nachtflugs 2013 MX (and this year SX) picture perfect thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by nachtflug, Feb 21, 2013.

1. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
  2. nachtflug

Oddometer:
  3. nachtflug

Oddometer:
  4. nachtflug

Oddometer:
  5. GalacticGS

GalacticGS Motorcyclist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great pics as always! You can see every little dent in that low pipe ^^^
  6. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Chris Carr. yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Laconic

Laconic Old Normal

Oddometer:
    I don't know shit about MX racing, but your pics are cool as hell. Thanks.
  8. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice Leg shot!

I like the shapely girl ones on the left!

Red High Heels would have been nicer rather than red sneakers though in my expert opinion

9. Southest US Thumper

Southest US Thumper Extreme n00b

Oddometer:
    Awesome added some SuMo for 2013, gonna get some Enduro Cross 2014??? :thumb
  10. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I never rule anything out. from Saturday.

vintage dirt track in the afternoon. walk 100 yards to mini SM at night on a go kart track with 150 cc sized bikes.

unless you had a big bore kit. :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Scootern29

Scootern29 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This one kills it. Awesome shot my fren
  12. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    Every time I look at this thread, I see another, then another greatest shot ever.
    You are getting better and better with every shot.
    And that is just damned cool to see let alone the great photos.

Thanks for doing this.
    Without your work I and a bunch of others would not get to see any of this. Very cool.
    These images jump off the screen of this iPad.

Stunning doesn't even begin to describe it.
    If I were one of these riders, and you showed me the photo, I'd buy it and get it made huge and hang it on the wall so I'd be able to remember exactly how it was when I was fifty years down the road.
  13. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    What can I say? This means a lot hearing this. This deserves a very long response as it rings home to me when these pictures ring home to someone else. The whole process of this photographic journey for me as become all consuming. And I like it. Unfortunately life has reared it's head in a very real way for me this week and my face time in front of the IMac has been reduced to a minimum. Thanks for the compliments and looking forward to addressing them properly as time allows.

scotty c
  14. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    southwick. Iphoto...Andrew Short..

[​IMG]
  15. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

I've been there once when he was doing his thing, at the event out on the course.

He gets in there close, scary close sometimes, and the pictures I saw after were better than than the front row seat I had with a flag in my hand and all access.

The shots where you can see the situation in the riders' eyes and the violent nature of what he's doing are incredible, and they keep getting better.

Go Flug, go. :thumb
  16. ThereisnoSpoon

ThereisnoSpoon High Enough

Oddometer:
    I couldn't agree more! We saw him there at Southwick near the first turn and I was standing practically on the track and this is the best I could come up with.

[​IMG]

Maybe I should have been closer. :huh In any case I could use a lesson or two from the man. I've also been fortunate enough to be on the good side of his camera, thanks again Scott.

Scott, will you be at the Monster Cup in Vegas in a couple of weeks? We'll be there with the RCH team, if you stop by the hauler I'll introduce you to Ricky if he's there. I know you're his biggest fan. :D

If not I'll look forward to next year's shots.
  17. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    thanks mates! to say I like doing it is an understatement. Facebook continues to throw major mind boggling curveballs at me. Glimpses into other peoples lives. Some really nice ones, some pretty sad ones. Sport, wether its baseball or motocross or anything else has real people under the hats or helmets, and I like to think I'm somehow in tune with the people on the bike and the more I do it, the more it slows down and becomes slow motion and is just there for the taking. The nice thing is when they case a jump, I don't. :hide

Took these yesterday. Just kids at an open practice. 106 just wadded it up right in front of me less than 2 months ago and broke his collar bone. :doh

[​IMG]

The RM rider is 13 and thats a 250 and his waist is about as big around as a loaf of bread. Skinny little shit but he can whip that thing like no tomorrow. :eek1

[​IMG]

The little RM rider is the younger brother of a kid I've become facebook friendly with, a nice kid, really getting into video and production, he appreciates the shots I put on his FB wall and and he's already in 2 years gone from a mini rider to a top 10 C rider in the 250 class, on a 125 KTM. :deal

And along comes a little brother who in one short year has gone from a fairly tentative rider to a capable mini rider who's hauling serious ass.

It just never ends...

[​IMG]
  18. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    like this. one of the kids who's name I've come to know as "local", as in an hour away, posted this a few weeks back.

Well dad... Its been 7 years since you left us. These 7 years have defiantly been the hardest. But i made my way back to racing this year, after 6 years off. I know your riding with me every time i throw my leg over the bike. Its hard showing up to the track by myself. It sucks doing everything by myself, and i often think about giving up. But your the reason i keep going. Seeing how everyone else's dad is up there with them at the gate is hard, but i know your right there with me and you always will be. I love you and miss you so much. See you soon dad. 12/14/63-9/27/06 RIP #799

I did some asking around to some people who would know and asked how the father had died, and was told he died on the track..:cry

damn. suddenly giving so many pictures away on facebook makes just a tad more sense....
  19. Chuckracer

Chuckracer Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer:
    Christ...that's sobering as hell, isn't it? :deal
  20. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    from Saturday. fall foliage colors fully underway.... Open practice at Walden Playboys. Season is winding down, every time I go to a track as soon as I hear a bike pinned while airborne and realize it isn't someone out of control and a split second away from a massive endo it all sinks in. riding MX isn't what it used to be. while the bikes have progressed beyond belief they have carried the skill sets of todays riders to levels that were incomprehensible in the 70's to what today these riders consider normal. when the little bikes are flying further on jumps than the open bikes used to something has definitely changed.

all of these taken with the 70-200 lens with a 1.7 teleconverter on it. that means it increases the length of the lens by 1.7 but I don't know what that comes out to.....

ex B rider (but not for very long...) now A rider Schae Thomas from PA shows why he's an A rider...

on a 2 stroke. :deal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]