Loose Nut Dual Sport 2014: So. Illinois - Nov 1 & 2, 2014

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by Loose Nut, Nov 15, 2013.

1. TooSlow4U

TooSlow4U 2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer:
    Absolutely! Actually, for this year, I found a pair of midget twins. They are not only super hot, but also are filthy rich and own their own brewery! Well, it's a "micro" brewery....which is fitting :lol3
  2. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Maybe we can get one to stand on the other's shoulders...it would put their mouths at just the right spots! ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
  3. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    Are there any Wal-Mart places near the start area that I could sleep in my trailer without paying those big motel bills? It is costing a bunch just to get down there....no "share a ride" system down from MI this year:eek1 Are we coming back to the starting point Saturday night or do we need to make arrangements for a second place to stay then also? Just trying to figure out where to stay ahead of time.
  4. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey buls4evr-------all the answers to your questions and many, many, many, more on in post #3 at the beginning of this thread.

BigDog
  5. buls4evr

buls4evr No Marks....

Oddometer:
    Thanks..
  6. OzarkDave

OzarkDave Army Veteran

Oddometer:
    The map says Walmart in Marion to Ferne Cliff state park is 13 miles, 20 minutes.
  7. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
    Hello.:clap
  8. Kaveman

Kaveman Unga.. Bunga..... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm in.
  9. epix1718

epix1718 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We're in!

[​IMG]
  10. Loose Nut

Loose Nut wannabe Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Hooohraaay! the ural will be a great choice.......I hope you bring somebody to take lots of pictures from the sidecar............anxious to ride with you all!
  11. nickgindy

nickgindy Lover of the KLR

Oddometer:
    And video. Now Tyler can bring his for the weekend for once.
  12. MudDuck83

MudDuck83 n00b

Oddometer:
    Campsite is reserved for 3 southern Indiana guys! Really looking forward to this ride and making new friends along the way! If there are anymore people from the southern Indiana area that is interested in joining us for the trip let me know. As of right now we have room for a couple more! The plan is to load bikes into toy hauler and head that way midday on Friday. We will stay for the full ride and head back Monday morning.

In the meantime while we wait anxiously for the LooseNut to get here we are going to be riding near Lagottee Indiana we have caught some good leads on some what we are thinking is going to be some really cool riding near the Martin State Forrest. We will be doing this Sunday July 6!!!
  13. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    Looks like over 1/2 the reserve-able sites are taken as of today 7-4-14

Rode thru the campground late yesterday with a hometown buddy as we had been riding down that way---and he picked out a site that would suit his camping rig.

There are still 23 sites --------first come first serve----not reserve-able------they are great spots too---------you just can't reserve them. Numbers 1 thru 23 I think.

I can see it now--the hunters all going to try to reserve some sites in a couple of months and are going to go "WTH" (what the heck)-----hate that F word.

BigDog
  14. MudDuck83

MudDuck83 n00b

Oddometer:
    Just out of curiosity...what time is everyone going to start rolling into campground friday? What time saturday morning are kickstands going up?
  15. BigDogAdventures

Oddometer:
    There are way over 50 people coming---I'm sure they will be coming in early and late----no set time at all.

Me and maybe a couple others will get there Thursday sometime and camp----do some riding--------totally unorganized.

Kickstands Up-----------whenever "you" feel like it. There will be probably 20 different groups---or ride alone.

We will "NOT" be riding in one group----------didn't mean to yell :rofl:rofl:rofl

I'll probably be in Goreville Saturday morning at 6:45AM knocking on the restaurant door (Delaney's--they open at 7AM) ---hoping they'll let me in for breakfast-----I'll be on my bike suited up.
    If you want to start earlier---or later--that's fine.
    Or I might cook at camp--and ride right out of camp---who knows what I'll do ????

You are on your own---do as you like.

BigDog
  16. Justarida

Justarida Genius At Large

Oddometer:

Hey MudDuck glad to see another Southern In. boy going. I live around the Corydon area. I too have my campsite reserved and my travel plans mirror your groups plans. I was going to be trying to find a group to ride with when I got to camp so if you folks are open to another rider tagging along with you count me in. I rode with a group from Indy last year in a diiferent ride and they really talked up the Loose Nut ride as being one of the best they had been on so I'm very much looking forward to this! I will PM you with some questions about riding around the Martin forest area.
  17. MudDuck83

MudDuck83 n00b

Oddometer:

Just PM'd you Justarida!
  18. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    I love the pot-pies at the Overlook!:deal:deal

Key words ^^^^ :deal Totally unorganized.....but in a good way.:D
  19. Justarida

Justarida Genius At Large

Oddometer:
    Key words ^^^^ :deal Totally unorganized.....but in a good way.:D[/QUOTE]

Pot Pies are good definetly but the next time roll thru at breakfast time an get a plate of pancakes and sausage, put some peanut butter on them bad boys an u got a rib sticken all day belly full!!:evil
  20. brewski83

brewski83 Squatch Hunter

Oddometer:
    Justarida I live in Bradford, IN just outside of Palmyra. Always welcome to hook up with us!