Husqvarna TE630

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Tagati, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Tagati

Tagati tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer:
    Townsville, Capital of Free Australia (NQ)
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGreg%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> OK so word is the TE/SM630 (replacement for the Husqvarna TE and SM 610) will be unveiled this November in <st1:city><st1:place>Milan</st1:place></st1:city>. I have been told that there are rumours around about what it is but I can’t find much at all. So I will ask here. Anybody know anything? Like always with this kind of thread unverified rumour’s are welcome
  2. fire_strom

fire_strom Long timer

Oddometer:
    One very large (for Husky US) I talked with when I was considering a TE mentioned those rumors and also mentioned a Showa fork replacing the Zoke Shiver. He didn't claim these things as fact.
    Scott
  3. clapped_r6

clapped_r6 The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer:
    :ear
  4. hahmule

hahmule Balding Gloriously

Oddometer:
    I'm getting tingly all over! :ricky
  5. mountain eagle

mountain eagle terrorist

Oddometer:
    Ok so the TE610 is actually 576cc, right? So how big will a 630 actually be?
  6. Rokoneer

Rokoneer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Using 'Husky Math' I"m guessing it will be 576cc:D
  7. Flashman1

Flashman1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    How about the KTM math their 690 is a 650 - or what is BMW doing with their 650?
  8. Tagati

Tagati tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer:
    Townsville, Capital of Free Australia (NQ)
    It's Here!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Almost
  9. london610

london610 n00b

Oddometer:
  10. BikePilot

BikePilot Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like it. The KYB forks are well made and should be quite an improvement over the 'zokes. Will make getting fork parts easy too.

Only think I don't care for is that silly scooped out seat, but I guess they've gotta accommodate the moto-journos who seem mostly to be midgets with no balance:lol3
  11. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    I'll take one! Why can't it have the cool black wheels like the enduros??
  12. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    I like it and agree ont eh black wheels comment. Right side muffler as well, won't need anything special to run a Coyote bag either.
  13. LostRider

LostRider Motorcycle Addict

Oddometer:
    FYI

The following is from this site- Bikepoint.com.au
    words - Mark Fattore

Complete with 600cc single-cylinder donks

If you want to see some real action on the new model front over the next few years, then don't wander too far away from the Husqvarna bunker.

Under BMW ownership, Husqvarna is playing some serious catch-up after a few years of relative famine, and it plans to release 20 new models over the next three years - with fellow European manufacturer KTM well and truly in its sights.
    The new models are set to straddle a number of platforms, including mini and possibly adventure bikes.

The Pesaro-based manufacturer, now working out of pristine new corporate and production facilities, will certainly be pushing the proverbial envelope to meet its targets, but the rollout has already started with the updated TE and TC enduro and motocross range (keep an eye on the Bikesales Network for a full launch report), and now we've got word of two more tasty offerings - the SM630 supermoto and TE630 dual-purpose machines.

The duo were announced at this year's Milan motorcycle show, powered by 600cc, fuel injected single-cylinder engines which are claimed to produce 20 per cent more power than the existing 576cc SM610 and TE610 tackle, which are both sold in Australia.

In Milan, Husqvarna also unveiled the WRE125 two-stroke enduro bike for kids (the standard WR125 isn't sold in Australia), as well a bigger playground for the littlies in the shape of the CR50 and SM50.

To comment on this article click here Published : Tuesday, 10 November 2009
  14. canadaler

canadaler Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I sure hope they retained the (very) wide-ratio, 6-speed gear box that's been in the TE610 line since its inception. Both the old left-kick and e-start models had it...hope this one does too.
  15. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    DUH! to add MORE weight, my stock can is HEAVY , why not add another.

Hope that is SM only and not on the Enduro. I drop mine enough as is....don't want to ding up BOTH pipes:1drink
  17. kyns

kyns Long timer

Oddometer:
    Does it weigh 158 kg? As commented on Youtube. If so, kinda heavy!

Looks like the engine block is the same as 610, with some redesigned side covers? And similar head as in 510.
  18. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Why not see it positive - whatever weight spec they end up with, you can probably shed around 5 kgs pretty easily. The stock pipe sucks on pretty much all street legal bikes anyway. Cats, heavy, too quiet, restrictive etc.
  19. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)
    :tb

--mark
  20. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer: