Typical a-hole trying to get out of ticket I deserve

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by ride4fun562, Feb 5, 2014.

1. ride4fun562

ride4fun562 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    does this involve the officer? If he gets mad won't he be able to upgrade me to the reckless?
    FINALLY SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY OFFERS A LITTLE HELP.
  2. ride4fun562

Oddometer:
    To far to ride there and I don't own a truck, but when I do go with buddies I make the most of it, wheelies all day.
  3. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    I have an idea; why not just send in a check for whatever you think is the appropriate amount for the fine, and a note explaining why.

I'm sure they'll be very understanding.
  4. ride4fun562

Oddometer:
    I wish that wasn't a joke , in my perfect world thats how things would work, obviously you couldn't send in $5 and be done but I think that kind of system could work. I would gladly pay $200 for my wheelie.
  5. tkent02

tkent02 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Read the third post. I'm out, good luck beating down the man.
  6. ride4fun562

Oddometer:
    Despite how much of an immature douche you guys think I am, I know I broke a law and will likely be paying for it. This is my plan for the future.

[​IMG]

Lol watch me get a ticket for not having a mirror even though I cant see shit out of that one anyways
  7. WYO George

WYO George I have no idea

Oddometer:
    FWIW, I don't think you are a douche. I just think you're young and immature trying to learn things the hard way.

Love the note, hope you don't get a ticket for no mirror, it'll probably cost you $700 in CA:huh
  8. ForknRoad

ForknRoad Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One day you'll get it. But I suspect it might not be soon.

I get the impression that you like to ride with these sorts:

http://youtu.be/INfElroIKO0

Seriously, Dude - the law is what it is. If you break it, you pay. That's the way it works. If you can flout it once in while, that's awesome - have your fun. But man up and take it on the chin when you don't get away with it.
  9. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    :huh Quoted for preposterity. How old are you?

Your first sentence says it all. You know what is right and wrong yet you are looking for any ideas to make your mistake go away. In your second sentence you admit to being "caught", then you want to try and get out on a technicality and are willing to lie to a judge to do it. That says a lot about your lack of character. :deal
    Now, all that aside, who do you think the judge would believe? You or the officer? I have a good idea who...and it wouldn't be you.
    You better hope no one from that jurisdiction gets wind of you admitting on the internet you would lie to a judge.

That should be the end of thread but somehow he thinks he is above the laws the rest of us peons have to abide by. :lol3

Yeah, I'm sure those Hollywood stuntaz wannabe's would agree with you. Why should anyone be sympathetic towards a fool who does wheelies in front of a cop?
    As others have said, the officer could have impounded the bike...and you. Grow up, take responsibility for your actions and stop whining.

But, if you want this to go away just plead temporary insanity. That always works...:deal
  10. ride4fun562

Oddometer:

Actually I tried to go to a stunt ride/ show once , I left wayyyy too many bikes super unsafe.
  11. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    If you're broke and looking for work, now's your chance to GTFO of a state that's one of the most expensive to live in. Pick one that has no income tax and where housing costs are half as much.
  12. ride4fun562

Oddometer:

I'd expect no less from a L rider :thumb I have the R , makes it a little harder to keep my front down. Also you have never been on supermotojunkie.com have you, I'm just as likely to be flamed there.
  13. Wasser

Wasser Spilt my beer

Oddometer:
    I'd take the speeding ticket.

In CO, a wheelie is considered reckless driving and/or exhibition of speed.

An exhibition of speed infraction is a 12 point ticket and loss of license.
  14. ride4fun562

Oddometer:
    Yea I guess that's the answer
  15. PlainClothesHippy

PlainClothesHippy But a moment's sunshine fading in the grass.

Oddometer:
    All I would add is that the officer saw your prior tickets on the computer in the cruiser and he cut you some slack anyway. Most would have seen the record and nailed you to the wall. I wouldn't repay that kindness (expensive kindness, but kindness none the less) by lying to a judge and making him look bad. It sucks, but your best course of action is to pay the fine and be done with it.
  16. Mikehusa

Mikehusa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No flaming....good luck with your pursuit to get out of it. I find the responses to these kinds of posts funny as hell, you would think that the motorcycle collective are a bunch of scooter driving alter boys. No offence to all you scooter owners.
  17. ride4fun562

Oddometer:

Actually when he pulled that up ( I know because they had me in the back of the car) it showed nothing? Idk how it works, maybe since I haven't paid it yet it didn't show up? but yea despite some of my previous comments I know I will likely have to pay this, I will probably end up doing community service for it since I can't stand to give them any more money.
  18. ride4fun562

Oddometer:

thanks
    The way they are acting is probably only in response to the way I worded things, and my reactions.:norton
  19. erkmania

erkmania I Remain Undeturd

Oddometer:
    I'm going to quote post #3 for you. I think this is probably the best approach. It gets you in front of the judge where can see if the officer doesn't show or you can act contritely and ask for a reduced bail amount if he does. You could man up and reduce your $$$.$$ exposure all in one sitting. Sounds good to me.

I don't think the TBD will work well for you. I just can't believe the officer didn't write any citation notes for what he and the judge will likely see as a ridiculous charge against you.

I have been down the TBD path and was successful when I pointed out something the officer may not have considered. IDK for sure since the officer never replied to the TBD. It could have been something else, but I don't think so. In your case, the officer absolutely saw you do a wheelie. I would bet he would inform the traffic commissioner about your wheelie if you challenged his generosity and the strangeness of the citation.
  20. Kommando

Kommando Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm of the "no harm, no foul" philosophy. It makes no freakin' sense to me why somebody should get ticketed and fined if they haven't actually caused a collision, damage, injury, or avoidance maneuver. I see people do stupid crap all the time on the road that they never seem to get pulled for, yet a cop will write you for nothing more than doing 80 in a 70...on a freakin' sportbike that will easily handle over 130, in light traffic and clear weather. The laws are jacked. The enforcement is jacked. The courts are jacked. The brainwashing of the public is jacked.

Take responsibility...:lol3

When was the last time you saw a public official take responsibility and vote themselves a reduction in pay? When was the last time you saw a cop ticket themselves for a traffic or parking violation they committed when they weren't responding to a call? When was the last time you saw a judge turn themselves in, confess, and plead guilty to some crime or misconduct they've committed?

Leadership by example...aint exactly happening. THEY are the assholes.