2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by goodcat8, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Che 1190R

Che 1190R Adventurer

Oddometer:
    where I can buy exhaust for this 1190? thanks
  2. Che 1190R

Che 1190R Adventurer

Oddometer:
  3. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    To Acc1/2
  4. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bike consumes a lot in the city conditions; I never got better then 7.5 -8 lt/100 km when I ride only in the city. I guess that this inprovement is for the guus who have been consuming 10 lt/100 km. :-)))) but I am riding more crazy than any other of my older bikes. I like to feel the power; where it starts to drink up unresponsibly. :-))) the main issue is the enlarged tank I guess, 23 lt.
  5. Tancakar

Tancakar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The silly thing is in rain or off road mode it still drinks a lot , sport mode or street mode is not to bad considering 150 hp on the back wheel available .

30mpg I only get :( city or a roads . Two up.
  6. veesquared

veesquared Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've read 148 hp but assume this is at the crankshaft. Has anyone done a dyno run on the mighty 1190 Adventure? 150Hp has been mentioned many times .No matter what it is it will be more than twice that of my 690 E. For my own curiosity. I have one on order here in the USA.TIA
  7. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    I m an ex Ducati diavel carbon owner and that was 162hp but I can say to you it definitely feels like 150hp pulls mad on sport mode. Dyno results can be good but. Don't think I will take it dyno cause its a little odd to take an adventure bike to dyno:)
  8. RoundOz

RoundOz Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer:
    So when is Aquiline going to come out with an ugly-but-effective, first-born-expensive plastic tank for the Eleven? I am coming to the point of either buying tanks for my 990 or putting the money away for a new bike next year :evil.
    I have solved most of the built-in issues with my Nine (using enough money to buy a good used ktm thumper) and while I don't begrudge this (mostly) as I like turning a wrench on the machine almost as much as riding it, I thought with 10 years to think about it the Mattighofen mob might have solved a few more of these problems (the sidestand still bolted to the case! Really!). If 30 mpg is true...that's almost unforgivable. I have owned sidecars that could do that, and a diesel tonner that comes close...
    Enough whining...tell me again how 150 HP feels...:D
  9. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    150 Ktm horses man doesn't feel like them Japanese or German bikes it does feel really good :D I know why they say ktm is hooligan bike lol:clap:D
  10. AdvIvan

AdvIvan Rock on!

Oddometer:
    I just got a quote from an insurance company, who said that the insurance cost of KTM bikes are higher due to the slogan "Ready to race" :fpalm
  11. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    Which company is that.? Cause I have 2 claims and 0 no claim bonus and I am 30 years old . I have been quoted 1370£ which is fair enough. Next year it will be drop to 792£ that's what they say. Full insurance+ eu cover. And in London.
  12. AdvIvan

AdvIvan Rock on!

Oddometer:
    Well living in Stockholm here, so not really comparable I assume. But anyways, the insurance company is Svedea and offered me the silly amount of 34300 SEK, approx 3350 GBP per year. Currently I pay approx 800 GBP per year with another company.
    But the quote!! "Ready to Race" means that the bike is made for play and is therefor more expensive than other brands. Blasphemy! :)
  13. Bundu

Bundu KTM 1290SA

Oddometer:
    my 1190 seems to be about 10% better on fuel than my Yamaha XT1200Z

Remus have a pipe out for the 1190 and at the end of the video are some dyno results
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QhOPsq1FdE
  14. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:

I've seen a couple of dyno results quoted in Euro magazine articles.

IIRC they got 132-134hp at the wheel, which was about the same as the Multistrada 1200 made for them.
  15. Tancakar

Oddometer:
    Factory dynos are different then any dyno machine. Specially new dynos sometimes reads 10 to 15% down or wrong.so if they say this is a true resault I will be sad cause the bike sold with 150 hp not 134hp 145hp at rear wheel seems ok but at crank isn't very good.and this v twins needs some miles on them for full performance.
  16. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's in the range of acceptable loss for a production engine from 150hp at the crank - which is where most, if not all, manufacturers take their readings.
  17. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    + 1. About what you'd expect.
  18. Audun

Audun Adventurer

Oddometer:
    From Norwegian Bike mag:
    BMW: 116.2 hp/7900 rpm
    Ducati: 135.1 hp/9300 rpm
    KTM: 141.1 hp/9200 rpm
    Triumph: 127.6 hp/8600 rpm

The KTM has good torque from 4000 rpm, then leaves the rest in the dust from 6000 rpm. Could have shown some curves, but some people may make fuss about copyrights.

I guess we will se lots of variable results from bike to bike depending on tolerances and run in. Bad run in would easy loose you a lot of ponies...

Audun
  19. slowoldguy

slowoldguy Tire Tester

Oddometer:
    I have always heard 7% loss for chain, 10% for shaft so all those numbers sound plausible to me. Different dynos, different days.
  20. Audun

Audun Adventurer

Oddometer:
    These are all from comparision test, ie same dyno, same day..