    Maybe I put that one too far into the far corner of the state.
  20. goldmembermn

goldmembermn n00b

Oddometer:
    Just moved here a few weeks ago from MN (temporarily in Mayfield Heights until I find a permanent home in the area) with my KLR. I'll see if I can figure out this tag thing - before I get killed commuting down cedar avenue