East of Phoenix Rider's Group

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by 750Volts!, Oct 21, 2010.

1. F800ekelley

F800ekelley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a good riding group i will follow and come to some of these rides
  2. IBRiding

IBRiding Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just want to remind everyone that this ride is next weekend on 2/2
  3. nochain

nochain Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for letting me in on this guys. This sounds like a fun time for 2/2 meet at the diner and then for a good ride. I am happy to follow the path you guys choose I am easy going and will be glad to just get out and ride and meet you all. IBR I thanks for the input on fuel not being much of an issue. I am real conservative and always over prepared.
  4. WJP4

WJP4 Will work for toys

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I live down in AZ city and would like to hook with you all for this ride. I know that area pretty well and may be able to help with other routs. I've been doing mostly big bike rides, But picked up a new WR250R a few weeks ago and would love to get out with some other riders. Wade
  5. IBRiding

Oddometer:
    Nochain and WJP4, I'm glad you guys want to go and I am looking forward to this ride next Saturday. It will be cool to see some new faces along with the regulars.

Bill
  6. WJP4

WJP4 Will work for toys

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bill, Look Foreward to meeting every one on 2/2 sure we'll have a great day.
    Wade
  7. IBRiding

Oddometer:
    F800ekelley

Sorry I for got include you as well in my last post. Please join us if you can make it.
  8. azredline

azredline Wobbly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just a heads up... A few of us were down there in Oct with no recent rains and that "little river" (Santa Cruz) crossing was about 24" deep, and there were loose rocks in the center that you couldn't see. I made it through but got both boots full!

After seeing me flounder around in there, the rest of the group opted out, so we went south and circled the air park (museum?) and came in from the other side, via silver bell rd, which was fine. The road continuing on toward Silver Bell mine was closed at that time (W of Sasco at the intersection of sasco and silver bell rd).

Also, we planned to go out via that road that comes from behind Picacho peak (starts out as sunland gin I think) but it had a deep quagmire that forced us to go back around the long way we had come from which made gas supply interesting.

Things may have changed again since then, but with all this rain...have fun and let us know what you find!
    cheers, steve
  9. IBRiding

Oddometer:
    All,

I agree with Paul and want to have a easy ride. I'm not quite sure if what Steve mentions that Sasco Rd from I10 will be OK or not. If not I guess we need to come up with a plan B or push the ride out until 2/9

If possible lets try to keep it around the same general area so everyone that was intrested will not have to add a lot of extral miles. We could do Cochran instead as that is pretty mello.

So let's hear from everyone as to what we should do. Either push it out another week or modify the route.

Bill
  10. WJP4

WJP4 Will work for toys

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys, Yes AZRedline is correct that little river crossing has been running deep all winter. There is a back road behind Picacho that brings you out at the feed yard behind Red Rock. We could go down and check out the River, If it's to deep then go out to the access Rd. and down to Marana. It's 10 miles. Then you can get fuel and go to the ruins,and back without crossing the river.There is a back RD. from Marana ( Dirt ) That's goes to Mule Deer Rd. That takes you to Park Link Dr. Then could go up to Freeman Rd. to Willow springs and whatever else. I'm not much of a ride leader cause everyone passes me and that makes leading difficult. But would be more than willing to help out if you still want to ride that area.
    Wade.
  11. nochain

nochain Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Guys I just sold my bike....I thought it would take longer and that I would have more time to ride it :(

Anyway if and when I get another I wanted to thank you all for letting me think I could at least ride with you guys!

Hope you guys have a nice and safe adventure this weekend!

Ron
  12. IBRiding

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Wade's information it looks like we can pretty much keep the trip as planned. How does meeting at Tags at 9:00 sound? For anyone meeting me at the house we should leave around 8:15

Ron,

If you every get another ride look us up.
  13. nochain

nochain Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks IBR!
  14. IBRiding

Oddometer:
    All,

We will see everyone tomorrow, the weather should be really nice.

Bill
  15. IBRiding

Oddometer:
    All.

I will be heading out soon but may be just a little late at Tags. 1/2 hour worst case
  16. IBRiding

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all for another great day and a special thanks to Wade for leading the way. I will post some pics soon.

Bill
  17. AzTinBender

AzTinBender Adventurer

Oddometer:
  18. F800ekelley

F800ekelley Adventurer

Oddometer:

No worries next weekend if u guys are riding keep me posted i would love to meetup
  19. rickcool72

rickcool72 mOtOcIcLiStA

Oddometer:
  20. NEfarmer

NEfarmer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Good video.
    I have last Saturday's ride available in .gpx file from my spot gps. Darold