District 37 Racers and Curious Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Motodisiac, Mar 14, 2011.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    So you have a real honest to dawg race bike now, and you are fantasizing about racing an even bigger pig than you just got off off?
  2. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    speaking of which, the "road manners" of that thing are questionable at best. Im going to get arrest just going to work in the morning....

:D

dood have you ever had a GS in the dirt before? Its, quite literally, way more than twice the big the 650R is. Just getting your ass out of the dirt and back to tarmac is quite the rewarding experience! I think they are 650 lbs dry, not including 8 gallons of gas.

:nod

Plus! how many people have ever entered a D.37 or USDR race with a GS! It would be awesome.....admit it
  3. MotoMike

Oddometer:
    I don't know. You actually might piss some people off if you are in the way when the leaders start lapping you. And you are going to needlessly thrash your expensive German motorcycle. Maybe try riding it around a known course when there isn't a race going on and a bunch of people roosting you.

(Or concentrate on your new bike)
  4. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    this is true....Id never do it where the leaders would be on the same loop, I would do it from the beginner row for sure.....

and i will for sure be concentrating on the new bike! cant wait to race it! and just so you know, the asking price for the KTM is the same amount that I paid for my "expensive German motorcycle"

:evil
  5. trailtrick

trailtrick goat trail rider

Oddometer:
    You can get a decent or nice ktm 450 xc 06 /07 and race it no problem
    or a yz 450 for 3k add a tank and a steering damper and race it also .
  6. metal

metal President of FRONJ

Oddometer:
    Not sure if any of you ADVriders went out to the Prospectors Enduro. It was pretty epic out there yesterday. The course was good, and the light sprinkle that the race started with got pretty hard by the end. Not sure how they did it, but the first loop managed to bypass a lot of the whoops that you come to expect at Red Mountain.
  7. Blue Man

Blue Man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am in the Huntington Beach MC (HBMC) and have layed out and raced all the races D37 offers over the last 13 years. If any Adv Riders want to come out and we will show you the ropes and guest pit you. If you have any questions PM me or check out www.district37ama.org for more info.

Hare and Hound= two 40 mile loops
    National H and H= one 40 mile loop, one 40 mile harder loop, one 15 really hard loop
    Desert Scramble= one 40 mile loop run twice
    Euro Scramble= Aprox. 12 to 15 mile loop run three times
    Eunduro= 35 to 40 mile first loop, 35 to 40 second harder loop, 10 to 15 mile third loop very hard

Every race is slightly different and very in toughness, come out and give them a try, I have loved them and hated them at different times, never been disapointed.

There is also D37 dual sport rides that offer easy and hard ways, and the long one La B2V (LA Barstow to Vegas) 500+ miles in two days, very fun, I ride sweep when Im off work, must do at least once.

Loob me a PM if any of you needs help getting involved with D37, great clubs and officers making it happen for us.D
  8. Motodisiac

Motodisiac Moto Terrorist

Oddometer:
    So who is in for this Sunday? I think I have recovered enough to give it a try.My bike is still exactly where I left it last time I rode it - in a car :)

D.
  9. MotoMike

Oddometer:
    Dirt Diggers is a fun race. The weather can be iffy, but you shouldn't let that stop you from coming out.
  10. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    +10

Was planning on this one but man, Tim's girlfriend is kill me and his racing! When I was his age I never let a chick get in the way of my racing (didn't get laid very often though.......Jajajajaja!)
  11. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    ohhhh count me in..... cant freakin wait.

and BRING your GF! Im bringing my wife.... she may camp out at the nail shop all day but so what?

:lol3
  12. Blue Man

Blue Man Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dirt Diggers is a great race, alot of my buddies say it is their favorite. Start by class is good due to not having to worry about the bomb run. I will be chasing my son in the novice mini class and then if we are not too late racing the second loop when he finishes. If any of you guys need pit support look for the blue and yellow flags, HBMC and ask to guest pit. Due to weather I am going out Sunday morning, it was snowing last night.
  13. eatpasta

Oddometer:

:clap

awesome.

Ill be hotel-ing it in Ridgecrest as my wife doesnt like anything below 50's when camping.... or rain.... or snow. and our tent has a hole in it.

:augie

so ill be up on saturday afternoon

see all you FF's out there
  14. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    just pulled this from the D.37 site. Its referencing this guys' class win last weekend

THIS is racing. All those NASCAR loving goons can cram this up their tailpipes
  15. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Is there a reason you are not driving on Sunday morning? My wife wants to come with me, but I only have room in the back of the van next to the bike :rofl

D.

16. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    I hate driving in on Sunday morning.... no matter how early I leave it always seems like I dont have enough time. Ridgecrest is onyl about 15 mins away so that should be fine.

I just checked the Vet standings and Im in dead last

:lol3

guess who is right above me??

:ddog
  17. Motodisiac

Oddometer:
    Get used to it, I will try to keep you behind me :) I'm not surprised we are dead last though, with only one race under our belt this year.

D.

18. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    yeah I cant believe how many races I miss..... It must be so easy for folks that just have a half hour drive!

Anyways.... you'd better have your A game out this weekend....

The 525 descends......

:dog

:evil
  19. BAZZER450

BAZZER450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How did you make out in idaho ?
    Thought it was pretty good race even with the cold temp
  20. MotoMike

Oddometer:
    The preliminary results have me at 55th OA and 3rd 50+ A, not as good as I would like to have done, but I still had a good time. I got a pretty bad start, passed a lot of people and then started getting tired around the 2nd half of the second loop. It was really cold after the big water crossings!

And you?